XR battery life...yours?

pkguy323

Feb 25, 2018
Visit site
I am so impressed with the battery life on this XR. I took the phone off the charger at 6:30 AM on Friday morning and it is 9 AM on Saturday morning and I am sitting at 47% still. The first two battery cycles were rough but it seems like after the third one it is evening out.

Brightness at 40%, WiFi and Bluetooth on connected to Apple Watch.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Nice! I have a similar experience. I feel like I have been using it heavily (I blame excitement) but it's been nice to just use and not think about battery life. As someone who has never owned a plus iPhone, this is the best battery life I have ever had in any iPhone.

It seems like I get a whole day and some which is really nice.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Nice! I have a similar experience. I feel like I have been using it heavily (I blame excitement) but it's been nice to just use and not think about battery life. As someone who has never owned a plus iPhone, this is the best battery life I have ever had in any iPhone.

It seems like I get a whole day and some which is really nice.

Won't get that on the X

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Agreed!!!! Although my battery lasts all day, it’s nothing even close to the XR. I take my phone off the charger at 6:30 am, and I’m usually at 10% by 9:30pm.

You know what, I was going to add that even though the X battery isn't as good I still get almost a full days usage out of it. I take my phone off the charger same time as you 6:30-7 and depending how much I use the phone I'm either around 20% by 8:30-10pm which hey I can't complain about!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
You know what, I was going to add that even though the X battery isn't as good I still get almost a full days usage out of it. I take my phone off the charger same time as you 6:30-7 and depending how much I use the phone I'm either around 20% by 8:30-10pm which hey I can't complain about!

It’s pretty solid...I can’t complain either!!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I thought I had my crap together and decided on the Xr but I keep second guessing just staying with the X. I can't decide on the gains and losses I get using the Xr

I would go over the pros and cons of both. I love my X, but I also think the XR is a wonderful device. The XR is way too big for me, so it’s not even an option. If it was smaller, I definitely would have replaced my 8 with the XR instead of the XS.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I would go over the pros and cons of both. I love my X, but I also think the XR is a wonderful device. The XR is way too big for me, so it’s not even an option. If it was smaller, I definitely would have replaced my 8 with the XR instead of the XS.

Well since we are both women it's nice to be able to get another woman's opinion haha. I love the X form factor but always wanted something slightly larger. I used to have a 7 plus and hated how big and clunky it was but the 4.7" screen was just way too small for me. I got the max when it came out and literally used it for 6 hours, it was gigantic and I couldn't even use it due to the size.

The XR is an awesome size it's not too big not too small...in my opinion. The cons of it to me are

1. The screen . It's a great LCD display, but I always go for the best display and the OLED display on the X/XS is so good.

2. No 3D touch. I wouldn't say I use 3D touch a lot but I do use it and it's a really nice feature that I sort of missed when using the XR.

3. No telephoto lens. I tend to use the zoom lens more frequently than I think, again...nice feature.

4. Portrait mode can only work on people. I use my X a lot to take portrait photos of my dog, food and whatever else I want. There is no limitation.

Now the pros!
1. SIZE!

2. Portrait mode with single lens. The portrait mode uses the wide angle lens which actually makes it much easier to take a portrait shot. It is not zoomed like the X/XS is and works better in low light. I'm big into photography so this is a super great feature.

3. Battery life! As we said before, it's killer.

4. Stereo speakers. If I do stay with the X and don't get the XS, I won't have those awesome speakers.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Well since we are both women it's nice to be able to get another woman's opinion haha. I love the X form factor but always wanted something slightly larger. I used to have a 7 plus and hated how big and clunky it was but the 4.7" screen was just way too small for me. I got the max when it came out and literally used it for 6 hours, it was gigantic and I couldn't even use it due to the size.

The XR is an awesome size it's not too big not too small...in my opinion. The cons of it to me are

1. The screen . It's a great LCD display, but I always go for the best display and the OLED display on the X/XS is so good.

2. No 3D touch. I wouldn't say I use 3D touch a lot but I do use it and it's a really nice feature that I sort of missed when using the XR.

3. No telephoto lens. I tend to use the zoom lens more frequently than I think, again...nice feature.

4. Portrait mode can only work on people. I use my X a lot to take portrait photos of my dog, food and whatever else I want. There is no limitation.

Now the pros!
1. SIZE!

2. Portrait mode with single lens. The portrait mode uses the wide angle lens which actually makes it much easier to take a portrait shot. It is not zoomed like the X/XS is and works better in low light. I'm big into photography so this is a super great feature.

3. Battery life! As we said before, it's killer.

4. Stereo speakers. If I do stay with the X and don't get the XS, I won't have those awesome speakers.

Personally, I don’t see any cons that are deal breakers. I feel like photo effects that are lacking on the iPhone can be done using an app. I haven’t been been able to check out the screen thoroughly, so I can’t really speak to that. The battery is the best you’ll get in an iPhone. If you really like the device, I say keep it. It’s absolutely lovely. Like I said, if it came in a smaller form factor, I would have one myself.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Personally, I don’t see any cons that are deal breakers. I feel like photo effects that are lacking on the iPhone can be done using an app. I haven’t been been able to check out the screen thoroughly, so I can’t really speak to that. The battery is the best you’ll get in an iPhone. If you really like the device, I say keep it. It’s absolutely lovely. Like I said, if it came in a smaller form factor, I would have one myself.

I forgot to mention, I'm really big into tech especially smartphones. I always want the latest and greatest so I just personally feel like the XR is a "downgrade" for me. I keep hearing everyone say this device is perfect for people coming from the 6,7 and 8....which I'm not.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I forgot to mention, I'm really big into tech especially smartphones. I always want the latest and greatest so I just personally feel like the XR is a "downgrade" for me. I keep hearing everyone say this device is perfect for people coming from the 6,7 and 8....which I'm not.

It's perfect for anyone who wants it. It doesn't matter what they had prior.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I understand where you’re coming from. I’m really into tech as well, and work in IT. I think it’s a great device regardless of what device someone is coming from. This was going to be the first year that I didn’t get a new iPhone, then my 8 (business device) died. I’m still not impressed with the XS & never compared the two when I was in the Apple Store. I think you should go with your gut, which I’m sure would be the device that works best for you.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I understand where you’re coming from. I’m really into tech as well, and work in IT. I think it’s a great device regardless of what device someone is coming from. This was going to be the first year that I didn’t get a new iPhone, then my 8 (business device) died. I’m still not impressed with the XS & never compared the two when I was in the Apple Store. I think you should go with your gut, which I’m sure would be the device that works best for you.

What about it aren't you impressed with? Didn't you have an X too?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
What about it aren't you impressed with? Didn't you have an X too?

I still have my X, as my personal device. The XS camera isn’t as good as the X. Yes, there are a few new camera effects, but what’s the point if the original looks bad. I, also, see no difference in speed or Face ID. It’s the same phone with a mediocre camera, that I now have in gold🤷🏾*♀️

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods