Right, it's all so similar. Just wish they didn't put older technology screen in this thing or else I'd be totally sold. For me being into tech, I am not buying the XR for price reasons, so I don't have an issue buying the XS just don't know if I need to coming from an X. There really isn't enough of a difference in speed and camera to warrant the price increase.

Still struggling as we speak haha I can't decide
    I understand, though Apple does make really good color accurate LCD screens. I am not at all ashamed of having an Apple LCD screen over an Apple OLED screen. Apple even did a really good job with Haptic Touch, so I really don’t miss 3D Touch as much. For the price the phone is really stellar.
    libra89 and taz323 like this.
    11-19-2018 12:44 PM
    I understand, though Apple does make really good color accurate LCD screens. I am not at all ashamed of having an Apple LCD screen over an Apple OLED screen. Apple even did a really good job with Haptic Touch, so I really don’t miss 3D Touch as much. For the price the phone is really stellar.
    But, did you come from an LCD already or you had an OLED? I think it's hard for me because I've been on the X for so long and feel like I'm downgrading in technology. That's my struggle...and I'm still paying a hefty price...$750 isn't cheap.
    11-19-2018 12:46 PM
    I have experience with both professionally. I personally am not a big fan of OLED, though Apple’s OLED screens are really good and everything to be proud of.
    Tpence2177 likes this.
    11-19-2018 01:02 PM
    I think it speaks volumes that all of us "techies" on these forums are switching to the XR. All the YouTube tech reviewers I watch also use the XR now....it's pretty fascinating. I do miss the OLED screen, that is probably my biggest compromise right now that I am slightly struggling with. I wish they made this 6.1 size in an OLED version. LCD is such old technology for smartphones now.
    My Pixel 3 XL has an OLED screen so I don't miss it all that much. But when it comes to value, the XR definitely has more value than the XS Max does, IMO. There's nothing on the Max that deserves such a ridiculously high price tag.
    Tpence2177 and libra89 like this.
    11-19-2018 09:28 PM
    Right, it's all so similar. Just wish they didn't put older technology screen in this thing or else I'd be totally sold. For me being into tech, I am not buying the XR for price reasons, so I don't have an issue buying the XS just don't know if I need to coming from an X. There really isn't enough of a difference in speed and camera to warrant the price increase.

Still struggling as we speak haha I can't decide
    Don’t get the XR if you’re into tech. The OLED to LCD was too much of a difference. I could immediately tell that the quality was worse and it drove me nuts. I am also a tech junkie and went from the XS Max to the XR because of the sweet spot size and ended up returning it for the XS due to the LCD. I have had too many OLEDs to go backward. I have a Pixel 3 for work which is OK and thought about getting the XR for work so my biz can pay for it, but I like having my foot in iOS and Android. I may upgrade the Pixel 3 to the 3XL and hold on to it until the Galaxy S10 comes out. I’m going to keep the XS though. Sweet phone and perfect size.
    11-21-2018 11:26 PM
    My Pixel 3 XL has an OLED screen so I don't miss it all that much. But when it comes to value, the XR definitely has more value than the XS Max does, IMO. There's nothing on the Max that deserves such a ridiculously high price tag.
    I agree on the price tag. I had the XS Max and returned it for the XR then returned that for the XS. I think there are a lot of sacrifices made to have the XR vs the XS/XS Max: screen quality, portrait mode is better on the XS, no 3D Touch, no Apple OEM cases (still don’t get that). The screen was the deal killer for me. I like the OLEDs too much. But, to each their own. If price is a factor and it is for a lot of us, then the XR would be fine for most.
    bgl321 likes this.
    11-21-2018 11:34 PM
    You read that right.
    Sold my Xs max and bought a yellow xr. I like the size better and actually think the camera is better !
    I think I might return the yellow for the black or white though.
    Nice! I have the red XR and absolutely love it!
    11-22-2018 11:36 AM
    I have the white one and couldn’t be happier
    libra89, M_A, bgl321 and 1 others like this.
    11-29-2018 03:23 PM
    Don’t get the XR if you’re into tech. The OLED to LCD was too much of a difference. I could immediately tell that the quality was worse and it drove me nuts. I am also a tech junkie and went from the XS Max to the XR because of the sweet spot size and ended up returning it for the XS due to the LCD. I have had too many OLEDs to go backward. I have a Pixel 3 for work which is OK and thought about getting the XR for work so my biz can pay for it, but I like having my foot in iOS and Android. I may upgrade the Pixel 3 to the 3XL and hold on to it until the Galaxy S10 comes out. I’m going to keep the XS though. Sweet phone and perfect size.
    Are there any downsides to the OLED screen? I’ve heard burn-in is a problem, is that true?
    12-02-2018 02:33 AM
    Are there any downsides to the OLED screen? I’ve heard burn-in is a problem, is that true?
    The only real downside is OLED screens, while having a deeper contrast ratio, aren’t quite as bright. That being said I haven’t noticed a difference in brightness compared to my iPhone X and XS Max and any other iPhones I’ve owned. Apple’s OLED displays are ridiculously beautiful.
    Burn-in is old news. As a mod I read a good amount of the posts that are made on this forum. I’ve yet to hear a complaint about burn-in and there have been OLED iPhones on the market for over a year at this point.
    12-02-2018 07:26 AM
    Yeah I read that it’s less of a problem than it was when first offered. Still expensive compared to lcd though.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    12-02-2018 07:40 AM
    I have the white one and couldn’t be happier
    Same! I'm glad I replaced my XS Max with the XR.
    JHarperStewart likes this.
    12-02-2018 11:08 AM
    You read that right.
    Sold my Xs max and bought a yellow xr. I like the size better and actually think the camera is better !
    I think I might return the yellow for the black or white though.
    What made you switch?
    12-02-2018 12:37 PM
    I don’t see any issues such as burn in. I know it can happen from what I’ve read.
    12-02-2018 05:19 PM
    Had the XS Max. Great device. But then I switched back to Android for the LG V40 then got the Razer Phone 2, then got the one plus 6T. And like clockwork I’m back in the iPhone.

I decided I didn’t want the XS Max as I had it already and wanted something a tad smaller. XS was to small and price was to much for that. Opted to try the XR. I actually like it so far. I like the screen and build. And of course price. What’s not to like about the price. Hopefully I continue to enjoy it at least for a few months. I need to stop switching. Lol.
    What caused you to switch back to iOS after that collection of Android devices?
    12-07-2018 03:31 PM
    To each his own. The Xr is a great phone. Enjoy it!
    12-07-2018 03:34 PM
66 123