I've played with it before and it's fine. There's no reason to fuss over the display. MKBHD pointed that out yesterday in his review. The single camera won't bother me either because my Pixel 3 XL has only one camera and it's amazing.
    Give it a whirl. Or go play with one. Don’t see the need to pay a ton of money for something I’ll use maybe a handful of times anymore. And honestly I don’t miss the screen on the Max. The XR has been going strong. I thought before playing with it the build would be cheap or the screen was horrible based on reading people cry over it. But in person the screen is actually quite nice for my needs I don’t see the fuss about it. Best of luck in your choice. Let me know what you decide.
    11-14-2018 07:56 PM
    Some things never change! Haha J/K! That's quite a lot of Androids to sift through. I have finally stopped torturing myself with the whole Android curiously and back to ios in a jiffy. It's a waste of money and extremely tiring.

I'll ask you just like I have everyone else who has moved from OLED display devices to the XR....what are your thoughts on the LCD screen? That was my main compromise that swayed me back to my X, but like you said the X is just too small. The XR is the perfect in between to the X and Max. I felt like the most noticeable thing was the black text isn't very sharp like on OLED.
    Coming from a X, when there’s scenes on the screen with black, it’s noticeable, but outside of that, I think the screen is great. Text sometimes isn’t as crisp as on an oled, but they’re good enough that I don’t mind.
    11-15-2018 12:17 AM
    If it wasnt for the missing 3D Touch and the ability to do portrait with objects as well as people, I could probably deal with the XR. Having the one less gig of RAM would annoy me too, however that probably would only be noticed when Im thinking about it. Otherwise I doubt it would be too noticeable. I use 3D Touch all the time and would get quite annoyed not having it. Ive read/heard in more than one place that there is a rumor going around that the next iPhones wont have 3D Touch at all. If that happens, I guess Ill have to get used to it, until then though Im going to keep using it. As for the portrait mode, I take pictures objects, and my pets, far more than I do of people. Having the telephoto lens is really nice for shots of scenery as well.
    11-15-2018 09:26 AM
    If it wasnt for the missing 3D Touch and the ability to do portrait with objects as well as people, I could probably deal with the XR. Having the one less gig of RAM would annoy me too, however that probably would only be noticed when Im thinking about it. Otherwise I doubt it would be too noticeable. I use 3D Touch all the time and would get quite annoyed not having it. Ive read/heard in more than one place that there is a rumor going around that the next iPhones wont have 3D Touch at all. If that happens, I guess Ill have to get used to it, until then though Im going to keep using it. As for the portrait mode, I take pictures objects, and my pets, far more than I do of people. Having the telephoto lens is really nice for shots of scenery as well.
    I've never had a phone with 3d touch so I guess I won't know what I'm missing there, I did read that there are apps that now have portrait mode for the Xr on objects and animals too now I may buy it but I'm not sure never had a phone with portrait mode either lol.
    11-15-2018 09:29 AM
    Only thing I used 3D Touch for was for a cursor. But I can’t do that with haptic touch so I’m good.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-15-2018 03:22 PM
    Only thing I used 3D Touch for was for a cursor. But I can’t do that with haptic touch so I’m good.
    I think that with the XR you can use haptic touch in the space bar area of the keyboard to move the cursor around, if I remember that correctly.
    Tpence2177 and anon(1733) like this.
    11-15-2018 04:56 PM
    I think that with the XR you can use haptic touch in the space bar area of the keyboard to move the cursor around, if I remember that correctly.
    Yup. I'm hoping swift key will update to use it soon. So far it only works on the stock keyboard for me.
    MasterDarque likes this.
    11-15-2018 05:16 PM
    Yup. I'm hoping swift key will update to use it soon. So far it only works on the stock keyboard for me.
    I'm hoping it comes to Gboard as well. Odd thing is that the 3D touch on the Gboard works fine on my X
    Tpence2177 likes this.
    11-15-2018 06:36 PM
    I'm hoping it comes to Gboard as well. Odd thing is that the 3D touch on the Gboard works fine on my X
    I really loved gboard on Android, I've tried it a few times on iOS but I love how swift looks very close to stock. Since I used the stock for so long I guess I want stock looks but still having swipe capabilities.
    11-15-2018 06:53 PM
    I really loved gboard on Android, I've tried it a few times on iOS but I love how swift looks very close to stock. Since I used the stock for so long I guess I want stock looks but still having swipe capabilities.
    Never tried Swiftkey for iOS. I've been using Gboard on my iPhone since it came out. I never use the stock keyboard
    Tpence2177 and libra89 like this.
    11-15-2018 06:55 PM
    Never tried Swiftkey for iOS. I've been using Gboard on my iPhone since it came out. I never use the stock keyboard
    My 6 plus would freeze a lot with aftermarket keyboards in the last few years so I just had to stick with stock to have a good experience lol.
    11-15-2018 07:05 PM
    Yeah sorry. I spelled that wrong. I meant to say I can do it lol. Thanks though.
    MasterDarque likes this.
    11-15-2018 08:27 PM
    Yeah sorry. I spelled that wrong. I meant to say I can do it lol. Thanks though.
    128GB black XR coming my way tomorrow
    11-16-2018 07:01 PM
    128GB black XR coming my way tomorrow
    Couldn't stand it huh?
    nikkisharif likes this.
    11-16-2018 07:10 PM
    Couldn't stand it huh?
    I have issues.
    11-16-2018 07:10 PM
    I have issues.
    Ooh I'm surprised that you got another one. Let us know what you think of the black one xd
    11-16-2018 07:51 PM
    Ooh I'm surprised that you got another one. Let us know what you think of the black one xd
    There is something about that phone! You get your X yet?
    11-16-2018 07:52 PM
    There is something about that phone! You get your X yet?
    True, it is really cool! I still lurk the Xr reddit lol

