Who’s preordering? Why or why not?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Not. This was kind of a “meh” year for me. My X is great and I don’t have a compelling reason to upgrade this year. I’ll keep this X for another year, pay it off, and revisit this decision next year.

Nepaiphone

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I use an 8plus, i may go with the Xs....seems like the size is pretty much the same and i dont wanna go any bigger than current...am i wrong?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Not. This was kind of a “meh” year for me. My X is great and I don’t have a compelling reason to upgrade this year. I’ll keep this X for another year, pay it off, and revisit this decision next year.

I agree

The Gold will have to wait another year

RPA1408

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site

Exactly my sentiments. I’ve got to the stage where it’d take something special for me to upgrade every year.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I will be preordering the Gold. I’ve been missing my Plus size iPhone ever since I got this iPhone X.

I feel the same way as you, I’ve really enjoyed my X this past year, however I’ve also missed the larger size of the Plus. I’m seriously considering ordering an iPhone Xs Max in gold. Those prices though...
...So much for the rumors of it starting @ $999, and the Xs dropping down to $899 from where the X was at $999 last year...
;-)

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I feel the same way as you, I’ve really enjoyed my X this past year, however I’ve also missed the larger size of the Plus. I’m seriously considering ordering an iPhone Xs Max in gold. Those prices though...
...So much for the rumors of it starting @ $999, and the Xs dropping down to $899 from where the X was at $999 last year...
;-)

Yeah I just looked at the prices and wanted to cry

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I guess I'm going to wait and see. I'm skeptical of their vague claims of faster Face ID. That's my only compelling reason to upgrade. I was hoping for a wider range and I don't know if that's going to be there.

Edit: To actually answer the question the thread poses, no I'm not pre-ordering because I'm taking the wait and see approach with Face ID. So if I get it, it wouldn't have been from a pre-order.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I guess I'm going to wait and see. I'm skeptical of their vague claims of faster Face ID. That's my only compelling reason to upgrade. I was hoping for a wider range and I don't know if that's going to be there.

Edit: To actually answer the question the thread poses, no I'm not pre-ordering because I'm taking the wait and see approach with Face ID. So if I get it, it wouldn't have been from a pre-order.

I understand that sentiment. However my experience with FaceTime is it either works super fast already or I got to type my password in, there is no in between.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I will be preordering the sim-free XS max 512GB in both Silver and Space Gray (although...that Gold does looks very nice). Also, nice to see Apple now has AppleCare that includes not just damage, but theft and loss...and I can opt to pay monthly for AC instead of all up front.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
;-)

Yeah those prices are certainly pushing me towards the XR. I think I’ve gotten to the point where spending even $1000 on a smartphone just doesn’t make sense... for me.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
;-)

Yea...those prices are kind of wild. For a 256GB Xs Plus, I think it was priced around $1349? Sheesh.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I understand that sentiment. However my experience with FaceTime is it either works super fast already or I got to type my password in, there is no in between.

I guess our versions of "super fast" are different. Touch ID 2nd Gen is what I consider super fast compared to Face ID unlocking.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
Bring it on!

Xs MAX 256 GB Space Grey

b2874bdd9e27f15343579b899182dd29.png

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Nope cause iPhone xsmax 512 with warranty and tax is 1901.09 for me; sure we can pay monthly for Apple Care but that's still a huge penny, plus idk what color I want this year.

1449-512 XsMax
299-apple Care with theft; 200 for reg apple care
Tax -9.25%

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Good god, no. Those prices are ridiculous. Why would Apple think they could charge $1,099 for a 64GB phone? That's completely stupid and out of touch with reality.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Good god, no. Those prices are ridiculous. Why would Apple think they could charge $1,099 for a 64GB phone? That's completely stupid and out of touch with reality.

Probably because they have 10 months of data with evidence that people were buying a 64GB device for $1,000.

I agree with your sentiment, but this is what happens when people don't speak with their wallets.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Nope cause iPhone xsmax 512 with warranty and tax is 1901.09 for me; sure we can pay monthly for Apple Care but that's still a huge penny, plus idk what color I want this year.

1449-512 XsMax
299-apple Care with theft; 200 for reg apple care
Tax -9.25%

You’re always so indecisive.