I can swap a year old 8 256 gb Silver for a brand new XR 64gb Silver, for a extra $20 after selling the 8. Seems like a no brainer except for size and back to a 64gb, which i had on my XS max, which was ok as i use iCloud.

Thoughts?
    01-21-2019 05:40 PM
    I can swap a year old 8 256 gb Silver for a brand new XR 64gb Silver, for a extra $20 after selling the 8. Seems like a no brainer except for size and back to a 64gb, which i had on my XS max, which was ok as i use iCloud.

Thoughts?
    I personally love my Xr. Got a heck of a deal on mine though and only have about $250 out of pocket for it after selling my old 6+, and after getting a $300 sams club card for upgrading. The screen is just fine to me. I know you got rid of your max because of service though and don't know that they have quite gotten it figured out even on the Xr yet so that may be a problem for you.
    01-21-2019 06:48 PM

Thoughts?
    Go for it...
    01-21-2019 06:58 PM
    I personally love my Xr. Got a heck of a deal on mine though and only have about $250 out of pocket for it after selling my old 6+, and after getting a $300 sams club card for upgrading. The screen is just fine to me. I know you got rid of your max because of service though and don't know that they have quite gotten it figured out even on the Xr yet so that may be a problem for you.
    This one is brand new and retail is $1229, getting it for $700AUD. I can try it for a week if no good can flip it anyway.
    From searching around here in Australia no complaints with service on the Xr all seem to be with the XS and Max.
    01-21-2019 09:25 PM
    This one is brand new and retail is $1229, getting it for $700AUD. I can try it for a week if no good can flip it anyway.
    From searching around here no complaints with service on the Xr all seem to be with the XS and Max.
    Only reason I mentioned the service is I have noticed a little difference in call quality with my Xr than my 6 plus. I just to just have a split second drop in a few places, but now I'm more like a longish pause. Not a huge deal and still don't have lot of dropped calls. I think it's more of a cell tower hand off issue with Verizon, so since your in Australia it may not even be a problem for you.
    Cladster likes this.
    01-21-2019 09:28 PM
    Got it this arvo, calls seem good clearer than the 8 probably the stereo speakers, and white is white not murky like the 8.

What's a good case.
    01-22-2019 03:48 AM
    Got it this arvo, calls seem good clearer than the 8 probably the stereo speakers, and white is white not murky like the 8.

What's a good case.
    That I cant help you out with lol. I'm still searching myself. I have a defender and a commuter on the way. Not as big of a fan of the encased (cheaper thinner case with a clip) as I thought I would be.
    01-22-2019 05:43 AM
    That I cant help you out with lol. I'm still searching myself. I have a defender and a commuter on the way. Not as big of a fan of the encased (cheaper thinner case with a clip) as I thought I would be.
    I had a symmetry for my max i might get it, seems to be about as thin as you can get with good protection. If not the Caudabe Lucid clear but protection would be not as good. Pretty much tried all the good brands for my Max.
    Was using the Mujjo leather on the 8 but its not a good fit, squishy on the sides.
    Tpence2177 likes this.
    01-22-2019 02:54 PM
    I had a symmetry for my max i might get it, seems to be about as thin as you can get with good protection. If not the Caudabe Lucid clear but protection would be not as good. Pretty much tried all the good brands for my Max.
    Was using the Mujjo leather on the 8 but its not a good fit, squishy on the sides.
    I always try a "thin" case and then go back to either a defender, or a lifeproof. I'm hoping the commuter will be a good compromise for me during the week in scrubs then my defender when I need to use a belt clip.
    01-22-2019 03:01 PM
    Sounds like a good deal to me. I recently went from a 7 Plus 128, to a XR 128. I paid 650 for the XR, and then sold my 7 Plus for 350 and was then only out 300.
    01-22-2019 03:08 PM
    I always try a "thin" case and then go back to either a defender, or a lifeproof. I'm hoping the commuter will be a good compromise for me during the week in scrubs then my defender when I need to use a belt clip.
    Have a Mujjo arriving tomorrow see what it's like hopefully improved since the 8.

Are the lifeproof screen covers really bad?
    01-22-2019 11:14 PM
    Double
    01-22-2019 11:24 PM
    Have a Mujjo arriving tomorrow see what it's like hopefully improved since the 8.

Are the lifeproof screen covers really bad?
    I'll me able to let you know this summer. I plan on having one just haven't found a good deal on one yet. (Only paid $20 for my brand new defender when I got it, and $23 on my commuter) if nothing pops up reasonably cheap on a lifeproof before summer I'll still buy one. Around too much water and dirt and dust in the summer and would rather not test the water resistant rating already lol.
    01-23-2019 05:40 AM
    Still rocking my XR, using the Nomad rugged black case now after trying a few others. Also picked up a XR for my wife to and the Nomad rugged folio in rustic brown.
    Great value phones and cases.
    Tpence2177, pr1nce and taz323 like this.
    04-12-2019 11:37 PM
    It sounds like a good deal. I’d go for it!
    04-13-2019 01:25 PM