Hello
    I just bought the XR 5 months ago
    I bought it brand new from apple
    I did not open the package until 4 weeks ago as i was using my old 6s plus
    I charged my xr during this 4 weeks 15 times only ... i was checking the battery health yesterday ,and found it dropped to 99%!!!
    So how come in 4 weeks only and only 15 charging cycle the battery drops to 99...
    I only charge it by original charger and the phone is closed while charging ...
    can someone explain plz
    Last edited by Shwesque; 10-02-2019 at 01:43 PM.
    09-27-2019 09:12 AM
    Welcome to iMore. Thats normal and nothing to be alarmed about. Feel free to join in on the different threads. Enjoy.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-27-2019 10:08 AM
    Yeah that’s normal same thing happened to my iPhone X.
    09-27-2019 04:50 PM
    Welcome to iMore

It’s normal but if your worried about battery health then update your XR to iOS 13.1.1 which comes with the Optimized Battery Charging feature to keep and help your battery last longer
    09-27-2019 06:15 PM
    Welcome to iMore

It’s normal but if your worried about battery health then update your XR to iOS 13.1.1 which comes with the Optimized Battery Charging feature to keep and help your battery last longer
    I am afraid to update
    I think the screen on time on the new update will mot be as good as the old version
    09-27-2019 07:14 PM
    Yeah that’s normal same thing happened to my iPhone X.
    My brother has the same xr and we bought them together and his phone is used more than mine and is still 100%!!!
    09-27-2019 07:15 PM
    My brother has the same xr and we bought them together and his phone is used more than mine and is still 100%!!!
    Just one or them things varies from phone to phone I guess but I’m not an expert. But the battery at this stage should be an absolute no concern.
    Shwesque likes this.
    09-27-2019 07:23 PM
    My family and I all got xr last november and they all have 99% or 100% and mine is at 94% maximum capacity.
    10-03-2019 11:44 PM
    My family and I all got xr last november and they all have 99% or 100% and mine is at 94% maximum capacity.
    Do you use it while charging ?
    10-05-2019 02:40 PM
    No, never have and about a month later it is now at 91%. It still says my batter is performing at optimal performance but it just seems like the percentage is dripping fast compared to everyone else in my family.
    11-13-2019 11:20 AM
    I use my 6s Plus while charging. It doesn't affect battery life any. It may slow down the charging some. This 6s Plus is one year old now, and is at 93% battery life. Battery usage and life will vary, depending on how it's used and other variables. Keep in mind, the big 3 battery users are Screen Brightness, Location Services, and Push notifications. So, keep your screen brightness down as low as you can, turn location off for as many apps as you can. Like Facebook, Twitter, and apps where it's not necessary. Also turn push notifications off for as many apps as you can, including Mail. If you get a push notification for every email that comes in, it's using battery. I use VIP for all important Mail I want notifications for. All else is turned off. I try to plug my phone in when doing anything battery intensive, like when updating apps, using my Superimpose app, playing certain games, and watching videos. When your phone is plugged in, it's not using your phone's battery. Also, turn Background App Refresh on for apps that need it. BAR helps apps run in the background more efficiently, using less resources. If you were not using the XR much, then it may have been push notifications using your battery. Once you set up your phone to minimize battery usage as much as you can, then forget about it. Enjoy your XR.
    kataran, Annie_8plus and TgeekB like this.
    11-14-2019 09:08 AM