Switched from an XS max

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
That’s what I tell my wife lol .

Not at all. I don’t miss the Max. Besides the screen and minor camera difference the phones are the same to me. And since the screen on the XR looks close to me I don’t see the need for the Max in my case. I’m more about use and feel in hand. I can easily reach the entire phone one handed with the XR. I could reach on the Max but it was a stretch. It’s more comfortable now. I

Yeah the max is just insanely large ha. I may try the XR out again and give it a fair shot. My X is in great condition though, but I have that itch to get something new

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I'm thinking about switching my XS Max for an iPhone Xr. I'm not sure about it though because I'm afraid that when I go back out to the mountains, I'd miss the telephoto lens. But most of the time, I don't need it.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about switching my XS Max for an iPhone Xr. I'm not sure about it though because I'm afraid that when I go back out to the mountains, I'd miss the telephoto lens. But most of the time, I don't need it.

Give it a whirl. Or go play with one. Don’t see the need to pay a ton of money for something I’ll use maybe a handful of times anymore. And honestly I don’t miss the screen on the Max. The XR has been going strong. I thought before playing with it the build would be cheap or the screen was horrible based on reading people cry over it. But in person the screen is actually quite nice for my needs I don’t see the fuss about it. Best of luck in your choice. Let me know what you decide.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Give it a whirl. Or go play with one. Don’t see the need to pay a ton of money for something I’ll use maybe a handful of times anymore. And honestly I don’t miss the screen on the Max. The XR has been going strong. I thought before playing with it the build would be cheap or the screen was horrible based on reading people cry over it. But in person the screen is actually quite nice for my needs I don’t see the fuss about it. Best of luck in your choice. Let me know what you decide.

Agreed to me the build quality is easily on par with the 8/8+. Screen is just fine in my opinion coming from a 6 plus it looks just as nice to me even though it's a lower pixel density.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
You read that right.
Sold my Xs max and bought a yellow xr. I like the size better and actually think the camera is better !
I think I might return the yellow for the black or white though.

I did the same thing and wouldn’t look back the XR is the perfect size device for me and the price is also right.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I've played with it before and it's fine. There's no reason to fuss over the display. MKBHD pointed that out yesterday in his review. The single camera won't bother me either because my Pixel 3 XL has only one camera and it's amazing.

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Some things never change! Haha J/K! That's quite a lot of Androids to sift through. I have finally stopped torturing myself with the whole Android curiously and back to ios in a jiffy. It's a waste of money and extremely tiring.

I'll ask you just like I have everyone else who has moved from OLED display devices to the XR....what are your thoughts on the LCD screen? That was my main compromise that swayed me back to my X, but like you said the X is just too small. The XR is the perfect in between to the X and Max. I felt like the most noticeable thing was the black text isn't very sharp like on OLED.

Coming from a X, when there’s scenes on the screen with black, it’s noticeable, but outside of that, I think the screen is great. Text sometimes isn’t as crisp as on an oled, but they’re good enough that I don’t mind.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
If it wasnt for the missing 3D Touch and the ability to do portrait with objects as well as people, I could probably deal with the XR. Having the one less gig of RAM would annoy me too, however that probably would only be noticed when Im thinking about it. Otherwise I doubt it would be too noticeable. I use 3D Touch all the time and would get quite annoyed not having it. Ive read/heard in more than one place that there is a rumor going around that the next iPhones wont have 3D Touch at all. If that happens, I guess Ill have to get used to it, until then though Im going to keep using it. As for the portrait mode, I take pictures objects, and my pets, far more than I do of people. Having the telephoto lens is really nice for shots of scenery as well.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
If it wasnt for the missing 3D Touch and the ability to do portrait with objects as well as people, I could probably deal with the XR. Having the one less gig of RAM would annoy me too, however that probably would only be noticed when Im thinking about it. Otherwise I doubt it would be too noticeable. I use 3D Touch all the time and would get quite annoyed not having it. Ive read/heard in more than one place that there is a rumor going around that the next iPhones wont have 3D Touch at all. If that happens, I guess Ill have to get used to it, until then though Im going to keep using it. As for the portrait mode, I take pictures objects, and my pets, far more than I do of people. Having the telephoto lens is really nice for shots of scenery as well.

I've never had a phone with 3d touch so I guess I won't know what I'm missing there, I did read that there are apps that now have portrait mode for the Xr on objects and animals too now I may buy it but I'm not sure never had a phone with portrait mode either lol.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping it comes to Gboard as well. Odd thing is that the 3D touch on the Gboard works fine on my X

I really loved gboard on Android, I've tried it a few times on iOS but I love how swift looks very close to stock. Since I used the stock for so long I guess I want stock looks but still having swipe capabilities.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I really loved gboard on Android, I've tried it a few times on iOS but I love how swift looks very close to stock. Since I used the stock for so long I guess I want stock looks but still having swipe capabilities.

Never tried Swiftkey for iOS. I've been using Gboard on my iPhone since it came out. I never use the stock keyboard

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW