Why are some people viewing the iPhone XR as an illegitimate iPhone?

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Very interesting. I’ve never noticed my XS M display looking fake to me. Just the opposite, in fact. I really must see an Xr this week.

It looked good, just something that would drive me nuts after a while. I am holding out for MicroLED. It is what Apple is using on the watches.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I wonder how many that have an Xr have complaints about the screen quality. It may be different on paper than the other X phones but from what I’ve seen folks love it. If my Max had a 326ppi display I doubt I’d enjoy the device any less. In fact, with an LCD display like the Xr wouldn’t there be less chance, at least theoretically, of screen burn-in?

It doesn't bother me at all. The screen is nice enough for me. Again, I don't have the X or any Xs series phone to compare it to but on it's own, it's fine.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Just got done returning an employees XS Max due to the signal/modem issues that made the phone worthless. He decided to get the XR since those haven't been having any issues. I have the X and between the 3 devices, its very difficult for me to see the difference of screens in day to day apps. Videos is where I can tell the difference but the XR still looks very nice. If I was wanting to get one of the new phones it would without a doubt be the XR. Extremely disappointed in the XS series.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Just got done returning an employees XS Max due to the signal/modem issues that made the phone worthless. He decided to get the XR since those haven't been having any issues. I have the X and between the 3 devices, its very difficult for me to see the difference of screens in day to day apps. Videos is where I can tell the difference but the XR still looks very nice. If I was wanting to get one of the new phones it would without a doubt be the XR. Extremely disappointed in the XS series.

Disappointed??? Why?

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Disappointed??? Why?

The signal/modem is trash. We exchanged 4 of them before giving up. Lte would show signal but every app would say “no internet connection”. We watched wifi go from connected to LTE yesterday like it was having a seizure while the 2 X’s we have had zero issues. The LTE speedtests were under 2 mbps while the X’s were in the 90’s.

Same problem that is all over the apple forums and there isnt a fix in sight.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
The signal/modem is trash. We exchanged 4 of them before giving up. Lte would show signal but every app would say “no internet connection”. We watched wifi go from connected to LTE yesterday like it was having a seizure while the 2 X’s we have had zero issues. The LTE speedtests were under 2 mbps while the X’s were in the 90’s.

Same problem that is all over the apple forums and there isnt a fix in sight.

d2f8be160fb2e09bc2f37ae45aa9eb82.jpg

No problem here. Faster than my 8+.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site

Thats fantastic for you. Not so much for everyone else having the issues. Gets real interesting when you get into a low signal area and the phone cant even make a call.

Apple has already announced theres an issue and they are looking into it. Short of allowing folks to keep returning the phones until the get one that works, I don't see how they will patch a hardware issue.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Thats fantastic for you. Not so much for everyone else having the issues. Gets real interesting when you get into a low signal area and the phone cant even make a call.

Apple has already announced theres an issue and they are looking into it. Short of allowing folks to keep returning the phones until the get one that works, I don't see how they will patch a hardware issue.

I googled it hard and can’t find any legitimate stories about LTE issues with the XS or Max. I saw a few that were related to iOS 12 but not the XS phones in particular.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Several of those articles and threads say the XR is affected too. It also seems to be more of a Verizon issue.

Its been listed for every single carrier and specifically for the XS model. Look, Im happy you aren't having issues but just because you aren't doesn't mean the hundreds of posts and Apple acknowledging it are somehow false.

There is clearly an issue for Apple to start reaching out and asking people to install the diagnostic tool to try and figure out what can be done. The fact of the matter is the new setup in the XS series is a problem for a lot of folks. Even the guys at the Apple store today acknowledged that they have been instructed to exchange devices for people having the problem.

Explained pretty well from this article alone.

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/09/24/iphone-xs-xs-max-wifi-lte-connectivity-issues/

Oddly enough, the new XR with the same sim that was in the XS Max is now getting the same speeds and connection our X's are getting. I don't think thats just a coincidence since they use the same modem and antennas.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices