The Official Pre-Ordering Pajama Party

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Glad to see I’m not the only one that didn’t have to pay tax. I thought there was an issue because I’ve had to pay the last several years.

Oooohhhhhhh you too?? Same here , I guess we'll see on ship day if they charge anything ... It was real weird

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
The order that I had to redo said it'll be added to the bill.

I live in two states, Oregon (Tax Free) and Washington (10.1% Tax). If I go to BestBuy or another store and buy a large item I can buy it tax free. If I order online I must pay tax. Last year I got my 8+ through the carrier online, the order processed without tax, but on ship date, the tax was charged separately. Just an FYI.

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I live in two states, Oregon (Tax Free) and Washington (10.1% Tax). If I go to BestBuy or another store and buy a large item I can buy it tax free. If I order online I must pay tax. Last year I got my 8+ through the carrier online, the order processed without tax, but on ship date, the tax was charged separately. Just an FYI.

I had two orders. The one at 3am...I was charged right away. The one at 9:45am that replaced a cancelled order specifically said they were adding it to the bill. The hold for the cancelled order has been removed.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I had two orders. The one at 3am...I was charged right away. The one at 9:45am that replaced a cancelled order specifically said they were adding it to the bill. The hold for the cancelled order has been removed.

I ordered direct from Apple this year, something I don't normally do since I am on the AT&T Next. But I just wanted to pay for the phone outright this year and I wanted SIM Free, as I may not keep AT&T. I live in a Log House, with 20" or larger logs and AT&T does not work as well here as does Verizon. The 10% tax still kills me, but that's life. :0(

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I ordered direct from Apple this year, something I don't normally do since I am on the AT&T Next. But I just wanted to pay for the phone outright this year and I wanted SIM Free, as I may not keep AT&T. I live in a Log House, with 20" or larger logs and AT&T does not work as well here as does Verizon. The 10% tax still kills me, but that's life. :0(

Man the tax rate in SC is only 7.5%. SIM free is the way to go though. And yes... Verizon's coverage is unmatched, in my opinion.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered from Apple on launch day 3:00 am party. But it seems early to me to charge my credit card when it won't arrive for 6 more days.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I would push on AT&T to give you a signal booster to tie into your broadband to help improve the cellular coverage. I had considered going back to Verizon, but my bill would be $180 for 2 unlimited with 20GB data slow down vs the $130 I pay for 50GB shared on 2 lines on AT&T with monthly rollover of unused data. I won't consider the move until plans get better which will like be NEVER.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
A co-worker ordered her Xs online from Apple around 10 AM yesterday EDT. It took about 10 minutes and she’s picking it up from our local Apple Store next Friday.

I just checked my local Apple store (4:11 PM Saturday) and they still have it available for pick up on September 21st iPhone XS Max model.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I would push on AT&T to give you a signal booster to tie into your broadband to help improve the cellular coverage. I had considered going back to Verizon, but my bill would be $180 for 2 unlimited with 20GB data slow down vs the $130 I pay for 50GB shared on 2 lines on AT&T with monthly rollover of unused data. I won't consider the move until plans get better which will like be NEVER.

AT&T will no longer supply those, believe me I tried myself to get one. I am close to switching to Verizon as I can’t use my/our ATT phones in our living room, have to go stand outside or near a large window and hope.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
That's what I like about TMobile. We have a lot of lines on our account and they provided us with three (yes three!) femto cells which use existing internet connections to produce a tiny (hence femto) cell site indoors. Coverage is decent and you don't need ANY signal at all period.

The other option (and it's not free by any means) is a classic signal booster. You still need a signal at your location at least outdoors. (say one or two bars). An antenna is mounted on your roof (or in an attic) and the indoor antenna or antennas get mounted indoors as far as possible from the outdoor antenna. What this does is takes the weak signal outside and significantly boosts it indoors. Wilson makes good ones. If you're handy or find an installer and don't mind spending a few hundred bucks for the hardware, it's a good alternative to the hassle of switching carriers. Particularly if the switch is more expensive with recurring charges. When we had a signal issue and femto cells weren't practical (our wired connection wasn't the greatest) it worked great. Just be sure if the outdoor antenna is on your roof that it's properly grounded per code which an installer should take care of.

In either case, having 4-5 bars everywhere in your home, even in the basement is nice. No missed calls again!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Well that sucks. Do they no longer sell them or they just won't offer one to users who live in a weak signal area? We are in the process of building a new house in the next year and need to look at cell service, work is Verizon, personal is AT&T so I just need to know what I will have for coverage between the two.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Well that sucks. Do they no longer sell them or they just won't offer one to users who live in a weak signal area? We are in the process of building a new house in the next year and need to look at cell service, work is Verizon, personal is AT&T so I just need to know what I will have for coverage between the two.

Totally discontinued, not offered regardless of location. Their hardware partner and AT&T contract ended. They will look at “resetting the tower” but nothing to help when you have a bad connection. You can buy your own on Amazon, but they don’t seem to have great reviews, and the prices are upwards of $500

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW