Who’s preordering? Why or why not?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I thought about it but the prices not being more in line with the 7's and 8's and keeping the X's premium is really turning me off. I use the Upgrade Program but still. Was hoping to do an XS in the middle storage tier vs my 64GB X for the same price but that isn't going to happen. Also thought about the 64GB Max to get a larger screen (had 6s+ and 7+ before the X) but not sure I want to go back to a Max sized phone. The A12 sounds great until I realize I probably won't see a huge boost from it other than photo stuff because I don't do any serious gaming on my phone.

The photo and camera improvements are nice, and I could do an XR and get most of those, but the XR has a way worse screen in terms of resolution at least vs the X and the new XS series. It's actually a lower HxW resolution than the old Plus series in a larger screen which makes no sense. It should have been nnnn x 1080 where nnnn is whatever width is needed to make a 1080p video get the side letterboxing like the X and XS series.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I thought you went back to a 8?

I did, I just acquired a silver iPhone X and I am just going to use the speaker phone more on phone calls and two hands when I using it for emails, messaging and social media.

I just can’t give up using my iPhone X and will just have to adapt to two hand usage and yes I still have my iPhone 8 model. There is something that just keeps calling me back to my iPhone X.

RTakher209

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
I’m going to hold off for a while even though I’m wanting to get back to a plus screen. I was a plus user for years last being the 8Plus and then went to the X. I’ve gotten use to the X size and its been a great phone so far. There’s no difference except a new A12 chip and bigger screen for the max. Now, I will be pre ordering the watch 4 from the series 2.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I’m going to hold off for a while even though I’m wanting to get back to a plus screen. I was a plus user for years last being the 8Plus and then went to the X. I’ve gotten use to the X size and its been a great phone so far. There’s no difference except a new A12 chip and bigger screen for the max. Now, I will be pre ordering the watch 4 from the series 2.

The larger model is not for me and I am with you about waiting, except of a larger battery, not much to make me want to get one on the first pre orders like I did with the original iPhone X.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am Pre Ordering also gone ahead and done the apple upgrade program through citizens bank pre approval process, for the ATT XS Max 512GB now all I have to do is log in and finish the order on the 14th looking like another pajama party. Giving my daughter my current iphone x.

Is this the first time that you have enrolled in the Apple upgrade program?

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Is this the first time that you have enrolled in the Apple upgrade program?

Yes, for the last five iterations I’ve paid the cost vs doing the upgrade program. I figured hell I do this every year might as well enroll. My wife has done it now two years straight.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Yeah I'm planning to do my first watch this year. Been using the Fitbit charge series but the heart rhythm stuff on watch is really important to me due to some recent health stuff so I want it and Fitbit has been having some things go on lately that are turning me off.

kargurin

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
If I get one it will be the Max. And judging by the price/value comments I've been reading I don't think a pre order will be necessary. I think the carrier stores will have plenty on hand on day 1.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
I am preordering:

- iPhone XS Max 256GB Space Grey. Part of Apple Upgrade Program and have upgraded every year, so why not!

- Apple Watch Series 4 GPS/Cellular

Why?

- I like the improvements in the display, processor, camera post processing of images and the bigger battery in the Max.

- Apple Watch is just simply better than my Series 3 in many ways which I think Apple articulated pretty well today. It was a no brainer for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2