The Official Pre-Ordering Pajama Party

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Wanted to post last night but I was totally wiped - set an alarm for 245a here on the East Coast. Had my favorites already set up in the Apple Store app. Had my iPhone and iPad at the ready - store opened for me about 305a on my phone but wouldn't open on the iPad. Pre-order went very very smoothly compared to last year! Got my Silver 256GB XS Max for store pickup on the 21st and a Space Grey 44m AW4 shipping to me the same day. My local store didn't show as having any Max available for pickup so I had to pick up at a store that's about 45 mins away - not too bad.

Hope everyone else had good luck too!

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but usually the apple store runs out of stock first. Even here in Australia there are still showing for all sizes and colours in both the iPhone X max and the iPhone xs. They are at a ludacris price point.

They are expensive without a doubt. From what I’ve read this morning though, shipping times are into late September and early October for those not picking up in store.

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
AT&T is cancelling my first order but can't tell me why. My second one was processed though.

Edit: he said there's a past due balance, but 3 departments later and they can't locate this balance anywhere.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
When you try to order and you get to the part that shows you the shipping date, below it, click on the option store availability

Oh I see.

My friend at work ordered early this morning and her shipping date is into October. ***Edit: She said November 2nd for a gold 512gb Max. I’m having mine delivered and she hates me. HA!!!!

So that’s only for people picking up. My impression is that most people have it delivered because not everyone lives close to an Apple store.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Woke up @6 Central and completed pre/order via app for Verizon xs Max in space gray in 64 (no issues with my x in 64). Pickup next Friday!
Will wait on the aw4 and make that my Christmas gift and hand down my aw3 to Junior.
Looking at the $, glad I bought apple stock.

Apple stock has been doing very well thank you. I have some also.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Oh I see.

My friend at work ordered early this morning and her shipping date is into October. ***Edit: She said November 2nd for a gold 512gb Max. I’m having mine delivered and she hates me. HA!!!!

So that’s only for people picking up. My impression is that most people have it delivered because not everyone lives close to an Apple store.

True, it’s only for pick up but comparing it with my experience last year, this is completely different. People will try everything just to get it on launch day. I think most people who have this option for pickup and get it on launch day will choose over the shipping option.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Almost 9 am central and all three storage sizes for the XS Max in gold are still available with shipping next week or pickup on the 21st.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
True, it’s only for pick up but comparing it with my experience last year, this is completely different. People will try everything just to get it on launch day. I think most people who have this option for pickup and get it on launch day will choose over the shipping option.

Oh well I’ve never picked up.

Another thing to consider is that this time there are three tiers going for sale. Not everyone is willing to dish out 1000K so they’re waiting for the (much cooler colored) iPhone XR.

Last year there were two models announced. The SE wasn’t part of the line up.

*IF* the XR would have had the 512GB, I would have probably gone for the XR. Just because I LOVED that blue one.

My impression is that for the last three years there’s been a lot of reporting of sales being down. Which have not borne out.

Also, with the Max being larger in hand, a lot of my friends mentioned this morning that they wanted to hold the device before committing to a purchase. I myself have very small hands but I like large devices and I even used a Nokia 1520 for a while, with no problem. So....I personally know of people who want to touch the device.

Not everybody wants to pick up in stores. And not everybody wants to buy sight unseen. I myself didn’t buy my iPhone X at launch last year. I waited until I saw it and played with the gestures.

*EDIT: and no, I wouldn’t want to have to go to a store to pick it up. So it can’t be said that people would go to a store if it’s near. I can be at Reston or Tyson’s Corner or Pentagon City or Annapolis, but why???? Some people want store pick up. Others would rather have it delivered.

patton4549

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

I live in the Chicago area as well and your right about last year. My thought is this year they have more stock. 2nd year producing a lot of the same parts, plus two models for the high end spreading the demand around equals longer launch day supply before getting pushed back.

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
AT&T is cancelling my first order but can't tell me why. My second one was processed though.

Edit: he said there's a past due balance, but 3 departments later and they can't locate this balance anywhere.

Interesting, usually when you have a balance they don't even let you order ...

Att been working my nerve lately

Hopefully you're able to order it again and be squared away with a timely shipping

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
AT&T still has all models available for Sept. 21 delivery. Must not be selling as well as past devices and everyone is waiting on the XR.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Not everybody wants to pick up in stores. And not everybody wants to buy sight unseen. I myself didn’t buy my iPhone X at launch last year. I waited until I saw it and played with the gestures.

I didn’t say everybody. I said “I think most people”. Anyway, I just don’t see people who had the iPhone X last year will upgrade and spend another thousand of dollars and the benefit you’re getting is just minimal unless they want a bigger phone, have the previous model before iPhone X or they have extra cash to spend.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Not anymore,they got caught

Best Buy now has the pre-orders available at the Apple Prices, but they don't have SIM Free, only the 3 main carriers. So regardless of that, I am sticking with the Apple Order (not canceling) as I don't want an AT&T Sim Only. I live in a Log Cabin and the walls are really thick, and AT&T has issues here, not sure why. Verizon (my office mobile) seems to work. So I don't want the hassle of asking AT&T to unlock the Sim.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I didn’t say everybody. I said “I think most people”. Anyway, I just don’t see people who had the iPhone X last year will upgrade and spend another thousand of dollars and the benefit you’re getting is just minimal unless they want a bigger phone, have the previous model before iPhone X or they have extra cash to spend.

Well, each person has a reason for the decisions he or she makes.

Let’s get the first point out of the way. I have a good job and I choose where to spend my expendable cash.

The second point - I travel. When I travel I like to keep my media handy. ALL my music, because I never know when I’m going to get a hankering for The Four Seasons or Pink or Evanescence. And I’m a Doctor Who fan and I’m a The Walking Dead fan and I’m a Downton Abbey fan and I’m a Doc Martin fan. I also read a lot. Tom Clancy and also current events. When I travel I like to keep ALL these options open.

The third point - I fill up a phone very quickly. So I have to choose sometimes what I’m going to carry and I always end up wanting what I’ve left behind. No, I don’t stream over public WiFi. So I was going to buy a new iPad where I could keep all I want and carry that and my phone.

The fourth point - I don’t like to carry extra electronics.

So.......if I can get an iPhone Xs Max with 512 GB I can:

1). Keep all my media stored locally
2). Carry fewer electronics.

So.....I decided to get an iPhone Xs Max. I’ve been hoping for this moment for a very long time.

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, usually when you have a balance they don't even let you order ...

Att been working my nerve lately

Hopefully you're able to order it again and be squared away with a timely shipping

They reordered it for me. They think it may have been the watch that caused the error. My second order without the watch went through fine. So we'll see.

I ordered the wrong watch anyway so I'm ok with not getting it.

cgordonn

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
This was by far the easiest and fastest pre-ordering I have ever done for an iPhone. This time around I elected to try Apple's upgrade program. Took care of the pre-approval through the Apple Store app, for a T-Mobile iPhone Xs Max, Space Gray, 512GB. Set this mornings alarm for 2:55am, opened up the Apple Store at at 3:00am and was back in bed with an ordered iPhone (with in-store pickup on 09/21 at 8:00am) at 3:06am.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Well, each person has a reason for the decisions he or she makes.

Let’s get the first point out of the way. I have a good job and I choose where to spend my expendable cash.

The second point - I travel. When I travel I like to keep my media handy. ALL my music, because I never know when I’m going to get a hankering for The Four Seasons or Pink or Evanescence. And I’m a Doctor Who fan and I’m a The Walking Dead fan and I’m a Downton Abbey fan and I’m a Doc Martin fan. I also read a lot. Tom Clancy and also current events. When I travel I like to keep ALL these options open.

The third point - I fill up a phone very quickly. So I have to choose sometimes what I’m going to carry and I always end up wanting what I’ve left behind. No, I don’t stream over public WiFi. So I was going to buy a new iPad where I could keep all I want and carry that and my phone.

The fourth point - I don’t like to carry extra electronics.

So.......if I can get an iPhone Xs Max with 512 GB I can:

1). Keep all my media stored locally
2). Carry fewer electronics.

So.....I decided to get an iPhone Xs Max. I’ve been hoping for this moment for a very long time.

I ordered the 512 GB version because I like to download many movies and shows from iTunes to the phone so that I can watch them while traveling or not home. I do not use public WiFi because it is so hackable.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner