Hello,

Hope everyone is well! The iPhone Xr, if I buy it from Apple.com and choose the T-Mobile version and pay full price will I be able to throw my Cricket sim card in it and work? I know it says "unlocked iPhone with T-Mobile sim" but these carriers I know like to play tricks.

If anyone has done what I am looking to do it I would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks
    10-27-2018 09:38 PM
    If the device comes unlocked then yes, you should be able to insert a different carrier’s SIM.
    I have purchased several Verizon brand iPhones because they typically came unlocked and then used them with another carrier.
    Tartarus and aximtreo like this.
    10-27-2018 09:49 PM
    Hello,

Hope everyone is well! The iPhone Xr, if I buy it from Apple.com and choose the T-Mobile version and pay full price will I be able to throw my Cricket sim card in it and work? I know it says "unlocked iPhone with T-Mobile sim" but these carriers I know like to play tricks.

Thanks
    If you buy an ‘unlocked’ phone and it appears to be locked anyway, you can ask for a full refund because of false advertising.
    10-27-2018 10:23 PM
    As long as it's unlocked you can use it with any carrier.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-27-2018 10:24 PM
    If it’s from t-mobile it will probably be locked. Any time you pick other than “sim unlocked “ it will be locked to that carrier except maybe Verizon.
    10-28-2018 11:27 PM
    If you buy the T-Mobile model at full retail price from apple, then it will be unlocked out of the box. If you buy it directly from T-Mobile at full retail price, then it will be locked.

@OP - Hope this helps.
    libra89 and metalchick719 like this.
    10-29-2018 10:37 AM
    Hello,

Thanks
    If you’re going to buy an XR, buy the AT&T model. They own Cricket, so you can pop your sim in and go with no problem. If you buy it from an Apple Store, they’re all the same model number and won’t be “locked” unless you buy it with carrier financing. Hope this helps
    10-31-2018 01:44 AM
    If you buy the T-Mobile model at full retail price from apple, then it will be unlocked out of the box. If you buy it directly from T-Mobile at full retail price, then it will be locked.

@OP - Hope this helps.
    This is what I was told. It even says it on the Apple Store checkout page that it is unlocked.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/How-...ocked_id110164

I did this. I'll report back when I can, as a fellow cricket subscriber.

Edit: Picked up one and did this and it works just fine!
    Last edited by libra89; 10-31-2018 at 09:36 PM.
    10-31-2018 12:52 PM