I’m having a hard time deciding between Black and Product Red. All the iPhones I’ve owned have been a Black color because I like the fact that the screen blends in when watching media.

If I got the Product Red, I’d get a Tech21 Red case and a Product Red watch band. If I got the Black version, I’d just get the Black Tech21 case.

All the accessories I have (Bose SoundSport Free, Bose QC35 I, Bose QC30) are Black. If I suddenly got Red I feel like it would be disorienting to have products whose colors don’t match. However it would be a nice look!

For those of you who have the Product Red, is it distracting for media consumption versus the Black color?
    03-27-2019 06:14 PM
    All colors have black bezels on the screen. So it won’t effect that. I have a product red, my wife has a black. After seeing hers I wish black was an option when I got mine (sams only had red or yellow left for their Black Friday sale). Only thing I don’t like about my red is I feel kinda restricted on some case colors. Other than that I love the red, just wish I could’ve gotten black at times.
    03-27-2019 06:45 PM
    Both do look GOOD. For me every time I purchased a smartphone other that Black (Burgundy Blackberry 8330, White Blackberry Z10 & Gold Apple iPhone 5s), I couldn't wait to get back to BLACK.
    03-27-2019 07:05 PM
    Thank you for your replies. Tomorrow I will test both out at the  store near me and get an employee’s opinion as well.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    03-27-2019 07:12 PM
    I’m having a hard time deciding between Black and Product Red. All the iPhones I’ve owned have been a Black color because I like the fact that the screen blends in when watching media.

If I got the Product Red, I’d get a Tech21 Red case and a Product Red watch band. If I got the Black version, I’d just get the Black Tech21 case.

All the accessories I have (Bose SoundSport Free, Bose QC35 I, Bose QC30) are Black. If I suddenly got Red I feel like it would be disorienting to have products whose colors don’t match. However it would be a nice look!

For those of you who have the Product Red, is it distracting for media consumption versus the Black color?
    Get black, then skin it!

03-27-2019 08:48 PM
    Get black, then skin it!

[IMG=946x2048]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190328/f329d39e7f7c4d60595a9b9af6a36e2f.jpg[/url]
    Thanks, but I don’t like skins because I think they can peel off quickly. I’d have one case (Tech21) to start out with and then maybe a second one (Smart Battery Case).
    03-27-2019 08:50 PM
    Thanks, but I don’t like skins because I think they can peel off quickly. I’d have one case (Tech21) to start out with and then maybe a second one (Smart Battery Case).
    Skins hold up really well. I skin every one of my iPhones.
    03-27-2019 09:07 PM
    I always get black phones. My son has a red Xr and my daughter has a white Xr. They all look good. You’re going to have a case on it anyway.
    03-27-2019 09:28 PM
    I went with the Product RED version with a RED Spigen Thin Ftt case.. Love them both!
    nikkisharif likes this.
    03-28-2019 04:19 PM
    Actually it looks like later today I will be upgrading to the XS MAX 256 GB Space Gray on an AT&T Next agreement instead of the XR 256 GB Black on an AT&T Next Every Year agreement.

Thank you everyone for the advice!
    nikkisharif and pr1nce like this.
    04-05-2019 09:51 AM
    I've often debated this very question in my mind. I think the red is awesome!!! I just love the look of it! But I wonder if I would grow tired of it... because it wouldn't "go" with everything. Of course, putting another case on it would take care of that. There is something to be said for basic black too... that works with everything.
    Nonsenseinsd8 likes this.
    04-05-2019 10:14 AM
    I've often debated this very question in my mind. I think the red is awesome!!! I just love the look of it! But I wonder if I would grow tired of it... because it wouldn't "go" with everything. Of course, putting another case on it would take care of that. There is something to be said for basic black too... that works with everything.
    I’ve only owned black devices and all the accessories I have are black. Plus I find that the bezels blend in naturally when viewing media compared to a white or other color screen.
    Annie_8plus and pr1nce like this.
    04-05-2019 10:29 AM