Hey there guys, I’ve been thinking of buying my 2 girls an Xr each, they currently both have a 5s.

Question is, what is the Xr like for teens? As we all know they use the camera a lot and teens use social networks etc a lot more than other ages. One of my daughters likes to use that “TikTok” app and her 5S gets a bit warm with the use and her screen has a little burn on the top left side.

Is there another iPhone that would suit better, maybe it’s tougher against drops etc with the Xr being all glass like the X and XS.

Thanks
    02-06-2019 06:03 AM
    The Xr should be just fine. The cameras are good and battery life is great so they shouldn't be nagging you about where's the charger lol.
    mark233 likes this.
    02-06-2019 07:46 AM
    Hello and welcome to iMore! It's nice to have you here!

In regards to your question, I think this would be an awesome choice for them. As far as for drop protection, a good case should help out there! I have twin nieces, who are seniors in high school. They persist in putting their phones in the back pocket of their jeans. One is more careful than the other. The other one has had her phone fall in the toilet a couple of times. So, you might want to consider Apple Care for their phones as well.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-06-2019 08:08 AM
    Just get them the 256gb so you don't have to deal with managing their storage, that's what i do for my teen daughter and wife, i can live with 64gb and iCloud.
    02-06-2019 05:54 PM
    The XR will be fine, it’s a pretty significant upgrade to the 5S. As others have said, AppleCare and a case wouldn’t hurt for protection.
    02-06-2019 06:12 PM
    Awesome response guys, thanks for your input I’ll make sure they get decent cases for them
    Just_Me_D and libra89 like this.
    02-06-2019 06:23 PM