So the first thing I’d noticed when I’d first started using my iPhone X coming from an iPhone 7 Plus was the way the video didn’t extend to the very edges of the screen unless zoomed in then the video was cropped. I was hoping the iPhone XS Max would solve that issue with the return of a larger screen but from all of the promo videos I’ve seen so far, it seems as though in order to have full screen video it’ll require pinch to zoom or double tap as does the existing iPhone X. I feel it’s not making good use of the 6.5 inch screen and really hope there’s a way to watch full screen video without zooming in. Anyone able to verify?
    09-13-2018 12:40 AM
    Since most videos don't have an aspect ratio that is as long as the phone X's display it makes sense that one would have to manually double tap to zoom/stretch the video to fill the display.

Your iPhone 7 plus had a different screen aspect ratio.

Think of it like a TV where you have something you watch that fills the screen. Then if you made that TV physically wider and you played that same video the only way it would fill the screen on the wider TV is if you zoomed or stretched the video playing.
    nokia4life likes this.
    09-13-2018 06:46 AM