11-07-2018 12:29 PM
    Yeah this is interesting. I don't understand why. In another article, I saw that the surge for the X might be a reason why, which makes sense.
    11-07-2018 12:49 PM
    I’m not surprised that the 8 series is still popular. The 8+ is a great phone. Maybe Apple should have bump the specs up and made an 8s and 8s+.
    JHarperStewart likes this.
    11-07-2018 01:09 PM
    I didn’t dwell on the article, but from what I read, the claims are from one source. I’m sure sales for all of the iPhone models will increase in the coming weeks throughout the holiday season. It does every year.
    libra89 and metalchick719 like this.
    11-07-2018 01:38 PM
    It's still early. And many users are sticking with their 8 series and the X for longer. I wouldn't read too much into that report. I imagine they're still selling a lot. Just not what they anticipated.
    Last edited by Ledsteplin; 11-08-2018 at 09:48 AM.
    libra89 and ladyc0524 like this.
    11-07-2018 01:51 PM
    Eh, not everyone wants or sees the necessity of Face ID, and the iPhone 8, 8+ is still mighty powerful.
    libra89 and phlamethrowre like this.
    11-07-2018 02:25 PM
    I didn’t dwell on the article, but from what I read, the claims are from one source. I’m sure sales for all of the iPhone models will increase in the coming weeks throughout the holiday season. It does every year.
    “I didn’t really bother reading the article but I’m going to comment like I know what I’m talking about anyway”

If Apple thought demand was going to increase they wouldn’t reduce production right now.
    11-07-2018 02:30 PM
    I’m seeing a pattern with your post .....
    11-07-2018 02:32 PM
    Potential bad news for early adopters. Slow sales would’ve been better than this.

https://bgr.com/2018/11/07/iphone-xr...-lower-demand/
    11-07-2018 02:49 PM
    Eh, not everyone wants or sees the necessity of Face ID, and the iPhone 8, 8+ is still mighty powerful.
    Yeah, I considered a 8 myself but I really wanted to try a recent iPhone with Face ID.
    kataran likes this.
    11-07-2018 02:54 PM
    Potential bad news for early adopters. Slow sales would’ve been better than this.

https://bgr.com/2018/11/07/iphone-xr...-lower-demand/
    Veery similar to the logic board issue with the 8. The difference this time is Apple is actually doing something about it.
    libra89 and Annie_8plus like this.
    11-07-2018 11:55 PM
    I’ts betwen a X and X Max size with the screen of a 8, what did they expect.
    Give me a 8 plus any day.
    11-08-2018 03:32 AM
    Why would there be such a huge demand after the XS and XS Max were released a month or more earlier? A lot of people don't like to wait to buy a new phone. They need the newest, shiniest and most premium device yesterday. I think like Just_Me_D said, there may be more of a demand during the holidays for the XR since the price will probably come down. For some, $750 is still too much to pay. Personally, this is the first iPhone I bought brand spanking new and directly from Apple since the iPhone 6s.
    cinnamin and libra89 like this.
    11-08-2018 09:23 AM
    Apple's not doing well this year. The iPhone XS Max and XS don't have good sales numbers and now their cheapest devices aren't being purchased. Maybe it's time for Apple to sit down and really think about its pricing model.
    Spencerdl, M_A and JHarperStewart like this.
    11-08-2018 10:03 AM
    Why would there be such a huge demand after the XS and XS Max were released a month or more earlier? A lot of people don't like to wait to buy a new phone. They need the newest, shiniest and most premium device yesterday.
    No, only people who frequent these forums want the newest, most premium devices. The general population wants lower cost alternatives that don't break the bank.
    Spencerdl and phlamethrowre like this.
    11-08-2018 10:04 AM
    No, only people who frequent these forums want the newest, most premium devices. The general population wants lower cost alternatives that don't break the bank.
    That's not completely true. I had an interview with Apple exactly a week ago on Halloween. The only other woman who was part of my interview group left the building with me afterward and we chatted a little for a few minutes. She asked me why I got the XR instead of the XS. She had an iPhone 8 Plus but said she would have gotten the XS if she was looking to upgrade. I actually mentioned iMore to her and asked if she was a member. She didn't even know about it.
    Annie_8plus and libra89 like this.
    11-08-2018 10:27 AM
    It just seems that every year these kinds of reports and discussions pop up that Apple isn't doing well. Is Apple doomed? I don't think so!
    11-08-2018 10:44 AM
    Apple is far from doomed but they do seem out of touch with their customer base when it comes to pricing. The area where their HQ is located is a very expensive place to live. Everything is overpriced. They need to get out more and see how the rest of us live. Maybe they’ll have a better understanding of what we’re looking for.
    11-08-2018 12:00 PM
    Price is the main reason I'm getting the Xr. While i do generally prefer LCD over OLED. If I could get the Xs/Xs max for anywhere near what I'll get my Xr for after I sell my phone. I would definitely love one. Just not willing to pay admission price for the latest and greatest anymore. With the $300 gift card from Sam's and then hopefully getting like $150-200 for my 6 plus I could be in my Xr as low as $250-300.
    11-08-2018 12:08 PM
    Apple is far from doomed but they do seem out of touch with their customer base when it comes to pricing. The area where their HQ is located is a very expensive place to live. Everything is overpriced. They need to get out more and see how the rest of us live. Maybe they’ll have a better understanding of what we’re looking for.
    If they only paid attention to these forums! Seriously, it might be smart of them to conduct discussion sessions at a variety of Apple Stores to connect with their customers and hear what we have to say!
    phlamethrowre likes this.
    11-08-2018 12:10 PM
    How reliable is any of this "news"? All sorts of sources and pundits have been wrong about Apple before. Maybe they are wrong now. Further, we should not assume that we are typical customers either. I know at least twenty iPhone users and none of them read IMore.
    metalchick719 and scruffypig like this.
    11-08-2018 12:17 PM
    Conducting sessions at Apple stores may not provide very reliable information either. Most Apple customers do not live near an Apple store. They get their phone from a carrier or from Best Buy or Walmart or Target or even used online.
    phlamethrowre likes this.
    11-08-2018 12:19 PM
    Only thing I can find through googling is iPhone 8 logic board problems. If the logic board issues are true in the Xr it is just coming out though so that may be why there is nothing in Google yet.
    How reliable is any of this "news"? All sorts of sources and pundits have been wrong about Apple before. Maybe they are wrong now. Further, we should not assume that we are typical customers either. I know at least twenty iPhone users and none of them read IMore.
    11-08-2018 01:53 PM
    I've always said this about Apple and it has made me leave multiple times for Android. I quickly crawl back though.

They don't care about their customers. It's plain and simple. They know people who are in the ecosystem will pay whatever they price things at. Heck, the OnePlus 6T is $200 cheaper and is comparable and almost even better spec'd than the XR. I tried the XR and wanted so badly to enjoy it but coming from the X I can't seem to go from OLED to LCD.

They do what makes the most money for themselves. Yes every company wants to do that, but at this point they are taking advantage.
    xanadome and libra89 like this.
    11-08-2018 01:56 PM
    They don't care about their customers. It's plain and simple.
    You don't become a trillion dollar company by caring about your customer base. I mean, they throttled phones for 9 years and didn't say a thing about it until they got caught.
    11-08-2018 03:06 PM
32 12