Low Demand

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Another XR sighting! I was watching Travelers on Netflix last night, season 3. I don't recall the episoide, MAYBE 3 or 4, BUT one of the travelers was using an iPhone XR. I'm sure it was an XR, because it had the notch AND it had the single rear camera.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, call me crazy...it's not 3rd times a charm but 4x for me! Selling my X and got a 128GB XR! I am tired of the small size of my X and want that larger screen which is still so manageable over the max size. Will be using the XR until I see what comes in September!

Oh wow I hope you enjoy it!! What color did you get this time?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I love the larger screen, although the max is too large so this is perfect in between size

XR FTW...you gotta keep it LOL

da2f52a686c0970b7c2dd58a188d0bb4.gif

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Haha!!! I've just always had the best of the best so that's the only thing I question.

So have I, but I’ve realized the best of the best is whatever is best for each person not what the specs tell us is best. If we want to be really technical, the XS Max with 512GB of storage is the best. Many people agree, I disagree because that device doesn’t work for my needs. To me it’s not even in the running. I say all of that because we shouldn’t put so many specifications on “best”. It’s a serious issue with our society, and no one will EVER achieve or have the “best” if we thing of things in this manner.

BTW...ironically, I watch a documentary called “Generation Wealth” last night. You should check it out

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
So have I, but I’ve realized the best of the best is whatever is best for each person not what the specs tell us is best. If we want to be really technical, the XS Max with 512GB of storage is the best. Many people agree, I disagree because that device doesn’t work for my needs. To me it’s not even in the running. I say all of that because we shouldn’t put so many specifications on “best”. It’s a serious issue with our society, and no one will EVER achieve or have the “best” if we thing of things in this manner.

BTW...ironically, I watch a documentary called “Generation Wealth” last night. You should check it out

Thank you for the recommendation! I will def watch that...things like that interest me.

Well I consider myself a tech geek, especially when it comes to smartphones. I've always had the better model. I'm talking more model wise (X, XR, XS, XS Max) not so much about storage size. I don't use a lot of storage so to me the 512gb is just unnecessary. I just feel like I'm downgrading my smartphone snobbiness haha. But, I did pay $1,000 for my X and said I wouldn't pay that again for a phone. I think I drew the line price vs my inner tech geek. At some point not everyone can afford it regardless if they are tech geeks or not, right??

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the recommendation! I will def watch that...things like that interest me.

Well I consider myself a tech geek, especially when it comes to smartphones. I've always had the better model. I'm talking more model wise (X, XR, XS, XS Max) not so much about storage size. I don't use a lot of storage so to me the 512gb is just unnecessary. I just feel like I'm downgrading my smartphone snobbiness haha. But, I did pay $1,000 for my X and said I wouldn't pay that again for a phone. I think I drew the line price vs my inner tech geek. At some point not everyone can afford it regardless if they are tech geeks or not, right??

I totally agree with that! I’m a tech geek as well, but my personal needs & my wallet override my geeky side I’m a car enthusiast but I refuse to have a car payment, and because I’m not extremely wealthy, I’m limited in my choices*

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I totally agree with that! I’m a tech geek as well, but my personal needs & my wallet override my geeky side I’m a car enthusiast but I refuse to have a car payment, and because I’m not extremely wealthy, I’m limited in my choices*

Love your outlook! I totally agree. I think in my past time when I was single and kidless I'd disagree with you haha but boy have things changed!

So then I can say why do I need an XR when I have a perfectly good X?!?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Love your outlook! I totally agree. I think in my past time when I was single and kidless I'd disagree with you haha but boy have things changed!

So then I can say why do I need an XR when I have a perfectly good X?!?

Kids change everything I’m single again because my kids are grown, but I still refuse to pay for certain things lol

As far as keeping your X goes, you could very well keep it but you said the screen is too small for your liking. Instead of looking at the XR as a downgrade, think of it as you satisfying your need for a larger screen. It’s a great device! I know several people that have them & love them. If it wasn’t so huge, I’d definitely have the yellow one

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Kids change everything I’m single again because my kids are grown, but I still refuse to pay for certain things lol

As far as keeping your X goes, you could very well keep it but you said the screen is too small for your liking. Instead of looking at the XR as a downgrade, think of it as you satisfying your need for a larger screen. It’s a great device! I know several people that have them & love them. If it wasn’t so huge, I’d definitely have the yellow one

Haha the yellow is cool. I’m more of a neutral person when it comes to phones, glasses however are a different story lol. Yeah I am trying to look at it that way. It’s not that the X is too small for me I actually love the size just want something a tad larger. The XR fits that I think. Will the larger screen keep my satisfied enough though since I am losing resolution, losing camera features, etc. I’ll gain battery!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Haha the yellow is cool. I’m more of a neutral person when it comes to phones, glasses however are a different story lol. Yeah I am trying to look at it that way. It’s not that the X is too small for me I actually love the size just want something a tad larger. The XR fits that I think. Will the larger screen keep my satisfied enough though since I am losing resolution, losing camera features, etc. I’ll gain battery!

Get out of your own head

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I had the SG X, XS Max, then SG 8 and a Silver 8, now a white XR. White is white not murky like the 8, XS.
Looks great in the Caudabe Lucid clear case.

+Gb1jBGoRDu7wcy4vsTZxw.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711