Apple I'm coming home!

Goodeye

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
So I'm a bit of a phone nerd I'm not hardcore iOS or Android or even Windows Phone when it was a thing. Each have their pros and cons. The way I see it use what you like and works for you. However I always found myself drawn back to iOS. It's not as customizable (from the general sense) but there is just something about it.

So I traded in my paid off iPhone 7 last November for the OnePlus 6T. It's a great device and I have no problems with it but I miss iOS. My wife wants to move to Android. Well I'm swapping her for her iPhone 7 which is on the Apple Trade in Program with T-Mobile. So back to iOS I go.

Since the upgrade hits at the end of the month I'm going to trade it in for the iPhone XR in red. Only decision I can't decide is the space. For those who have the 64GB do you wish you had gone to the 128GB?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Welcome home! I have a 64GB and have no space issues. I take a lot of photos and I also have a lot of apps. I do use Google Photos, which backs up all of my photos, and I occasionally go through and remove photos off my iPhone.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Welcome back! As far as storage, I personally prefer the most storage I can get, however, with Apple’s prices I’m stuck at 64GB which is doable for me as long as I have everything stored in the cloud. It is what it is.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I swap phones too often to buy new with big storage, re sale not as good either, 100gb + of photos/videos in iCloud with my iMac as back up, so 64gb is fine for me.

McGyver98N

Feb 10, 2019
Visit site
Welcome back! I'm the same way, always had Blackberry's, Androids, Windows phones and iPhones. I just switched from a HTC U12 to the XR 64gb Red and couldn't be happier. I absolutely love it! One of the best iPhones I've ever had. The 64gig is great for me. I have tons of apps, pictures, music ECT and still tons of room. I back up often and with the new feature to snooze unused apps it's great.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Couldn’t go for the 64GB myself cause I have 30GB of music alone. Otherwise I probably would have gone with the cheapest.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a 64gb XR. I don’t have a lot of apps on my phone. I don’t keep music on my phone and pictures are stored on the cloud. 64 gb is fine for me.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome back, had the 7+ 128 gb, and didn't use more than 1/4 of it. the 64 gb has fit my needs without issue.

venkatg

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
After 2 years of running around between many Android phones like Note8/9, Pixel 2/3 XL, Mate 20 Pro and Oneplus 6/6T, I got an iPhone XR 2 days back in Red with 128 Gigs storage. Just love, how nice this phone is, especially with lots of critical comments by many Youtubers/tech-reviewers. For me I like this phone more than the X/XS because of the perfect size. I have no issues with the screen too. Love this phone more than the way I use to love my iPhone 7 Plus in early 2017.

nakialjohnson83

Jan 16, 2018
Visit site
So I'm a bit of a phone nerd I'm not hardcore iOS or Android or even Windows Phone when it was a thing. Each have their pros and cons. The way I see it use what you like and works for you. However I always found myself drawn back to iOS. It's not as customizable (from the general sense) but there is just something about it.

So I traded in my paid off iPhone 7 last November for the OnePlus 6T. It's a great device and I have no problems with it but I miss iOS. My wife wants to move to Android. Well I'm swapping her for her iPhone 7 which is on the Apple Trade in Program with T-Mobile. So back to iOS I go.

Since the upgrade hits at the end of the month I'm going to trade it in for the iPhone XR in red. Only decision I can't decide is the space. For those who have the 64GB do you wish you had gone to the 128GB?

I have the iPhone XR in blue 128GB first time going high on a GB

markm

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm similar and have had Blackberry, Android, various flavors of iPhone, and even Palm webOS, but I've been sticking with the iPhone for the past several generations. When I was on the iPhone 7, the base 32GB simply wasn't enough for me, but with the base of 64GB on my red XR, I've had no issues whatsoever. Of course, I'm not huge into photographs or videos and don't have a ton on music stored on the device. My room is mainly used by emails, messages, and apps.

Take a look at your current device and see how much room is taken up by the space hogs listed above. It likely won't match the iPhone storage, but should be in the right ballpark. If you're going to be close, I'd definitely go with the 128. You don't want to run out of room or have to take stuff off for a future iOS update, etc.

Rgds/Mark M.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Take a look at your current device and see how much room is taken up by the space hogs listed above. It likely won't match the iPhone storage, but should be in the right ballpark. If you're going to be close, I'd definitely go with the 128. You don't want to run out of room or have to take stuff off for a future iOS update, etc.

Rgds/Mark M.

This is awesome advice and if you follow it, you will know how much space you will need!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Everyone uses their devices differently and with that said, I suggest you buy as much as you can afford. I view it something like this, when I go to the gas station to get gas, I know a quarter tank of gas will get me to my destination, but if I fill up I don't have to monitor or manage my travels for a while. Deciding what goes or stays on my device isn't a thought, I have room/memory to spare and that's how I like to use my device. "It's better to have and not need, than to need and not have"

Last edited:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back op, you can’t go wrong with either storage option, I would get the 128gb over the 64gb more breathing room

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices