Something that surprised you with the XR?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
For those of you who have seen or used a XR, what's something that surprised you about it?

For me, I was surprised about the display after seeing it on in an Apple Store and now using it for the moment, I continue to be surprised.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
For those of you who have seen or used a XR, what's something that surprised you about it?

For me, I was surprised about the display after seeing it on in an Apple Store and now using it for the moment, I continue to be surprised.

I was also surprised by the display. I am extremely impressed with the device, comparing it to my X and trying to decide which one I will be keeping. I am trying to weigh out what is more important to me at this point with the losses and gains of each device....I'm stuck.

Some apps do need to be updated though because text does look pixelated. Specifically the Gmail and YouTube app I have noticed the text being pixelated vs using the web browser for both sites.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

The screen did not really surprise me. I thought the "spec warriors" were freaking out over a non-issue. It's the same resolution as Apple's previous Retina displays for "normal" (not Plus) phones, which have always looked good -- and I knew since they were calling it "Liquid Retina" that they'd have improved the look even further.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Honestly what surprised me is they developed the Xr at all.

The 5c was a bargain device but had similar specs to the i5 but the Xr is a ground up device as Apple never had a 6.1 inch design to work off of.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I was also surprised by the display. I am extremely impressed with the device, comparing it to my X and trying to decide which one I will be keeping. I am trying to weigh out what is more important to me at this point with the losses and gains of each device....I'm stuck.

Some apps do need to be updated though because text does look pixelated. Specifically the Gmail and YouTube app I have noticed the text being pixelated vs using the web browser for both sites.

Agreed. I feel like Instagram is pixelated too.

That's a hard choice! Let us know what you choose, please? I'm wondering if I should do a X instead, just for size reasons.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Agreed. I feel like Instagram is pixelated too.

That's a hard choice! Let us know what you choose, please? I'm wondering if I should do a X instead, just for size reasons.

See I'm the opposite on size. I love the XR size, hated the Max size it was way too cumbersome, and the X is kinda crammed but I do love the form factor

davidnc

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Actually I walked into the Apple Store fully expecting to buy the Xs Max. I had already researched them both before driving to the store .
I already have a phone close to the size of the Xs Max , and was preferring a the second phone to be no bigger then it.
But the price was not a factor in which I picked.
But after playing with them awhile both ,I choose the Xr. I take some pictures but not a bunch like a lot do. So not really that much of a photographer type. :) But eventually ruled out most of the differences the Xs Max has over the Xr .

The little bit smaller size, also the thickness of the phone, and the little bit heavier weight. Also loved the screen, different colors, its fast,etc . I'm still glad I went with the Xr. So I kinda Surprised myself :)

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Actually I walked into the Apple Store fully expecting to buy the Xs Max. I had already researched them both before driving to the store .
I already have a phone close to the size of the Xs Max , and was preferring a the second phone to be no bigger then it.
But the price was not a factor in which I picked.
But after playing with them awhile both ,I choose the Xr. I take some pictures but not a bunch like a lot do. So not really that much of a photographer type. :) But eventually ruled out most of the differences the Xs Max has over the Xr .

The little bit smaller size, also the thickness of the phone, and the little bit heavier weight. Also loved the screen, different colors, its fast,etc . I'm still glad I went with the Xr. So I kinda Surprised myself :)

You’re a pixel user aren’t you? I recognize your name from the AC forums. Welcome!!

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
One thing that surprised me about the XR - but not pleasantly so - is that my reception was no better in two places where I typically get spotty service (my bowling alley and the BJ's where I shop). I figured band 71 would improve that, but I guess it's more of a T-Mobile thing than an iPhone XR thing, come to think of it.

davidnc

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Nice! Is the XR going to be your primary device?

I using it as my Primary now. I always use my newest phone as a primary at first. Actually at this time of year I carry both phones.

I switch back and forth when I want a change after a while.
I don't switch SIM cards or anything like that . All my friends know both my numbers.
What i mean by switch is use one phone for doing all the phone calls I make, app use, take pics, etc.
But if someone calls the other phone I still answer it.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Trusted Member
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I using it as my Primary now. I always use my newest phone as a primary at first. Actually at this time of year I carry both phones.

I switch back and forth when I want a change after a while.
I don't switch SIM cards or anything like that . All my friends know both my numbers.
What i mean by switch is use one phone for doing all the phone calls I make, app use, take pics, etc.
But if someone calls the other phone I still answer it.
Dual wield phones like Anakin Skywalker did lightsabers in Star Wars...lol

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
One thing that surprised me about the XR - but not pleasantly so - is that my reception was no better in two places where I typically get spotty service (my bowling alley and the BJ's where I shop). I figured band 71 would improve that, but I guess it's more of a T-Mobile thing than an iPhone XR thing, come to think of it.

I'm not even on T-Mobile but I feel like I noticed the same with reception being no different. I thought it was just me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234