Apple I'm coming home!

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm actually doing the opposite way right now. After some months using both iPhone X and 6T I just made my decision. Sold my iPhone X yesterday and married myself with the 6T. I'm sure I won't have any regrets, since this is a great device. Hope you'll enjoy your new iPhone, as well.

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
I'm actually doing the opposite way right now. After some months using both iPhone X and 6T I just made my decision. Sold my iPhone X yesterday and married myself with the 6T. I'm sure I won't have any regrets, since this is a great device. Hope you'll enjoy your new iPhone, as well.

I have a 6T as well, great phone!

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I use both operating systems both with phones and the laptops easy has its own uses for me. With Apple everything just works very little hiccups but android has a friendlier ecosystem for me.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
So I'm a bit of a phone nerd I'm not hardcore iOS or Android or even Windows Phone when it was a thing. Each have their pros and cons. The way I see it use what you like and works for you. However I always found myself drawn back to iOS. It's not as customizable (from the general sense) but there is just something about it.

So I traded in my paid off iPhone 7 last November for the OnePlus 6T. It's a great device and I have no problems with it but I miss iOS. My wife wants to move to Android. Well I'm swapping her for her iPhone 7 which is on the Apple Trade in Program with T-Mobile. So back to iOS I go.

Since the upgrade hits at the end of the month I'm going to trade it in for the iPhone XR in red. Only decision I can't decide is the space. For those who have the 64GB do you wish you had gone to the 128GB?

For $50 more if you were going to keep that phone for a while I would go with the 128 gig. That’s not a lot more money for twice the storage and if you plan on keeping the phone for a while it would be good to have a little bit higher storage capacity.

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I just came back after a couple years. I switched providers. Actually switched all Home Services to Bell and brought 3 cell phone lines over. Got 3 XRs for $0 and Bell matched my older Rogers plan and took off an extra $25/month. Came from an S9 Plus and this is virtually the same screen size but so much better in the hand with the smaller form factor.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Well it took a lot longer than I expected. However as of this week I’m back on iPhone. Picked up the Red 64GB XR.

2 days ago I actually traded my iPhone XS Max I’ve had since launch day for a brand new 128gb Xr. The only regret I have is not getting this phone from the start. I absolutely love this phone.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The size and the battery life so far. So much easier of a phone to use. Max to me was always so big and clunky I was always afraid it would slip out of my had when trying to use it one handed.

Thanks! I'm using an 8 Plus, and if I were going to switch, I would have guessed I'd go with the XS Max, but the more I hear about the XR makes me wonder! :D I'm not going to be switching for a while, but it's always interesting to know what people's experiences and impressions are!

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! I'm using an 8 Plus, and if I were going to switch, I would have guessed I'd go with the XS Max, but the more I hear about the XR makes me wonder! :D I'm not going to be switching for a while, but it's always interesting to know what people's experiences and impressions are!

I’ve always been a phone addict buying 4 to 5 phones a year. The max I had was the phone I’ve had the longest probably ever. Unless the new Xr has something ground breaking to offer I’m going to try and stick with this one for awhile. I also find it amazing how good this screen is for being lcd. When I put it next to the Max you really had to nit pick to tell the difference.

duckduckgoose

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site

I don’t think the camera is as good on the XR as it was on my 8+. Especially when trying to zoom in on far away objects.
The battery life has really got me sold though! I doubt I have ever had less than 50% after a day of heavy use! I wonder if I could go two full days or if it’s like my gas gauge on my car it drops precipitously on the second half of the meter?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I don’t think the camera is as good on the XR as it was on my 8+. Especially when trying to zoom in on far away objects.
The battery life has really got me sold though! I doubt I have ever had less than 50% after a day of heavy use! I wonder if I could go two full days or if it’s like my gas gauge on my car it drops precipitously on the second half of the meter?

The quality of the camera would be and is a consideration for me!

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site

I never really use zoom on my phones camera only cause it’s never as good as on an actual camera, that being said the 2x zoom you lose because of only having one camera is definitely a consideration but if your taking a picture side my side without zoom the quality is as good as any other iPhone out mainly because this years all use the same sensor for the one camera lol imo.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I never really use zoom on my phones camera only cause it’s never as good as on an actual camera, that being said the 2x zoom you lose because of only having one camera is definitely a consideration but if your taking a picture side my side without zoom the quality is as good as any other iPhone out mainly because this years all use the same sensor for the one camera lol imo.

I agree with this!

zombiecupcake

Dec 16, 2016
Visit site
I keep all my photos and memes on my phone and already I've taken more than 64g of my 128g xr. I'm kind of a data hoarder. If you're not using it for a ton of media you're good with the smallest :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods