Week old XR won't turn on

Redx

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
My wife's week old XR won't turn on all of a sudden. She was charging it with the lightning cable and after taking it off, it's off and won't turn back on. Plugging into charger again and it doesn't respond.

Any help before she just goes back to Verizon tomorrow

Redx

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
So plugging into charger did nothing. Holding down volume down and side button like you're supposed to do did nothing. Was on hold with Verizon and just tried holding all 3 buttons.... It turned on. Will see if it'll stay running

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So plugging into charger did nothing. Holding down volume down and side button like you're supposed to do did nothing. Was on hold with Verizon and just tried holding all 3 buttons.... It turned on. Will see if it'll stay running

It should stay turned on for you. It was probably a glitch and not anything to be concerned about.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I know with my 7 I had a couple times where it seemed to lock with the screen off. I remember only a couple time where it did it, and messing around with it kinda randomly got it to come back on. Was probably just a glitch like in your case or something had the CPU pegged for a moment and it couldnt respond. Just watch it and see if it does it again. I dont think Id worry too much right now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711