Shop HP’s Memorial Day Sale:Save up to 61% on PCs and more! | Order: AirPods 2 | New iPhones
    I’ve always been a BlackBerry or Android guy, but I’ve used Windows and IOS products like tablets and laptops. Because of that I’ve also owned some Windows Phones and hand me down iPhones, 5 and 6, that I bought for my son when he was younger. I purchased my first new for myself iPhone, the XR, nine weeks ago. I don’t understand why people are saying low demand. I’ve met quite a few people using the XR and ironically many have come from Android devices. I do think XR is good value for the price.
    The low demand is factual. People are keeping their excellently made older iPhone longer and Apple has admittedly slowed manufacturing of this new line of phones (particularly the XR I think but probably all if I remember the article I read recently).

But I'm with you, I do think it's excellent value for the money. Sure it's expensive at $750 but it's the cheapest of all new iPhone and high end Android phones (I'm looking at you Galaxy S and Note 9) at release or even currently. So the expensive argument I don't buy. Top spec'd phones are just expensive now. Even Oneplus use to be cheaper.
    Last edited by Byrese; 01-13-2019 at 12:19 PM.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-13-2019 11:48 AM
    I think Byrese means the "low demand" claim and that he doesn't get that.
    Right
    Oh okay. Thanks for clarifying. I appreciate...
    01-13-2019 12:10 PM
    I beg to differ. Not reaching ‘projected sales’ figures doesn’t equate to not selling a lot of devices. We predict the Golden State Warriors will win a game against the Knicks by 30 points, but if they only win by 20, they still win the game.

As for its pricing models, I agree. Still, I would like them to return to selling one iPhone model per year and focus on improving its cloud services. Provide an Office 365 / Google g-suite like option.
    Well, tell that to their stock price and the value they lost from the company.

But nothing to see here, all is fine...
    01-13-2019 03:58 PM

The decline in stock price is not limited to Apple only. Other major companies also suffer from the same fate and that’s mainly to do with the current political climate. I don’t think Apple is really to blame regarding to their stock price.
    01-13-2019 04:52 PM
    The lower stock prices have nothing to do with the political climate. Apple has been growing year over year and now that they’ve raised prices higher than ever....they hit a deficit. I think the lower stock prices are entirely Apple’s own doing.
    01-13-2019 04:57 PM
    The lower stock prices have nothing to do with the political climate. Apple has been growing year over year and now that they’ve raised prices higher than ever....they hit a deficit. I think the lower stock prices are entirely Apple’s own doing.
    Time will tell. I don’t agree with you, but you already know that.
    01-13-2019 05:01 PM
    Stock price are somewhat related to political climate due to current “trade war” on the left hand, while on the right hand, it’s due to other industry factors with the maturity of smartphone existence and lower demand from pricing in Asia with tariffs in China and India but again different causes....
    Byrese and nikkisharif like this.
    01-13-2019 06:30 PM

This is not the first time that Apple stock prices have dropped and it won’t be the last so you’re right, nothing to see here.
    Byrese, Tartarus and Annie_8plus like this.
    01-13-2019 06:43 PM
    I agree but it’s somewhat of a delicate balance. One thing I like about Apple is how easygoing they are with returns and exchanges. I personally like that they’ll simply give me my money back and send me on my way rather than interrogate me as to why I’m returning their product. It doesn’t mean I’m offended if they ask me a question or two but I certainly shouldn’t be required to provide an reason as long as I’m within the return period. Still, if I were in the business of producing and selling consumer goods I would surely be interested in knowing why my customers are returning my products.
    Yes the easy return policy is an excellent service that shouldn't get undermined. I think that legally, they wouldn't even have to do that - I'm in Europe, and there is a mandatory return policy for online purchases only, afaik. If you purchase in a store (like I did), they don't have to take it back, except if they voluntarily offer such a service.
    However, I think it would work without annoyance for the customer, if they ask if he/she would be willing to give feedback. If no, check mark "not wanted", and all is good. If yes, ask a few questions and collect remarks in free format (if available) - and over time, gain much better insight in customer dissatisfaction.

So maybe such a process is in place already (as per experiences made by others in other Apple stores), and my rep was really in a bad mood, and therefore just klicked "not wanted", without even asking me.

Or, those other reps, who asked WHY?, were just better sales reps, and tried to figure out if there was an option to convince the customer to keep the product, or to maybe up-/cross-sell to a different product.
    01-14-2019 05:11 AM
    Stock price are somewhat related to political climate due to current “trade war” on the left hand, while on the right hand, it’s due to other industry factors with the maturity of smartphone existence and lower demand from pricing in Asia with tariffs in China and India but again different causes....
    There’s also iMessage not so relevant because of WeChat and price points of phones in the growing markets.

