I went back to my 7... for now . I do miss the XR. I’m waiting to see what Christmas specials are coming and then will decide on the XR or XS. I will probably go with the XS and then decide within the 14 days if I keeping it or going back to the XR.

I can’t remember. Did you keep your XR? If not what are you using now?
    Ah okay, gotcha. Aww I get that. I think you have a great plan here.

Nope, I returned it on day 11. I decided to get a X in really good condition instead so that's what I'm using now. The size feels wonderful in comparison but I do miss things about the Xr.
    12-06-2018 08:21 AM
    Ah okay, gotcha. Aww I get that. I think you have a great plan here.

Nope, I returned it on day 11. I decided to get a X in really good condition instead so that's what I'm using now. The size feels wonderful in comparison but I do miss things about the Xr.
    Oh yes now I remember you telling me that before. Glad you are happy with your choice. I’ll keep you posted on my progress
    libra89 likes this.
    12-06-2018 08:40 AM
    Getting rid of the XS? And you are ok with not having the OLED? How many XR’s are this for you?. I returned my XR as well because of no haptic touch on the lock screen. I may now reconsider the XR as well. If only they added portrait mode to everything and not just humans.
    I actually have an X, and refuse to pay $1,000 again for basically the same exact device with little enhancements that I can basically get on the XR minus the OLED display. I will definitely miss the OLED display, that is what has kept me creeping back to my X.

I really love the XR size, the camera I feel is ever better than my X even though it doesn't have the dual lens. Now that it has the haptic feedback on the lock screen I want to give it a THIRD try! Third time's a charm right????!!!

So if Apple already implemented the haptic feedback on the lock screen for notifications, I am very confident an update down the road will add portrait mode to objects. In the meantime Halide is a great third party camera app that allows for that feature. I bought the XR last night and will get back to everyone once I receive it! Haha this is wild.
    libra89, bgl321 and MasterDarque like this.
    12-06-2018 09:10 AM
    I went back to my 7... for now . I do miss the XR. I’m waiting to see what Christmas specials are coming and then will decide on the XR or XS. I will probably go with the XS and then decide within the 14 days if I keeping it or going back to the XR.

I can’t remember. Did you keep your XR? If not what are you using now?
    You do know about the apple trade in special right?? They are offering I believe $250 for an iPhone 7 trade in towards an XR and free next day delivery. Would make the base model $500 which is a very good deal!
    bgl321 likes this.
    12-06-2018 09:12 AM
    You do know about the apple trade in special right?? They are offering I believe $250 for an iPhone 7 trade in towards an XR and free next day delivery. Would make the base model $500 which is a very good deal!
    I took advantage of Apple’s Buyback program when I got my iPhone XR with the Preorder. Apple gave me $350 for my iPhone 8, then. Now I think they are giving $300.
    12-06-2018 09:53 AM
    I actually have an X, and refuse to pay $1,000 again for basically the same exact device with little enhancements that I can basically get on the XR minus the OLED display. I will definitely miss the OLED display, that is what has kept me creeping back to my X.

I really love the XR size, the camera I feel is ever better than my X even though it doesn't have the dual lens. Now that it has the haptic feedback on the lock screen I want to give it a THIRD try! Third time's a charm right????!!!

So if Apple already implemented the haptic feedback on the lock screen for notifications, I am very confident an update down the road will add portrait mode to objects. In the meantime Halide is a great third party camera app that allows for that feature. I bought the XR last night and will get back to everyone once I receive it! Haha this is wild.
    Glad to hear I’m not the only “crazy” one! Good luck this time.
    12-06-2018 11:21 AM
    Glad to hear I’m not the only “crazy” one! Good luck this time.
    Yes, we aren't the only ones trust me! It definitely says something about the XR though. I think apple gave us a little too much to choose from this year.
    libra89 and bgl321 like this.
    12-06-2018 11:25 AM
    I'm surprised that I don't have one yet
    bgl321 likes this.
    12-06-2018 11:44 AM
    I do know about that but when I returned my XR I spoke to someone on the phone at Verizon and he advised waiting until the week of Dec. 16 for the Christmas deals to come out. Take this for what it is worth but he “thought” they might be having a BOGO free without having to trade in or add a new line. So I thought it would be smart to at least wait, and see. If I don’t then I may go through Apple for the trade in.
    12-06-2018 01:33 PM
    I'm surprised that I don't have one yet
    What do you have now?
    12-06-2018 01:35 PM
    I do know about that but when I returned my XR I spoke to someone on the phone at Verizon and he advised waiting until the week of Dec. 16 for the Christmas deals to come out. Take this for what it is worth but he “thought” they might be having a BOGO free without having to trade in or add a new line. So I thought it would be smart to at least wait, and see. If I don’t then I may go through Apple for the trade in.
    Yeah usually they make you add a line for a free device. Not sure how long the apple trade in bonus is good for
    bgl321 likes this.
    12-06-2018 01:35 PM
    What do you have now?
    iPhone X
    bgl321 likes this.
    12-06-2018 01:51 PM
    Yeah usually they make you add a line for a free device. Not sure how long the apple trade in bonus is good for
    Apple has had a trade in program for some time now. This year Apple decided to go with a new company so they could tie the “Give Back trade in” with your order of your new phone, so you get a direct credit back for your purchase to your bank account or credit card and anything over that will be in the form of an Apple Store gift card.

https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in#mn_p
    12-06-2018 03:16 PM
    Apple has had a trade in program for some time now. This year Apple decided to go with a new company so they could tie the “Give Back trade in” with your order of your new phone, so you get a direct credit back for your purchase to your bank account or credit card and anything over that will be in the form of an Apple Store gift card.

https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in#mn_p
    What I was referring to was this...

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/11/27...-bonus-credit/

They have added a bonus $100 to some devices being traded in. For the 7, instead of $175 it is $250 now
    bgl321 likes this.
    12-06-2018 03:19 PM
    What I was referring to was this...

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/11/27...-bonus-credit/

They have added a bonus $100 to some devices being traded in. For the 7, instead of $175 it is $250 now
    But at the time of the preorder in October, it was $300 for the iPhone 7, if I am not mistaken and $315 for the iPhone 7 Plus. Apple was giving credit back up to $525 at that time for ordering the XR, now it is up to $500
    Last edited by scruffypig; 12-06-2018 at 08:00 PM.
    12-06-2018 03:29 PM

What color and storage did you get?
    12-06-2018 10:11 PM
    What color and storage did you get?
    Red 128GB
    bgl321, libra89 and metalchick719 like this.
    12-06-2018 10:36 PM
    Red 128GB
    What color did you have the other two times?
    libra89 likes this.
    12-06-2018 10:46 PM
93 ... 234