Sticking with my 8Plus... but I do think these phones are amazing. Prices are high, but I expected that.
    09-12-2018 03:47 PM
    Throw in a new case and screen protector and we’re talking 2 grand.

Yup, I’ll be holding out, hopping I win one if those iMore contests! Haha!
    And if you want the Apple Watch Series 4 (Bluetooth/GPS only) throw in another $400. The price for both will be about $2,500, or a decent down payment for a new car.
    bgl321, H_D and SmartFah like this.
    09-12-2018 03:51 PM
    I am really really debating on getting one with a Series 4 Apple Watch. Not sure yet.
    09-12-2018 03:58 PM
    Yes, 256GB model. My wife will inherit my current X. I miss a larger phone.
    09-12-2018 03:59 PM
    This was hands down one of the most boring Apple launch events ever. You could literally watch them fish for content and fill time with silly pointless information or “partners” (Bethesda demo anyone?). I actually turned the stream off after a while because I couldn’t take it any more. Anyway, I’m not preordering. The X was just literally re-released as an Xs and Xs Max (if they ever release a larger version, is it going to be Xs Maxi Plus?). What a joke.

I’m looking to pick up that Series 4 watch though once they pop up on Craigslist, only for the larger size and slimmer profile.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    09-12-2018 04:01 PM
    I guess our versions of "super fast" are different. Touch ID 2nd Gen is what I consider super fast compared to Face ID unlocking.
    I can never get finger print sensors to work, my hands are always oily, sweaty or have cuts on them
    09-12-2018 04:05 PM
    Will stick with my 8, 256X max $2049 here and the 512 $2369, my sons car cost $1900 lol.
    MooMooPrincess and libra89 like this.
    09-12-2018 04:05 PM
    Try $2750AUD here with AC+ case and screen protector That's $60 more than the 13" MBPr.
    09-12-2018 04:10 PM
    I was considering it for the dual SIM card support, but the phone has to be unlocked. So, I'll probably pass for now. I will likely pre-order the Series 4 watch, though.
    09-12-2018 04:11 PM
    I’m sticking to my iPhone 6s Plus for now. Awaiting the verdict on the OLED screen, rumour has it it might not be from the same supplier as the X.
    09-12-2018 04:17 PM

Yup, I’ll be holding out, hopping I win one if those iMore contests! Haha!
    I like the cheap tozo cases or girly cases but now I'd feel horrible buying one to put on a 1900.00 phone
    09-12-2018 04:29 PM
    I will probably get a new XS, but I am not going to worry about being the first to preorder one this time around. I still love my iPhone X and with the exception of the larger battery and the new gold color, I don’t see the “I have to have it now” factor as I did when the iPhone X was released.
    09-12-2018 04:30 PM
    I am Pre Ordering also gone ahead and done the apple upgrade program through citizens bank pre approval process, for the ATT XS Max 512GB now all I have to do is log in and finish the order on the 14th looking like another pajama party. Giving my daughter my current iphone x.
    MasterDarque likes this.
    09-12-2018 04:42 PM
    From what I gather thus far, none of the new iPhone models made me want to upgrade from my current iPhone X.
    Not Quite Right and calebt like this.
    09-12-2018 04:50 PM
    I will probably get a new XS, but I am not going to worry about being the first to preorder one this time around. I still love my iPhone X and with the exception of the larger battery and the new gold color, I don’t see the “I have to have it now” factor as I did when the iPhone X was released.
    I thought you went back to a 8?
    09-12-2018 05:00 PM
    I thought about it but the prices not being more in line with the 7's and 8's and keeping the X's premium is really turning me off. I use the Upgrade Program but still. Was hoping to do an XS in the middle storage tier vs my 64GB X for the same price but that isn't going to happen. Also thought about the 64GB Max to get a larger screen (had 6s+ and 7+ before the X) but not sure I want to go back to a Max sized phone. The A12 sounds great until I realize I probably won't see a huge boost from it other than photo stuff because I don't do any serious gaming on my phone.

The photo and camera improvements are nice, and I could do an XR and get most of those, but the XR has a way worse screen in terms of resolution at least vs the X and the new XS series. It's actually a lower HxW resolution than the old Plus series in a larger screen which makes no sense. It should have been nnnn x 1080 where nnnn is whatever width is needed to make a 1080p video get the side letterboxing like the X and XS series.
    yonghong likes this.
    09-12-2018 05:28 PM
    I thought you went back to a 8?
    I did, I just acquired a silver iPhone X and I am just going to use the speaker phone more on phone calls and two hands when I using it for emails, messaging and social media.

I just can’t give up using my iPhone X and will just have to adapt to two hand usage and yes I still have my iPhone 8 model. There is something that just keeps calling me back to my iPhone X.
    09-12-2018 05:30 PM
    I’m going to hold off for a while even though I’m wanting to get back to a plus screen. I was a plus user for years last being the 8Plus and then went to the X. I’ve gotten use to the X size and its been a great phone so far. There’s no difference except a new A12 chip and bigger screen for the max. Now, I will be pre ordering the watch 4 from the series 2.
    09-12-2018 05:33 PM
    I’m going to hold off for a while even though I’m wanting to get back to a plus screen. I was a plus user for years last being the 8Plus and then went to the X. I’ve gotten use to the X size and its been a great phone so far. There’s no difference except a new A12 chip and bigger screen for the max. Now, I will be pre ordering the watch 4 from the series 2.
    The larger model is not for me and I am with you about waiting, except of a larger battery, not much to make me want to get one on the first pre orders like I did with the original iPhone X.
    09-12-2018 05:41 PM
    No preorder for me as I don't feel the need to have it on day one.
    09-12-2018 05:45 PM
    I am Pre Ordering also gone ahead and done the apple upgrade program through citizens bank pre approval process, for the ATT XS Max 512GB now all I have to do is log in and finish the order on the 14th looking like another pajama party. Giving my daughter my current iphone x.
    Is this the first time that you have enrolled in the Apple upgrade program?
    09-12-2018 06:02 PM
    You love it anyway, pick a color for me >:
    I'm leaning towards the gold
    09-12-2018 06:11 PM
    Is this the first time that you have enrolled in the Apple upgrade program?
    Yes, for the last five iterations I’ve paid the cost vs doing the upgrade program. I figured hell I do this every year might as well enroll. My wife has done it now two years straight.
    09-12-2018 06:12 PM
    Yeah I'm planning to do my first watch this year. Been using the Fitbit charge series but the heart rhythm stuff on watch is really important to me due to some recent health stuff so I want it and Fitbit has been having some things go on lately that are turning me off.
    kataran likes this.
    09-12-2018 06:19 PM
    I'm leaning towards the gold
    Gold is ify for me, some videos look good of it and in some it looks brown
    09-12-2018 06:22 PM
112 1234 ...