I had better reception on the XS Max than I do on the XR. The XSes have more antennas (4x4 MIMO on the XSes vs 2x2 MIMO on the XR). I'm actually thinking about returning the XR because it has the weaker antennas. I'm not really all that impressed with any of the iPhone models that came out this year, TBH.
    For those of you that were using the XS or the XS Max: How is the cellular and Wifi performance on the XR compared to the XS? I ask because I haven't seen as many complaints about the LTE and WiFi performance on the XR like I have on the XS. My Wifi is fine, but what I can't stand is the bad cellular data performance. Places where my X was fine, I just get bad signal in now.
    12-13-2018 03:44 AM
    Yeah, the Intel chips are terrible.
    I don't know but my gut says that these Intel chips are the culprit. It's a shame Apple and Qualcomm won't do business anymore.
    12-13-2018 03:45 AM
    You read that right.
    Sold my Xs max and bought a yellow xr. I like the size better and actually think the camera is better !
    I think I might return the yellow for the black or white though.
    Congrats
    RobertP1 likes this.
    12-26-2018 01:04 AM
    I get it trust me. I switch devices constantly. But I really need to stop. I’ve had 7 phones in 3 months. I need to hold onto the XR for a minute and cool off lol. Took a few pictures of my daughters and they came out good. Good for my needs anyways.
    I know how you feel because I kept going back and forth myself it does get very tiring and expensive at the same time
    venkatg likes this.
    12-26-2018 01:08 AM
    Are there any downsides to the OLED screen? I’ve heard burn-in is a problem, is that true?
    One downside that hasn't been mentioned, but that is an issue for a limited number of people, is Pulse Width Modulation eye strain -- this causes issues, including headaches and nausea, for people that are sensitive to it.
    12-26-2018 10:40 AM
    The only “issue” and I don’t really think it’s an issue with my Xr is the screen just seems soft? I think that’s how I want to describe it, maybe fuzzy-ish but just softer than my old X.
    12-27-2018 10:11 PM
    The only “issue” and I don’t really think it’s an issue with my Xr is the screen just seems soft? I think that’s how I want to describe it, maybe fuzzy-ish but just softer than my old X.
    Perfect description. I have the X and also used the XR and the screen looks a little dull, I notice it especially with the black text seems fuzzy and less black
    12-28-2018 06:56 AM
    Perfect description. I have the X and also used the XR and the screen looks a little dull, I notice it especially with the black text seems fuzzy and less black
    I notice it more on white backgrounds. True Tone doesn’t help. It seems in certain lighting the top right 25% corner of my screen is 2 shades darker than the rest of the screen. It’s weird and it only bothers me sometimes. I don’t know if it’s my eyes or the screen itself. But definitely the softness is a thing. It’s not “bad” per say. I hope I get used to it. Well....I’m stuck with the Xr anyway. A universal dark mode would eliminate most of the issue for me.
    12-28-2018 07:04 AM
    Probably the best all around IPhone to date both in size and function pulse the price is right. Apple needs to adjust their iPhone line up next year and keep the prices lower not go higher and higher every year.
    nakialjohnson83 likes this.
    02-13-2019 01:46 PM
    I switched from 8 years of Android to the iPhone 8+ last year and I thoroughly enjoy the iOS environment! Just this week I upgraded to the XR and it has taken my enjoyment of iOS to the next level.

I love the swipe gestures on the XR especially for closing, switching apps which to me feel more fluid and proper for the iPhone. Face ID is another greatly appreciated and welcomed feature which makes Touch ID feel cumbersome even though I didn’t think so prior to using it.

I love my iPhone experience since switching last year, but this phone with its features actually makes using it fun, and I haven’t experienced such enjoyment from a phone in quite a while!
    02-14-2019 04:44 PM
    I have been walking into our providers store for the past month or so picking up the display model Xr. Over and over. I keep looking at my 8 and the Xr side by side, and I know I want the Xr. A couple of things, the display is nice, the battery life is better, but the big difference is the dual sim usage. I am starting some small business ventures and I want one brand on one line, and the other brand on another so they are not directly identified with each other. Once these two ventures go online and active, I am getting a new black Xr. I was all over the blue color first, but the black is for me.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-05-2019 04:07 AM
    I have been walking into our providers store for the past month or so picking up the display model Xr. Over and over. I keep looking at my 8 and the Xr side by side, and I know I want the Xr. A couple of things, the display is nice, the battery life is better, but the big difference is the dual sim usage. I am starting some small business ventures and I want one brand on one line, and the other brand on another so they are not directly identified with each other. Once these two ventures go online and active, I am getting a new black Xr. I was all over the blue color first, but the black is for me.
    Congratulations!!!
    Jude526 likes this.
    03-05-2019 08:19 AM
    Welcome to the club!!

Tbh I have the coral one but I wish I'd gotten the yellow. It's just such a happy color and pearly enough to not be tacky !
    Jude526 likes this.
    07-11-2019 03:59 PM
    Bought a used Project Red a week ago.
    So far I’m really enjoying it, especially the battery life which is the best I have ever seen!
    nikkisharif and Annie_8plus like this.
    07-12-2019 03:36 PM
    Bought a used Project Red a week ago.
    So far I’m really enjoying it, especially the battery life which is the best I have ever seen!
    Congrats
    07-13-2019 01:17 PM
    Congrats
    Thanks!
    07-13-2019 01:43 PM
    You read that right.
    Sold my Xs max and bought a yellow xr. I like the size better and actually think the camera is better !
    I think I might return the yellow for the black or white though.
    ConGrats OP, it's all about what makes YOU happy. My Xs Max makes ME happy. ENJOY
    07-14-2019 09:56 AM
92 ... 234