You read that right.
    Sold my Xs max and bought a yellow xr. I like the size better and actually think the camera is better !
    I think I might return the yellow for the black or white though.
    11-13-2018 06:43 PM
    Welcome aboard! I have a Red and love it! I don't think I would like the max as the 6 plus was starting to feel too big to me after several years of usage.
    metalchick719 and RobertP1 like this.
    11-13-2018 06:50 PM
    I like the red as well I just feel like I will get sick of any color as long as it’s not white or black haha.
    11-13-2018 06:50 PM
    I like the red as well I just feel like I will get sick of any color as long as it’s not white or black haha.
    Yeah I went wanting black but all that was available was red white or yellow so I stuck with red because it was my second pick.
    11-13-2018 07:03 PM
    Welcome! I have a yellow too. Happy with my choice so far.
    11-13-2018 07:25 PM
    You read that right.
    Sold my Xs max and bought a yellow xr. I like the size better and actually think the camera is better !
    I had the coral, coming from an X and felt like I should have just gotten black. The color is awesome but after a while it's too much and doesn't match with any cases. I ended up selling it and went back to my X.

I totally agree with you, the size is amazing and the camera is way better than the XS, especially the portrait mode! I am trying to find a good deal on an XS but the more I think about it, it's really no different than my X.

Maybe if i find an awesome deal on an XR I'll do it, but the main issue I had was no 3D touch and felt like I was going backwards in tech with an LCD display.
    11-13-2018 08:10 PM
    The display doesn’t really bother me. In fact , I feel like it’s better on my eyes. I really enjoy the feel in the hand and the camera though in comparison to the max.
    11-13-2018 10:32 PM
    The display doesn’t really bother me. In fact , I feel like it’s better on my eyes. I really enjoy the feel in the hand and the camera though in comparison to the max.
    Same here. I haven't had an OLED screen in several years but the lcd on here doesn't bother me at all on the Xr.
    11-13-2018 11:02 PM
    Congrats! I hope you enjoy the Xr! It's a really cool phone. I'm a fan of the colors, and even the single lens.
    mumfoau likes this.
    11-14-2018 01:56 PM
    Had the XS Max. Great device. But then I switched back to Android for the LG V40 then got the Razer Phone 2, then got the one plus 6T. And like clockwork I’m back in the iPhone.

I decided I didn’t want the XS Max as I had it already and wanted something a tad smaller. XS was to small and price was to much for that. Opted to try the XR. I actually like it so far. I like the screen and build. And of course price. What’s not to like about the price. Hopefully I continue to enjoy it at least for a few months. I need to stop switching. Lol.
    libra89 and nikkisharif like this.
    11-14-2018 02:20 PM
    You read that right.
    Congratulations on getting your new iPhone XR...
    11-14-2018 03:30 PM
    Had the XS Max. Great device. But then I switched back to Android for the LG V40 then got the Razer Phone 2, then got the one plus 6T. And like clockwork I’m back in the iPhone.

I decided I didn’t want the XS Max as I had it already and wanted something a tad smaller. XS was to small and price was to much for that. Opted to try the XR. I actually like it so far. I like the screen and build. And of course price. What’s not to like about the price. Hopefully I continue to enjoy it at least for a few months. I need to stop switching. Lol.
    Nice and congrats! What color is yours?
    areyes163 likes this.
    11-14-2018 04:07 PM
    Nice and congrats! What color is yours?
    Got the black. Was thinking of the blue but at the last second I chickened out. Lol
    libra89 likes this.
    11-14-2018 04:16 PM

Some things never change! Haha J/K! That's quite a lot of Androids to sift through. I have finally stopped torturing myself with the whole Android curiously and back to ios in a jiffy. It's a waste of money and extremely tiring.

I'll ask you just like I have everyone else who has moved from OLED display devices to the XR....what are your thoughts on the LCD screen? That was my main compromise that swayed me back to my X, but like you said the X is just too small. The XR is the perfect in between to the X and Max. I felt like the most noticeable thing was the black text isn't very sharp like on OLED.
    11-14-2018 04:18 PM
    Got the black. Was thinking of the blue but at the last second I chickened out. Lol
    I liked the blue to if it was an option when I got mine I would've been ok with it, if it was JUST a little darker.
    11-14-2018 04:19 PM
    Some things never change! Haha J/K! That's quite a lot of Androids to sift through. I have finally stopped torturing myself with the whole Android curiously and back to ios in a jiffy. It's a waste of money and extremely tiring.

