XR battery life...yours?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Going on 4 days with mine and no problem getting 12 hours of heavy use and still have 20% battery left at the end of the day. I always have a charger wherever I go but haven't been using the chargers since I picked up the XR.

That's the thing that makes me laugh about all the battery life conversation. It's not about how many hours you can get from a full charge, it's about getting from charger to charger. Unless your going somewhere without electricity for a long time any phone will do well. Wireless charging makes it even easier. Top the phone off in the office, in the car, at home, etc. Rarely do I have to worry about battery life.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
That's the thing that makes me laugh about all the battery life conversation. It's not about how many hours you can get from a full charge, it's about getting from charger to charger. Unless your going somewhere without electricity for a long time any phone will do well. Wireless charging makes it even easier. Top the phone off in the office, in the car, at home, etc. Rarely do I have to worry about battery life.

Everyone is different when it comes to this. For me, I prefer not to have phones that I must put on the charger daily. It's different when you must versus when you want to just because.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Everyone is different when it comes to this. For me, I prefer not to have phones that I must put on the charger daily. It's different when you must versus when you want to just because.

I get it. We all certainly have to take our needs and wants into consideration when choosing a product. For me though, I plug my phone in on the way to work, on the way home and at night. I never, ever have to worry about battery life and it's easy as pie.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I get it. We all certainly have to take our needs and wants into consideration when choosing a product. For me though, I plug my phone in on the way to work, on the way home and at night. I never, ever have to worry about battery life and it's easy as pie.

Yeah I believe it for you. That's what makes this choice hard for me. I like it small but nice battery life, like the SE was when it launched.

Trust that a few weeks ago, I considered the idea of getting a battery case for my 7 Now as a student with classrooms with weak reception, it's interesting. I'm not on my phone in class of course but I check during our break and before class.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Yeah I believe it for you. That's what makes this choice hard for me. I like it small but nice battery life, like the SE was when it launched.

Trust that a few weeks ago, I considered the idea of getting a battery case for my 7 Now as a student with classrooms with weak reception, it's interesting. I'm not on my phone in class of course but I check during our break and before class.

Even though my daily is the X, I still have my SE. Love that little bugger!

Will In SF

Oct 30, 2018
Visit site
So far I have found the battery life exemplary...on par or better than my LG V30 which was the best battery of any phone I have owned! Used the XR all day yesterday and went to be with 48% left!

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Knowing the Xr is a battery champ I don’t fret much about whatever the difference may be with my XS Max. I can plug in to and from work or at my desk if I want so most the time my battery is never less than 50%. That said, the fact that one may have to charge the Xr less often means less charge cycles and a longer overall battery life, possibly. At least that’s how I see it. ...but so far I don’t keep a phone longer for even that to be a factor.

But still having a device that easily lasts 1.5-2 days is very impressive.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Knowing the Xr is a battery champ I don’t fret much about whatever the difference may be with my XS Max. I can plug in to and from work or at my desk if I want so most the time my battery is never less than 50%. That said, the fact that one may have to charge the Xr less often means less charge cycles and a longer overall battery life, possibly. At least that’s how I see it. ...but so far I don’t keep a phone longer for even that to be a factor.

But still having a device that easily lasts 1.5-2 days is very impressive.

I agree with you on it being impressive. Haha I believe that for you. I plan to hang out with it for a while so what you said is a gain to me.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Battery life is great on the iPhone XR!!! I play Pokemon Go, which is a battery hog. I would have to frequently charge my iPhone 6s or iPhone 7 when I was using those to play. Actually, with my 7, I was keeping it on the charger when I was working a temp job at the United Nations earlier this year. My XR has been chugging along nicely even after I get back from playing for a couple of hours. With the 7, it got to the point where I would have to charge it after playing at the park with my friend for an hour and a half. A few weeks back, I found my iPhone 7 all the way down to 8% before I finally plugged in the charger and we had only been playing for probably just under 2 hours. This past Sunday was the first time I met my friend to play with this new iPhone XR. I didn't once have to charge in the 3 hours we were there. I even went back out after she drove me back to my neighborhood to play a bit more and still had more than 50% battery left when I got back home. :yes:

Oh, I forgot to add one thing I found notable about the battery... Two days this week, my iPhone XR slid off the wireless charging pad I have. Noticed that in the morning and dreaded having a nearly dead battery. Well, I still had 54% and 61% battery each time, so that's pretty impressive! Both times, the battery was lower when I'd put it on the charging pad, but I guess it slid partially off fairly quickly. Still not bad to still have that much juice after that happened.

JSands1964

May 9, 2017
Visit site
Well since we are both women it's nice to be able to get another woman's opinion haha. I love the X form factor but always wanted something slightly larger. I used to have a 7 plus and hated how big and clunky it was but the 4.7" screen was just way too small for me. I got the max when it came out and literally used it for 6 hours, it was gigantic and I couldn't even use it due to the size.

The XR is an awesome size it's not too big not too small...in my opinion. The cons of it to me are
f2d138548178cbd017f8d42d09ccc1bc.jpg

4. Portrait mode can only work on people. I use my X a lot to take portrait photos of my dog, food and whatever else I want. There is no limitation.

Actually I was able to get a pretty good shot in portrait mode of my cat. Just had to fiddle with the f-stop a bit.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
The battery life in my iPhone XR is amazing. I take it off the charger at 7:45 am and use it all day pretty heavily and go to bed with 81% battery left in the tank. I haven't had a phone with this great of battery life since the Pixel 2 XL, and I've owned every major flagship device that has come out since then.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
The battery life in my iPhone XR is amazing. I take it off the charger at 7:45 am and use it all day pretty heavily and go to bed with 81% battery left in the tank. I haven't had a phone with this great of battery life since the Pixel 2 XL, and I've owned every major flagship device that has come out since then.

Your XR only uses 19% after being on it all day?

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Mine has been great from the start. I actually swapped from the Max as I thought the phone was a little to big. I find the batteries almost identical!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner