Low Demand

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
How reliable is any of this "news"? All sorts of sources and pundits have been wrong about Apple before. Maybe they are wrong now. Further, we should not assume that we are typical customers either. I know at least twenty iPhone users and none of them read IMore.

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Conducting sessions at Apple stores may not provide very reliable information either. Most Apple customers do not live near an Apple store. They get their phone from a carrier or from Best Buy or Walmart or Target or even used online.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Only thing I can find through googling is iPhone 8 logic board problems. If the logic board issues are true in the Xr it is just coming out though so that may be why there is nothing in Google yet.
How reliable is any of this "news"? All sorts of sources and pundits have been wrong about Apple before. Maybe they are wrong now. Further, we should not assume that we are typical customers either. I know at least twenty iPhone users and none of them read IMore.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Apple is far from doomed but they do seem out of touch with their customer base when it comes to pricing. The area where their HQ is located is a very expensive place to live. Everything is overpriced. They need to get out more and see how the rest of us live. Maybe they’ll have a better understanding of what we’re looking for.

I've always said this about Apple and it has made me leave multiple times for Android. I quickly crawl back though.

They don't care about their customers. It's plain and simple. They know people who are in the ecosystem will pay whatever they price things at. Heck, the OnePlus 6T is $200 cheaper and is comparable and almost even better spec'd than the XR. I tried the XR and wanted so badly to enjoy it but coming from the X I can't seem to go from OLED to LCD.

They do what makes the most money for themselves. Yes every company wants to do that, but at this point they are taking advantage.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
No, only people who frequent these forums want the newest, most premium devices. The general population wants lower cost alternatives that don't break the bank.

Tell that to the woman I met at my Apple interview a week ago. She seemed pretty keen on the iPhone XS and had no idea about iMore. Stop generalizing people. I know others from the group I occasionally do Pokemon Go raids with who also have the iPhone X (one was planning on getting the XS Max) and I'm positive they know nothing about iMore.

davidnc

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
They probably just don't want the Xr to take away sells of the Xs Max and Xs , especially with Christmas shopping starting.
Make more money selling more of those without Xr competing with

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
“I didn’t really bother reading the article but I’m going to comment like I know what I’m talking about anyway”

If Apple thought demand was going to increase they wouldn’t reduce production right now.

He said he didn't DWELL on it, NOT that he didn't read it! Ultimately the jury is still out.

JBloverz

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Well, this is common for Apple I guess. I mean every time they release something new there are lot of people to care about those products. But still Apple is consider as the leading mobile developers.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
My Two Cents

Customers that are new to smartphones and got on the iPhone around the i6 and finally feel comfortable with there form function are Leary of jumping to the new design are gonna go for the 8 series.

I’ve been told this by more than one user.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Obviously this will vary, BUT I am seeing iPhones with notches EVERYWHERE here in Philly. Now of course I have no idea if they are simply iPhone X(s), iPhone XS(s), etc. In any event I see "the notch" everywhere! lol

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Obviously this will vary, BUT I am seeing iPhones with notches EVERYWHERE here in Philly. Now of course I have no idea if they are simply iPhone X(s), iPhone XS(s), etc. In any event I see "the notch" everywhere! lol

I've noticed this as well!

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
If they only paid attention to these forums! :D Seriously, it might be smart of them to conduct discussion sessions at a variety of Apple Stores to connect with their customers and hear what we have to say!

THis is not iPhone related, but to Apple in general, and it supports the impression that they might live in a bubble and have somewhat lost touch with "ordinary people":

before Xmas, I bought one of these new iPads, plus pencil, plus keyboard. After a week, I decided to return it, because I had some very specific points of criticism.
In the Apple store, the return process went smoothly without problems. Good. However, when I asked the agent if there was anybody interested in WHY I decided to return it, she said '....well...actually not really......but you can tell me if you want....'.

Isn't that crazy? I mean, what is a better source for a manufacturer, to get information on what customers want or miss, than to ask for the reasons, if products get returned?

I would even make asking the customer detailed questions become a mandatory standard, in every outlet of my company.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
THis is not iPhone related, but to Apple in general, and it supports the impression that they might live in a bubble and have somewhat lost touch with "ordinary people":

before Xmas, I bought one of these new iPads, plus pencil, plus keyboard. After a week, I decided to return it, because I had some very specific points of criticism.
In the Apple store, the return process went smoothly without problems. Good. However, when I asked the agent if there was anybody interested in WHY I decided to return it, she said '....well...actually not really......but you can tell me if you want....'.

Isn't that crazy? I mean, what is a better source for a manufacturer, to get information on what customers want or miss, than to ask for the reasons, if products get returned?

I would even make asking the customer detailed questions become a mandatory standard, in every outlet of my company.

Wow!!! I’m really surprised at that response. I wonder if that’s how Apple typically is or if that was just an uninterested rep

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Why would there be such a huge demand after the XS and XS Max were released a month or more earlier? ....

I cannot understand the logic behind releasing new iPhone models in September and then again a month or two later, especially when most of the hype is for the September launch.

I’ve stated this on several occasions that Apple should return to releasing one iPhone model a year, but that’s Just Me, D...

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I’m wondering if that was just that particular Apple Store employee. I returned something not too long ago and they asked why. I remember the rep keying the reason into a spot on her iPad during the process as well.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Apple's not doing well this year. The iPhone XS Max and XS don't have good sales numbers and now their cheapest devices aren't being purchased. Maybe it's time for Apple to sit down and really think about its pricing model.

I beg to differ. Not reaching ‘projected sales’ figures doesn’t equate to not selling a lot of devices. We predict the Golden State Warriors will win a game against the Knicks by 30 points, but if they only win by 20, they still win the game.

As for its pricing models, I agree. Still, I would like them to return to selling one iPhone model per year and focus on improving its cloud services. Provide an Office 365 / Google g-suite like option.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2