All the new phones have been selling to work associates and my users (I’m IT admin) but that’s not the whole market.

When I see my users with 5, 6, and 7 phones use Office 365 I keep thinking Apple should do some marketing with Microsoft for a US ad campaign. I’ve seen our staff members change their opinions on phone upgrades when they see Office 365 apps on an all screen phone. They’ve gone and done the XR and XS upgrades - exactly the models supposedly not selling so well.
    01-14-2019 06:11 AM
    FWIW I have seen probably 10 or so Xr in the wild in rural Alabama. About the same that I see for every new model at this point. I have seen a bunch of X/Xs it's just not as easy for me to determine the difference between those unless I see an actual gold one. Haven't noticed very many Max, but some of the X/Xs I think I have seen may be a Max. The new phones are as hard to tell apart to me as the 6/6s and plus varients because one color is the main difference between them unless you can really look close at them.
    BreakingKayfabe and libra89 like this.
    01-14-2019 08:20 AM
    This iPhone XR rocks. Paying the same price per month as I was with my 7, yet I get a device with so many improvements. I’m really at a loss. Amazing phone.
    grover5, libra89 and nikkisharif like this.
    01-21-2019 03:46 PM
    Sold my release day Max 64gb for $1300AUD and got a XR64gb brand new for $700AUD.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    01-22-2019 03:50 AM
    https://www.slashgear.com/iphone-xr-...ined-24563639/

The XR seems to be the best seller so far and I bet the price has a lot to do with it.
    libra89, Just_Me_D and nikkisharif like this.
    01-25-2019 09:30 AM

The XR seems to be the best seller so far and I bet the price has a lot to do with it.
    Interesting. It will be more interesting to know what the new year promotions do.

I take some interest in the purchase decisions my users make (we have 750 employees). I’ve seen some who hesitated to upgrade get XR after seeing Office 365 apps on the all-screen phones. A few former big phone haters got Max to use their laptops, tablets and Kindles less. A personal surprise is seeing my wife and some women in the c suite all of a sudden want the XS.

To me the XR trade in deals out there have me telling staff they should ditch those old phones, take stacked trades where possible, and get the benefit of all screen models. I do warn and point out the advantages of dual cameras and ask my users if they are users of force touch. The cameras are really the only reason I can think of to not love the XR because I live without force touch on my iPad.
    01-26-2019 08:15 AM

That’s based on a survey correct? Not really reliable.
    01-26-2019 11:53 PM
    This iPhone XR rocks. Paying the same price per month as I was with my 7, yet I get a device with so many improvements. I’m really at a loss. Amazing phone.
    I just picked one up for my wife last week. I’m really impressed. Side-by-side with my XS Max there’s a slight difference in the display quality (OLED wins by a narrow margin) but it’s not enough to sway my buying decision. Other than that the experience is virtually on par.
    Really, really nice phone.
    nikkisharif and libra89 like this.
    01-27-2019 06:03 AM
    I just picked one up for my wife last week. I’m really impressed. Side-by-side with my XS Max there’s a slight difference in the display quality (OLED wins by a narrow margin) but it’s not enough to sway my buying decision. Other than that the experience is virtually on par.
    Really, really nice phone.
    Congratulations! Which color did you get her?
    Byrese likes this.
    01-27-2019 08:41 AM
    White
    TripleOne and libra89 like this.
    01-27-2019 08:44 AM
    Ya. When I went in the store screens looked looked REALLY close to too. I just don't get all the fuss.
    01-27-2019 12:42 PM
    I just helped my son set up his new XR and was surprised at what a great device it is ,nice size and very clear and fast .
    01-27-2019 03:44 PM
    I just helped my son set up his new XR and was surprised at what a great device it is ,nice size and very clear and fast .
    From what I've gathered, almost everyone who has purchased an iPhone XR are really impressed by it.
    01-27-2019 04:03 PM
    White
    It's true white too not mirky like my 8.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    01-27-2019 08:45 PM
    It's true white too not mirky like my 8.
    Yep. Put it in a clear Tech21 case and it looks really nice.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    01-27-2019 08:47 PM
    From what I've gathered, almost everyone who has purchased an iPhone XR are really impressed by it.
    I got mine new for $529AUD below retail so i am super impressed I had the X, XS Max, 8, now XR and no complains here. Also picked up $800 by selling the Max, $170 on the 8.
    So ended up being a clean swap for over 1 year old 8 256gb for Brand new XR 64gb.
    Last edited by Cladster; 01-27-2019 at 10:41 PM.
    Byrese, libra89 and nikkisharif like this.
    01-27-2019 08:50 PM
103 12345