XR battery life...yours?

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Battery is 80% right now. I did charge a little in the late morning so that I'd have 100% juice when I went out to go to a dentist appointment. I also did a bit of playing Pokemon Go, so it's definitely a good sign since I last charged around 4 hours ago. The game tends to be a bit of a battery hog, which I haven't noticed all that much with the XR compared to my iPhone 6s and 7.

jonny247

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Battery is 80% right now. I did charge a little in the late morning so that I'd have 100% juice when I went out to go to a dentist appointment. I also did a bit of playing Pokemon Go, so it's definitely a good sign since I last charged around 4 hours ago. The game tends to be a bit of a battery hog, which I haven't noticed all that much with the XR compared to my iPhone 6s and 7.

What version of iOS are you using on your xr?

nakialjohnson83

Jan 16, 2018
Visit site
I am so impressed with the battery life on this XR. I took the phone off the charger at 6:30 AM on Friday morning and it is 9 AM on Saturday morning and I am sitting at 47% still. The first two battery cycles were rough but it seems like after the third one it is evening out.

Brightness at 40%, WiFi and Bluetooth on connected to Apple Watch.

I am very impress with the battery life on my iPhone XR, when I had the iPhone X it didn’t had long lasting battery like the iPhone XR in my opinion

davidnc

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I have been getting great battery life as well on my Xr. Currently on 12.1.2, I am not a heavy data user, more of an medium data user. Screen on time varies between 3-4 hrs a day. I can easily get tho a day and a half, I don't let the battery drain down below 30-35 percent.
I have had a few other phones, I got that type of battery life on as well .
I am happy with the battery life

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
It has been great. Took at the charger at 100% about 12 hrs ago and currently have 52%. I hope there’s not a big drop off between this and the XS I have coming later this week.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Right!!! Don’t get me wrong, it’ll last the day. I’ve just never had an experience where I have more than 20% battery life after 12hrs.

Ah! So long as it gets me through the day and back home without having to charge them I’m fine. Thanks for the real world heads up!

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Ah! So long as it gets me through the day and back home without having to charge them I’m fine. Thanks for the real world heads up!

Nikki's 100% right. That's something that I had to give up when switching to the X. Are you trying it out or will you possibly replace the Xr with it?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Nikki's 100% right. That's something that I had to give up when switching to the X. Are you trying it out or will you possibly replace the Xr with it?

It’s funny. I bought this 64GB (Product) Red XR w/ AppleCare until 11/2020 from Facebook marketplace because I thought it was good deal and would get me back into an iPhone (sold my Androids) with the A12 chip.

I was watching some YouTube and begin to notice how the black bars weren’t as black as an OLED so I went on Swappa and found a great deal on an XS with TGSP installed, extra TGSP, 2 cases and AppleCare until October 2020. Bought it.

While waiting on the seller to ship and using the XR since Sunday, I’m having a bit of buyers remorse and haven’t received the XS yet. lol

The plan has always been to keep the XS once it arrives and list the XR but this is a really good phone. I mean really good.

Sorry for the long post.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
It’s funny. I bought this 64GB (Product) Red XR w/ AppleCare until 11/2020 from Facebook marketplace because I thought it was good deal and would get me back into an iPhone (sold my Androids) with the A12 chip.

I was watching some YouTube and begin to notice how the black bars weren’t as black as an OLED so I went on Swappa and found a great deal on an XS with TSGP installed, extra TSGP, 2 cases and AppleCare until October 2020. Bought it.

While waiting on the seller to ship and using the XR since Sunday, I’m having a bit of buyers remorse and haven’t received the XS yet. lol

The plan has always been to keep the XS once it arrives and list the XR but this is a really good phone. I mean really good.

Sorry for the long post.

Oh wow. That's a really interesting situation (considering the deal you got here) but I understand. I hope you get it soon, but I totally understand the buyers remorse. I felt the same with the first X I got after returning the Xr.

It is tough but if something bothers you, it will probably continue to. The bars probably will continue to.

You're good on the length, I never mind long posts.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2