Anybody getting an Xr?

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
I don't care what anyone else thinks of it. I said from the start that I believe people will be impressed by the LCD display. I've also maintained that I wouldn't have a problem with an LCD display on the iPhone, especially being that I enjoy one on my work-issued MacBook Air. The iPhone XR is fast, well-built, and typing on it is better than it is on my iPhone X. In addition, its overall size doesn't feel big to me like the XS Max does.

Just do it. The XR was first iPhone that wasn’t a self hand me down from buying a new kids a newer iPhone. I’ve always been a BB or Android guy, but I love my XR from day one.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I returned my 256GB iPhone XR on day 14 of 14. I couldn't handle that I spent $900 on a phone that didn't have a QHD display, 4x4 MIMO, IP68 rating, and portrait mode for non-humans (who wants to buy a $6 app to get something that should be standard?). I decided to spend $50 more to get a Pixel 3 XL, which has a QHD display, IP68 rating, 4x4 MIMO, and all the latest specs in the Android world. I don't understand the point of the iPhone XR. I mean, spend $100 more and get last year's iPhone X. It has better specs, IMO.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I returned my 256GB iPhone XR on day 14 of 14. I couldn't handle that I spent $900 on a phone that didn't have a QHD display, 4x4 MIMO, IP68 rating, and portrait mode for non-humans (who wants to buy a $6 app to get something that should be standard?). I decided to spend $50 more to get a Pixel 3 XL, which has a QHD display, IP68 rating, 4x4 MIMO, and all the latest specs in the Android world. I don't understand the point of the iPhone XR. I mean, spend $100 more and get last year's iPhone X. It has better specs, IMO.

I understand not wanting to spend $900, however, I also understand not wanting to spend more of a previous year’s device.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
There are lots of choices in the smartphone world. No one model fits everyone’s needs. Find the one you like most (not easy as we can see in this and other threads) and be happy with your choice.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
There are lots of choices in the smartphone world. No one model fits everyone’s needs. Find the one you like most (not easy as we can see in this and other threads) and be happy with your choice.

This is the best decision to follow. I had the Xr and really liked it but I went with the X purely because of size. The X isn't so much better to me, it's just better in that area of things.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
This is the best decision to follow. I had the Xr and really liked it but I went with the X purely because of size. The X isn't so much better to me, it's just better in that area of things.

I too purchased an X about a month prior to the XR coming out.
It was used so about half the original price. 256gb of storage. Still relatively new and does everything I need. It was a no brainer (for me).

I see a lot of phone flipping on here. I get it, I used to be similar. Looking for the holy grail of smartphones. Now I just settle on the phone that clicks the most buttons for me, without spending an arm and a leg, and stick with it. Much less unnecessary stress.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Still rocking along on my 128 gig red. *probably will still be here in 3-4 years down the road too lol. My wife wants it now and I would switch to her 7 plus if it wasn’t for her Apple Watch lte taking a good bit of time switching around and then re-forwarding the number again. She has decided she will just wait for greater things next year cause she still loves her 7 plus anyway.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I should have gotten the Xr. The XS Max seems a tad too big since I can’t reach the top corners one handed, and the Xr comes in actual black. BLACK! No black on the flagships??? Ugh

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
So at this rate you’ll be back with a XS Max by the first week of January.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I just picked up a white 128GB Xr to compliment my 256GB SG XS Max. I love the XR! The size is perfect, the battery life outstanding, and the screen is wonderful. I like this phone a lot more than I expected.

rsgoldens

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I just picked up a Red 128 for my work line. I like it so far. I have a an X that I was using for work and an XS Max for my personal line. I think I will keep the X for a backup or if I need a more pocketable phone for when I'm out and about for my personal line.
This Xr is the perfect size and battery life is great. The screen looks fine and it's also nice that they have the 128 option.

Arrowhead1587

Dec 25, 2018
Visit site
Just became the proud owner of a 128GB yellow! I just couldn’t justify the price of a XS or Max over the XR and I absolutely LOVE the form factor coming from an 8 Plus. If they don’t follow up this model with something I think I’ll be keeping it for a good while!