Who’s preordering? Why or why not?

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else find it weird that on the xr there’s black, but on the xs it’s space gray but both the same shade of color

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
This is frustrating. I went through the pre-approval process, but it said I am not approved for financing. WHAT?!?! I am paying a $400K house mortgage payment for over 10 years and I cannot get pre-approved for a freaking $2000 phone??? What the heck??? Does anyone know why?

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
This is frustrating. I went through the pre-approval process, but it said I am not approved for financing. WHAT?!?! I am paying a $400K house mortgage payment for over 10 years and I cannot get pre-approved for a freaking $2000 phone??? What the heck??? Does anyone know why?

You could call and ask?

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
You could call and ask?
Unfortunately, it did not provide any number. It said the bank will send me an email tomorrow, with a number to call them. But who knows when will they send out the email? I just hope it won't be like 4 PM in the afternoon. Like I have said, the whole process is frustrating. I might just pay the whole $2000 in one full payment and done with it.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, it did not provide any number. It said the bank will send me an email tomorrow, with a number to call them. But who knows when will they send out the email? I just hope it won't be like 4 PM in the afternoon. Like I have said, the whole process is frustrating. I might just pay the whole $2000 in one full payment and done with it.

I believe Apple Support could help you. Not sure but worth a try.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I am preordering:

- iPhone XS Max 256GB Space Grey. Part of Apple Upgrade Program and have upgraded every year, so why not!

- Apple Watch Series 4 GPS/Cellular

Why?

- I like the improvements in the display, processor, camera post processing of images and the bigger battery in the Max.

- Apple Watch is just simply better than my Series 3 in many ways which I think Apple articulated pretty well today. It was a no brainer for me.

Pretty much doing the same! Getting the gold though as it looks so lit!

May 6, 2018
Visit site
The price is just way to expensive. I’ve bought every iPhone and upgrade each year but this time I’m on the fence. It’s $2359 for the 512gb here in Australia. It’s not an easy amount to swallow lol.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I am pre-ordering the Xs Max Space Gray 512 GB. My currently 7 Plus has 256 GB and I constantly running out of space. It's because I like to download movies and shows from iTunes to watch when I travel. The cost of the phone will be $1500. But the Apple Care + with theft coverage jumps to $300. That does not matter to me though. I always buy Apple Care + and also buy the warranty from Verizon Wireless to cover theft and loss. So I have been paying 2 warranties anyway. Now I can cancel the Verizon warranty.

As of my pre-arroval debacle, I will try to contact Apple Support today, but I doubt they can help me as it is a 3rd party bank. I very likely will just pay the $2000 up front and done with it. I am so glad they move up the pre-order date instead of the speculated Sept 21.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I am preordering the 256 GB Silver Xs Max. I have a silver X currently and like the silver stainless steel (I always got the black colors when I was an Android guy so figured I'd change it up with my iphones). This will be my second iphone ever and first time doing the preorder of one at launch. I was preapproved for the IUP so will be going that route.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm waiting to see what Google has up it's sleeve with the Pixel 3, Pixel Ultra, or whatever they decide to call it before I plunk down another $1149+.
I felt like Bill Murray in the movie "Ground Hog Day" watching this years Keynote. It was just more of the same stuff we've seen before over & over again. I swear I'll puke if I have to watch another video of Jony Ive patting himself on the back ...

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Check your credit, ive seen people with a 500 credit score get approved, make sure your credit is alright.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I can guarantee you, short of getting a massive raise where money isn't an issue, I am at my peak to what someone can get me to pay for a phone. The only good thing is I'm not really buying this phone because I upgrade through apple every year. If I had to buy it outright well I wouldn't.
The price is just way to expensive. I’ve bought every iPhone and upgrade each year but this time I’m on the fence. It’s $2359 for the 512gb here in Australia. It’s not an easy amount to swallow lol.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm waiting to see what Google has up it's sleeve with the Pixel 3, Pixel Ultra, or whatever they decide to call it before I plunk down another $1149+.
I felt like Bill Murray in the movie "Ground Hog Day" watching this years Keynote. It was just more of the same stuff we've seen before over & over again. I swear I'll puke if I have to watch another video of Jony Ive patting himself on the back ...

The event was too long for what was presented. Too much emphasis on what’s under the hood. I did order the XSMAX. It is a nice upgrade from the X which I thought was roo small. I like bigger screens for my photos.

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm very much on the fence. I have an 8 Plus which is working just fine for me, but the extra screen real estate of the Max looks awesome. But that price tag... Luckily I own my iPhone outright and can get a credit toward the purchase of a new one, but I just don't know if it's worth the upgrade.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice