iPhone Xr battery life questions

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone. I currently have the iPhone 7 Plus. I got it in September 2017. I might be getting the Xr 256 GB or 128 GB Black in the next couple of weeks. I was originally thinking about getting the Xs or Xs Max but they are much too expensive for me. They are almost the price of my $1300 2015 13” MacBook Pro with Retina display 128 GB!

I do not mind switching to a non-1080p display. I tested out the Xr at my local  store and it is a much better phone than I thought it would be.

For those of you who own a Xr, does the battery easily last a day? My 7 Plus can last a day with some settings disabled and with all the setting enabled it lasts less than a day.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone. I currently have the iPhone 7 Plus. I got it in September 2017. I might be getting the Xr 256 GB or 128 GB Black in the next couple of weeks. I was originally thinking about getting the Xs or Xs Max but they are much too expensive for me. They are almost the price of my $1300 2015 13” MacBook Pro with Retina display 128 GB!

I do not mind switching to a non-1080p display. I tested out the Xr at my local  store and it is a much better phone than I thought it would be.

For those of you who own a Xr, does the battery easily last a day? My 7 Plus can last a day with some settings disabled and with all the setting enabled it lasts less than a day.

This is not a typical day for me since I've had the phone but is more typical of how I used my 6 plus. Almost exactly 12 hours and I'm still at 74% is amazing to me. I could easily go 2+ days. Other days were super heavy usage for me (recovering from a surgery and just got the phone so playing games and using it a ton) but even on days where I spent an hour or two on fortnite/ several hours on the forums and just general use I still only managed to get it in the 30% range. So it has very good battery life if you ask me.

3bb58719f4d7eff6471ffc1bf3c6f9de.jpg

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
This is not a typical day for me since I've had the phone but is more typical of how I used my 6 plus. Almost exactly 12 hours and I'm still at 74% is amazing to me. I could easily go 2+ days. Other days were super heavy usage for me (recovering from a surgery and just got the phone so playing games and using it a ton) but even on days where I spent an hour or two on fortnite/ several hours on the forums and just general use I still only managed to get it in the 30% range. So it has very good battery life if you ask me.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181120/3bb58719f4d7eff6471ffc1bf3c6f9de.jpg

Wow, that’s very impressive! I have to turn off some settings to get better battery life. My battery health on my 7 Plus is still at 100%, however on iOS 12 battery life has been much worse than on iOS 11 and iOS 10.3.3. In fact as I’m typing this now my battery dropped two percent since going off the charger almost an hour ago.

Will In SF

Oct 30, 2018
Visit site
My battery life has be exemplary! The only days I have gotten under 30% is after using my XR all day outdoors and with weaker signal on vacation on the Big Island of Hawaii where T Mobile coverage is just OK.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
The XR definitely lasts all day easily. I had two instances where mine slid off the wireless charger overnight and it still had 54% and 61% battery the next morning. I've played hours of Pokemon Go over the weekends and ended up with still more than 50% juice left over after returning home. Not shabby at all, if you ask me.

jonny247

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
XR's battery life is usually less than a day, but if you use it regularly, it's about 5 hours

That’s bollix a use mine constant wen 1st got it all day and lasted me day and a half and the xr has the best battery out of all iPhones apple and loads of people have even Said this it’s coz the battery size and kind a screen it has on it
So I think this guy has faked battery results

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711