How can I safely clean my phone?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have Whoosh in my Amazon cart, but have yet to purchase. The Bodyguardz cleaning solution I got for free from my Verizon store is good for now. The Oleophobic is holding up good so far with it. NO one else touches my iPhone anyways...LOL

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I guess this one has the coating? I see just wiping it but that’s not clean. ������ #germophobe

I guess you could purchased one of those Ultraviolet cleaning machines. I saw a couple different ones on Amazon.

Last edited:

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I have Whoosh in my Amazon cart, but have yet to purchase. The Bodyguardz cleaning solution I got for free from my Verizon store is good for now. The Oleophobic is holding up good so far with it. NO one else touches my iPhone anyways...LOL

I have used Bodyguardz glass screen protector for years. I didn’t know they made a cleaner. No nobody touches your phone but you touch other things and touch your phone. But like I said I’m a germaphobe.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Only time I remember cleaning my phone is after I get dirt or grease on it lol. Other than that I wipe it on my shirt/wet towel to get the finger prints off of it.
Also, by “cleaning” I mean wipe it down with a wet Norwex that has silver impregnated in it and kills germs. Not sure that’s really disinfecting, but a busy immune system is a happy immune system so I don’t really worry about too many germs.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have used Bodyguardz glass screen protector for years. I didn’t know they made a cleaner. No nobody touches your phone but you touch other things and touch your phone. But like I said I’m a germaphobe.

Humm, maybe a can of Lysol or Bleech...LOL (Only Kidding)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Another method for cleaning that has always intrigued me is something called [URL="https://www.amazon.com/PhoneSoap-Sanitizer-Universal-Patented-Clinically/dp/B071KGVLBB/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=phone+soap&qid=1576593888&sr=8-3%22&tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3182258]PhoneSoap[/URL], which is a UV Sanitizer. I've never tried it because it's rather pricey. I have seen occasional deals for it on Thrifter, but for a germaphobe, this may be what you're looking for.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Apple has a support page for this: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207123

For the iPhone X, Apple says:

Clean your iPhone immediately if it comes in contact with anything that might cause stains or other damage—for example, dirt or sand, ink, makeup, soap, detergent, acids or acidic foods, or lotions. Follow these guidelines:

• Unplug all cables and turn off your iPhone.
  • Use a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth—for example, a lens cloth.
  • Avoid getting moisture in openings.
  • Don’t use cleaning products or compressed air.

Your iPhone has a fingerprint-resistant oleophobic—oil repellent—coating. On iPhone 8 and later, the coating is on the front and back. This coating wears over time with normal use. Cleaning products and abrasive materials will further diminish the coating and might scratch your iPhone.

So, you can use whichever method you like - it's your iPhone - but I'd say to be aware of what Apple recommends. What's interesting is that this differs from the instructions for the iPhone 11 series of phones - those add the instruction, "If material is still present, use a soft, lint-free cloth with warm soapy water." It's interesting that warm, soapy water is ok with the iPhone 11 but not the XS, XR, X, 8, 7, etc. (and also interesting that they omit the comma between "warm" and "soapy", but maybe that's just me.)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2