Yep, I got it last night. The size feels like home.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    11-16-2018 07:54 PM
    True, it is really cool! I still lurk the Xr reddit lol

Yep, I got it last night. The size feels like home.
    Glad you're happy with it!
    libra89 likes this.
    11-16-2018 07:55 PM
    Glad you're happy with it!
    Thank you!
    11-16-2018 07:56 PM
    I purchased the 256GB iPhone XR in coral yesterday. I love the color. I sold my 512GB gold iPhone XS Max on Swappa for $1300. Honestly, I feel better spending the money on the XR than I ever did on the XS Max. I thought the XS Max cost too much. I don't miss it at all, especially since 95% of the things in the Max can be found in the XR. It's stupid that Apple doesn't allow portrait mode on non-humans, but meh. I'm carrying around a Google Pixel 3 XL for my portrait photo needs, especially since it does the job 1,000 times better than the Max did anyways.
    Tpence2177, libra89 and anon(1733) like this.
    11-18-2018 12:41 PM
    I purchased the 256GB iPhone XR in coral yesterday. I love the color. I sold my 512GB gold iPhone XS Max on Swappa for $1300. Honestly, I feel better spending the money on the XR than I ever did on the XS Max. I thought the XS Max cost too much. I don't miss it at all, especially since 95% of the things in the Max can be found in the XR. It's stupid that Apple doesn't allow portrait mode on non-humans, but meh. I'm carrying around a Google Pixel 3 XL for my portrait photo needs, especially since it does the job 1,000 times better than the Max did anyways.
    A 512 GB iPhone is way too much. Depending on tax rate where somebody is, it’s a $1560 phone here. It’s sucks you had to lose that though for a phone that you had 2 months tops. Between sale fee, shipping, and PayPal it all adds up.
    11-18-2018 02:50 PM
    I think it speaks volumes that all of us "techies" on these forums are switching to the XR. All the YouTube tech reviewers I watch also use the XR now....it's pretty fascinating. I do miss the OLED screen, that is probably my biggest compromise right now that I am slightly struggling with. I wish they made this 6.1 size in an OLED version. LCD is such old technology for smartphones now.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-19-2018 09:43 AM
    I think it speaks volumes that all of us "techies" on these forums are switching to the XR. All the YouTube tech reviewers I watch also use the XR now....it's pretty fascinating. I do miss the OLED screen, that is probably my biggest compromise right now that I am slightly struggling with. I wish they made this 6.1 size in an OLED version. LCD is such old technology for smartphones now.
    I agree, it really is interesting. I get it though, considering that it is the midrange size that has never existed before and other things of course. Unlike the time when the 8 series and the X came out last year, you can have a lot of the same things (even design, in a general sense I mean) for less.
    11-19-2018 11:30 AM
    I agree, it really is interesting. I get it though, considering that it is the midrange size that has never existed before and other things of course. Unlike the time when the 8 series and the X came out last year, you can have a lot of the same things (even design, in a general sense I mean) for less.
    Right, it's all so similar. Just wish they didn't put older technology screen in this thing or else I'd be totally sold. For me being into tech, I am not buying the XR for price reasons, so I don't have an issue buying the XS just don't know if I need to coming from an X. There really isn't enough of a difference in speed and camera to warrant the price increase.

Still struggling as we speak haha I can't decide
    libra89 likes this.
    11-19-2018 11:33 AM
92 1234