Switched from an XS max

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I read that it’s less of a problem than it was when first offered. Still expensive compared to lcd though.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Had the XS Max. Great device. But then I switched back to Android for the LG V40 then got the Razer Phone 2, then got the one plus 6T. And like clockwork I’m back in the iPhone.

I decided I didn’t want the XS Max as I had it already and wanted something a tad smaller. XS was to small and price was to much for that. Opted to try the XR. I actually like it so far. I like the screen and build. And of course price. What’s not to like about the price. Hopefully I continue to enjoy it at least for a few months. I need to stop switching. Lol.

What caused you to switch back to iOS after that collection of Android devices?

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
You read that right.
Sold my Xs max and bought a yellow xr. I like the size better and actually think the camera is better !
I think I might return the yellow for the black or white though.

Me too! I switched from the Max to the Red XR and love the size,battery, and color.. and the Green that is sitting in my wallet

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Not at all.. Unless they are literally right next to each other, you can't tell the difference. I also find the XR screen to be a little easier on my eyes.. The only thing that I miss is 3D touch.. I did use that a lot

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
For those of you that were using the XS or the XS Max: How is the cellular and Wifi performance on the XR compared to the XS? I ask because I haven't seen as many complaints about the LTE and WiFi performance on the XR like I have on the XS. My Wifi is fine, but what I can't stand is the bad cellular data performance. Places where my X was fine, I just get bad signal in now.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
For those of you that were using the XS or the XS Max: How is the cellular and Wifi performance on the XR compared to the XS? I ask because I haven't seen as many complaints about the LTE and WiFi performance on the XR like I have on the XS. My Wifi is fine, but what I can't stand is the bad cellular data performance. Places where my X was fine, I just get bad signal in now.

Have you tried resetting your network settings? I did that a few weeks ago & both my X & XS work in the same areas. Haven’t had any issues since.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Have you tried resetting your network settings? I did that a few weeks ago & both my X & XS work in the same areas. Haven’t had any issues since.
Yeah did that knowing I’d lose all my saved WiFi passwords in keychain and thought it was worth the risk, but nope, didn’t work.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah did that knowing I’d lose all my saved WiFi passwords in keychain and thought it was worth the risk, but nope, didn’t work.

Hmmmm...that’s interesting. Hopefully they’ll come up with a fix soon. I also haven’t heard of these same issues with the XR. I wonder if it has to do with the date it was produced. I got the XS after the XR was released.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Hmmmm...that’s interesting. Hopefully they’ll come up with a fix soon. I also haven’t heard of these same issues with the XR. I wonder if it has to do with the date it was produced. I got the XS after the XR was released.
I don't know but my gut says that these Intel chips are the culprit. It's a shame Apple and Qualcomm won't do business anymore.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I had better reception on the XS Max than I do on the XR. The XSes have more antennas (4x4 MIMO on the XSes vs 2x2 MIMO on the XR). I'm actually thinking about returning the XR because it has the weaker antennas. I'm not really all that impressed with any of the iPhone models that came out this year, TBH.

nakialjohnson83

Jan 16, 2018
Visit site
I get it trust me. I switch devices constantly. But I really need to stop. I’ve had 7 phones in 3 months. I need to hold onto the XR for a minute and cool off lol. Took a few pictures of my daughters and they came out good. Good for my needs anyways.

I know how you feel because I kept going back and forth myself it does get very tiring and expensive at the same time

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW