rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Maybe because of the change in design. "Plus" name sticks to the 6/7/8 phones. "Max" starts a new design in a bigger size

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
If I do get the newer model, it will definitely be the XS model 64 gig in gold. As far as the Max version, being my hands now ache because of repetitive typing for 30 years, my days of having the larger Max model are over.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree with those of you that said Plus represents the older models. I don’t My the name change at all.

I don't mind the name but 256gb $2049AUD and 512gb $2369 here lol.

Yikes

If I do get the newer model, it will definitely be the XS model 64 gig in gold. As far as the Max version, being my hands now ache because of repetitive typing for 30 years, my days of having the larger Max model are over.

I totally understand that!!!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Seems they took the idea from Motorola, Droid Maxx (yes 2 xx's and all) but it was to imply their bigger battery at the time, and Apple has emphasized larger battery this time. Also since their is no new "Plus" phones they could have easily continued it. Still bad form given all the bashing other mfg's get at times for using similar names or styling or whatever.