Switched from an XS max

manni1to

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
You read that right.
Sold my Xs max and bought a yellow xr. I like the size better and actually think the camera is better !
I think I might return the yellow for the black or white though.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Welcome aboard! I have a Red and love it! I don't think I would like the max as the 6 plus was starting to feel too big to me after several years of usage.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
You read that right.
Sold my Xs max and bought a yellow xr. I like the size better and actually think the camera is better !

I had the coral, coming from an X and felt like I should have just gotten black. The color is awesome but after a while it's too much and doesn't match with any cases. I ended up selling it and went back to my X.

I totally agree with you, the size is amazing and the camera is way better than the XS, especially the portrait mode! I am trying to find a good deal on an XS but the more I think about it, it's really no different than my X.

Maybe if i find an awesome deal on an XR I'll do it, but the main issue I had was no 3D touch and felt like I was going backwards in tech with an LCD display.

manni1to

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
The display doesn’t really bother me. In fact , I feel like it’s better on my eyes. I really enjoy the feel in the hand and the camera though in comparison to the max.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
The display doesn’t really bother me. In fact , I feel like it’s better on my eyes. I really enjoy the feel in the hand and the camera though in comparison to the max.

Same here. I haven't had an OLED screen in several years but the lcd on here doesn't bother me at all on the Xr.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Congrats! I hope you enjoy the Xr! It's a really cool phone. I'm a fan of the colors, and even the single lens.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Had the XS Max. Great device. But then I switched back to Android for the LG V40 then got the Razer Phone 2, then got the one plus 6T. And like clockwork I’m back in the iPhone.

I decided I didn’t want the XS Max as I had it already and wanted something a tad smaller. XS was to small and price was to much for that. Opted to try the XR. I actually like it so far. I like the screen and build. And of course price. What’s not to like about the price. Hopefully I continue to enjoy it at least for a few months. I need to stop switching. Lol.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You read that right.

Congratulations on getting your new iPhone XR...

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Had the XS Max. Great device. But then I switched back to Android for the LG V40 then got the Razer Phone 2, then got the one plus 6T. And like clockwork I’m back in the iPhone.

I decided I didn’t want the XS Max as I had it already and wanted something a tad smaller. XS was to small and price was to much for that. Opted to try the XR. I actually like it so far. I like the screen and build. And of course price. What’s not to like about the price. Hopefully I continue to enjoy it at least for a few months. I need to stop switching. Lol.

Nice and congrats! What color is yours?

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site

Some things never change! Haha J/K! That's quite a lot of Androids to sift through. I have finally stopped torturing myself with the whole Android curiously and back to ios in a jiffy. It's a waste of money and extremely tiring.

I'll ask you just like I have everyone else who has moved from OLED display devices to the XR....what are your thoughts on the LCD screen? That was my main compromise that swayed me back to my X, but like you said the X is just too small. The XR is the perfect in between to the X and Max. I felt like the most noticeable thing was the black text isn't very sharp like on OLED.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Some things never change! Haha J/K! That's quite a lot of Androids to sift through. I have finally stopped torturing myself with the whole Android curiously and back to ios in a jiffy. It's a waste of money and extremely tiring.

I'll ask you just like I have everyone else who has moved from OLED display devices to the XR....what are your thoughts on the LCD screen? That was my main compromise that swayed me back to my X, but like you said the X is just too small. The XR is the perfect in between to the X and Max. I felt like the most noticeable thing was the black text isn't very sharp like on OLED.

I don’t personally have a problem with it. Colors are not a bright as the OLED but I have no issues with it. My eyes aren’t the best though. Lol. To me it looks pretty much the same. I finally sat down and really looked at what I use my phone for. And for what I need the XR fits nicely. I’m not a huge gamer. I don’t take a ton of photos. I mainly read news/books, forums and text, gotta stay up on my memes. That’s about it really. I use my iPad Pro for everything else.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I don’t personally have a problem with it. Colors are not a bright as the OLED but I have no issues with it. My eyes aren’t the best though. Lol. To me it looks pretty much the same. I finally sat down and really looked at what I use my phone for. And for what I need the XR fits nicely. I’m not a huge gamer. I don’t take a ton of photos. I mainly read news/books, forums and text, gotta stay up on my memes. That’s about it really. I use my iPad Pro for everything else.

Yeah, I hear ya. I'm the same but hey I am a pure techy and feel like I went backwards in tech (just regarding the screen) on the XR. Camera I feel is better than the XS, which makes the decision so hard for me. I'm not upgrading my X to the XS either, not worth that price difference.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I hear ya. I'm the same but hey I am a pure techy and feel like I went backwards in tech (just regarding the screen) on the XR. Camera I feel is better than the XS, which makes the decision so hard for me. I'm not upgrading my X to the XS either, not worth that price difference.

I get it trust me. I switch devices constantly. But I really need to stop. I’ve had 7 phones in 3 months. I need to hold onto the XR for a minute and cool off lol. Took a few pictures of my daughters and they came out good. Good for my needs anyways.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I get it trust me. I switch devices constantly. But I really need to stop. I’ve had 7 phones in 3 months. I need to hold onto the XR for a minute and cool off lol. Took a few pictures of my daughters and they came out good. Good for my needs anyways.

Hey it's better than gambling or doing drugs.

Enjoy it. Btw, do you miss the max at all??

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey it's better than gambling or doing drugs.

Enjoy it. Btw, do you miss the max at all??

That’s what I tell my wife lol .

Not at all. I don’t miss the Max. Besides the screen and minor camera difference the phones are the same to me. And since the screen on the XR looks close to me I don’t see the need for the Max in my case. I’m more about use and feel in hand. I can easily reach the entire phone one handed with the XR. I could reach on the Max but it was a stretch. It’s more comfortable now. I

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice