Something that surprised you with the XR?

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I actually have an X, and refuse to pay $1,000 again for basically the same exact device with little enhancements that I can basically get on the XR minus the OLED display. I will definitely miss the OLED display, that is what has kept me creeping back to my X.

I really love the XR size, the camera I feel is ever better than my X even though it doesn't have the dual lens. Now that it has the haptic feedback on the lock screen I want to give it a THIRD try! Third time's a charm right????!!!

So if Apple already implemented the haptic feedback on the lock screen for notifications, I am very confident an update down the road will add portrait mode to objects. In the meantime Halide is a great third party camera app that allows for that feature. I bought the XR last night and will get back to everyone once I receive it! Haha this is wild.

Glad to hear I’m not the only “crazy” one! Good luck this time.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
You do know about the apple trade in special right?? They are offering I believe $250 for an iPhone 7 trade in towards an XR and free next day delivery. Would make the base model $500 which is a very good deal!

I do know about that but when I returned my XR I spoke to someone on the phone at Verizon and he advised waiting until the week of Dec. 16 for the Christmas deals to come out. Take this for what it is worth but he “thought” they might be having a BOGO free without having to trade in or add a new line. So I thought it would be smart to at least wait, and see. If I don’t then I may go through Apple for the trade in.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I do know about that but when I returned my XR I spoke to someone on the phone at Verizon and he advised waiting until the week of Dec. 16 for the Christmas deals to come out. Take this for what it is worth but he “thought” they might be having a BOGO free without having to trade in or add a new line. So I thought it would be smart to at least wait, and see. If I don’t then I may go through Apple for the trade in.

Yeah usually they make you add a line for a free device. Not sure how long the apple trade in bonus is good for

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Yeah usually they make you add a line for a free device. Not sure how long the apple trade in bonus is good for

Apple has had a trade in program for some time now. This year Apple decided to go with a new company so they could tie the “Give Back trade in” with your order of your new phone, so you get a direct credit back for your purchase to your bank account or credit card and anything over that will be in the form of an Apple Store gift card.

https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in#mn_p

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Apple has had a trade in program for some time now. This year Apple decided to go with a new company so they could tie the “Give Back trade in” with your order of your new phone, so you get a direct credit back for your purchase to your bank account or credit card and anything over that will be in the form of an Apple Store gift card.

https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in#mn_p

What I was referring to was this...

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/11/27/apple-iphone-trade-in-bonus-credit/

They have added a bonus $100 to some devices being traded in. For the 7, instead of $175 it is $250 now

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I actually have an X, and refuse to pay $1,000 again for basically the same exact device with little enhancements that I can basically get on the XR minus the OLED display. I will definitely miss the OLED display, that is what has kept me creeping back to my X.

I really love the XR size, the camera I feel is ever better than my X even though it doesn't have the dual lens. Now that it has the haptic feedback on the lock screen I want to give it a THIRD try! Third time's a charm right????!!!

So if Apple already implemented the haptic feedback on the lock screen for notifications, I am very confident an update down the road will add portrait mode to objects. In the meantime Halide is a great third party camera app that allows for that feature. I bought the XR last night and will get back to everyone once I receive it! Haha this is wild.

What color and storage did you get?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods