Low Demand

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Yeah this is interesting. I don't understand why. In another article, I saw that the surge for the X might be a reason why, which makes sense.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I’m not surprised that the 8 series is still popular. The 8+ is a great phone. Maybe Apple should have bump the specs up and made an 8s and 8s+.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I didn’t dwell on the article, but from what I read, the claims are from one source. I’m sure sales for all of the iPhone models will increase in the coming weeks throughout the holiday season. It does every year.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's still early. And many users are sticking with their 8 series and the X for longer. I wouldn't read too much into that report. I imagine they're still selling a lot. Just not what they anticipated.

Last edited:

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I didn’t dwell on the article, but from what I read, the claims are from one source. I’m sure sales for all of the iPhone models will increase in the coming weeks throughout the holiday season. It does every year.

“I didn’t really bother reading the article but I’m going to comment like I know what I’m talking about anyway”

If Apple thought demand was going to increase they wouldn’t reduce production right now.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

I’m seeing a pattern with your post .....

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Why would there be such a huge demand after the XS and XS Max were released a month or more earlier? A lot of people don't like to wait to buy a new phone. They need the newest, shiniest and most premium device yesterday. I think like Just_Me_D said, there may be more of a demand during the holidays for the XR since the price will probably come down. For some, $750 is still too much to pay. Personally, this is the first iPhone I bought brand spanking new and directly from Apple since the iPhone 6s.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Apple's not doing well this year. The iPhone XS Max and XS don't have good sales numbers and now their cheapest devices aren't being purchased. Maybe it's time for Apple to sit down and really think about its pricing model.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Why would there be such a huge demand after the XS and XS Max were released a month or more earlier? A lot of people don't like to wait to buy a new phone. They need the newest, shiniest and most premium device yesterday.

No, only people who frequent these forums want the newest, most premium devices. The general population wants lower cost alternatives that don't break the bank.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
No, only people who frequent these forums want the newest, most premium devices. The general population wants lower cost alternatives that don't break the bank.

That's not completely true. I had an interview with Apple exactly a week ago on Halloween. The only other woman who was part of my interview group left the building with me afterward and we chatted a little for a few minutes. She asked me why I got the XR instead of the XS. She had an iPhone 8 Plus but said she would have gotten the XS if she was looking to upgrade. I actually mentioned iMore to her and asked if she was a member. She didn't even know about it.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It just seems that every year these kinds of reports and discussions pop up that Apple isn't doing well. Is Apple doomed? I don't think so! :)

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Apple is far from doomed but they do seem out of touch with their customer base when it comes to pricing. The area where their HQ is located is a very expensive place to live. Everything is overpriced. They need to get out more and see how the rest of us live. Maybe they’ll have a better understanding of what we’re looking for.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Price is the main reason I'm getting the Xr. While i do generally prefer LCD over OLED. If I could get the Xs/Xs max for anywhere near what I'll get my Xr for after I sell my phone. I would definitely love one. Just not willing to pay admission price for the latest and greatest anymore. With the $300 gift card from Sam's and then hopefully getting like $150-200 for my 6 plus I could be in my Xr as low as $250-300.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Apple is far from doomed but they do seem out of touch with their customer base when it comes to pricing. The area where their HQ is located is a very expensive place to live. Everything is overpriced. They need to get out more and see how the rest of us live. Maybe they’ll have a better understanding of what we’re looking for.

If they only paid attention to these forums! :D Seriously, it might be smart of them to conduct discussion sessions at a variety of Apple Stores to connect with their customers and hear what we have to say!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711