I'll ask you just like I have everyone else who has moved from OLED display devices to the XR....what are your thoughts on the LCD screen? That was my main compromise that swayed me back to my X, but like you said the X is just too small. The XR is the perfect in between to the X and Max. I felt like the most noticeable thing was the black text isn't very sharp like on OLED.
    I don’t personally have a problem with it. Colors are not a bright as the OLED but I have no issues with it. My eyes aren’t the best though. Lol. To me it looks pretty much the same. I finally sat down and really looked at what I use my phone for. And for what I need the XR fits nicely. I’m not a huge gamer. I don’t take a ton of photos. I mainly read news/books, forums and text, gotta stay up on my memes. That’s about it really. I use my iPad Pro for everything else.
    11-14-2018 04:24 PM
    I don’t personally have a problem with it. Colors are not a bright as the OLED but I have no issues with it. My eyes aren’t the best though. Lol. To me it looks pretty much the same. I finally sat down and really looked at what I use my phone for. And for what I need the XR fits nicely. I’m not a huge gamer. I don’t take a ton of photos. I mainly read news/books, forums and text, gotta stay up on my memes. That’s about it really. I use my iPad Pro for everything else.
    Yeah, I hear ya. I'm the same but hey I am a pure techy and feel like I went backwards in tech (just regarding the screen) on the XR. Camera I feel is better than the XS, which makes the decision so hard for me. I'm not upgrading my X to the XS either, not worth that price difference.
    11-14-2018 04:26 PM
    Yeah, I hear ya. I'm the same but hey I am a pure techy and feel like I went backwards in tech (just regarding the screen) on the XR. Camera I feel is better than the XS, which makes the decision so hard for me. I'm not upgrading my X to the XS either, not worth that price difference.
    I get it trust me. I switch devices constantly. But I really need to stop. I’ve had 7 phones in 3 months. I need to hold onto the XR for a minute and cool off lol. Took a few pictures of my daughters and they came out good. Good for my needs anyways.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-14-2018 04:29 PM
    I get it trust me. I switch devices constantly. But I really need to stop. I’ve had 7 phones in 3 months. I need to hold onto the XR for a minute and cool off lol. Took a few pictures of my daughters and they came out good. Good for my needs anyways.
    Hey it's better than gambling or doing drugs.

Enjoy it. Btw, do you miss the max at all??
    areyes163 and bgl321 like this.
    11-14-2018 04:31 PM
    Hey it's better than gambling or doing drugs.

Enjoy it. Btw, do you miss the max at all??
    That’s what I tell my wife lol .

Not at all. I don’t miss the Max. Besides the screen and minor camera difference the phones are the same to me. And since the screen on the XR looks close to me I don’t see the need for the Max in my case. I’m more about use and feel in hand. I can easily reach the entire phone one handed with the XR. I could reach on the Max but it was a stretch. It’s more comfortable now. I
    libra89 likes this.
    11-14-2018 04:36 PM
    That’s what I tell my wife lol .

Not at all. I don’t miss the Max. Besides the screen and minor camera difference the phones are the same to me. And since the screen on the XR looks close to me I don’t see the need for the Max in my case. I’m more about use and feel in hand. I can easily reach the entire phone one handed with the XR. I could reach on the Max but it was a stretch. It’s more comfortable now. I
    Yeah the max is just insanely large ha. I may try the XR out again and give it a fair shot. My X is in great condition though, but I have that itch to get something new
    areyes163 likes this.
    11-14-2018 04:38 PM
    I'm thinking about switching my XS Max for an iPhone Xr. I'm not sure about it though because I'm afraid that when I go back out to the mountains, I'd miss the telephoto lens. But most of the time, I don't need it.
    11-14-2018 07:56 PM
    I'm thinking about switching my XS Max for an iPhone Xr. I'm not sure about it though because I'm afraid that when I go back out to the mountains, I'd miss the telephoto lens. But most of the time, I don't need it.
    Give it a whirl. Or go play with one. Don’t see the need to pay a ton of money for something I’ll use maybe a handful of times anymore. And honestly I don’t miss the screen on the Max. The XR has been going strong. I thought before playing with it the build would be cheap or the screen was horrible based on reading people cry over it. But in person the screen is actually quite nice for my needs I don’t see the fuss about it. Best of luck in your choice. Let me know what you decide.
    11-14-2018 08:32 PM
    Give it a whirl. Or go play with one. Don’t see the need to pay a ton of money for something I’ll use maybe a handful of times anymore. And honestly I don’t miss the screen on the Max. The XR has been going strong. I thought before playing with it the build would be cheap or the screen was horrible based on reading people cry over it. But in person the screen is actually quite nice for my needs I don’t see the fuss about it. Best of luck in your choice. Let me know what you decide.
    Agreed to me the build quality is easily on par with the 8/8+. Screen is just fine in my opinion coming from a 6 plus it looks just as nice to me even though it's a lower pixel density.
    libra89 and areyes163 like this.
    11-14-2018 08:36 PM
    You read that right.
    I did the same thing and wouldn’t look back the XR is the perfect size device for me and the price is also right.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-14-2018 08:55 PM
69 123