Anybody getting an Xr?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
The other stuff is pretty cool, but for me this doesn't matter one bit . Not as a nationalist point of view, just as an in general point of view I don't really care what the world does lol.

I guess, to be more clear, it is a sport that doesn’t require tons of money to play. Many sports can only be played at a young age with parents who have money to pay for equipment, ice time, lessons, etc. Soccer only needs a ball and not an official one at that. You can find many kids in poorer countries playing it in a dirt road with any ball. I think that’s kinda cool.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was at Best Buy today messing around with the iPhone XR and like before, I almost bought one. Even my son was impressed with the device.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I am giving the XR another go. I only lasted one day a month ago before returning it (for an XS) because it so much bigger than my 7. It overwhelmed me . Returned the XS too because of the price... everything else I liked.

This time around feels different, in a good way, after the first 24 hours. I think stepping back from it all and reading all the reviews, I realized this thing offers almost everything the XS does for a significantly cheaper price.

I’ll find out in 13 days if I still feel the same but so far the second go around is off to a more promising start.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am giving the XR another go. I only lasted one day a month ago before returning it (for an XS) because it so much bigger than my 7. It overwhelmed me . Returned the XS too because of the price... everything else I liked.

This time around feels different, in a good way, after the first 24 hours. I think stepping back from it all and reading all the reviews, I realized this thing offers almost everything the XS does for a significantly cheaper price.

I’ll find out in 13 days if I still feel the same but so far the second go around is off to a more promising start.
I don't care what anyone else thinks of it. I said from the start that I believe people will be impressed by the LCD display. I've also maintained that I wouldn't have a problem with an LCD display on the iPhone, especially being that I enjoy one on my work-issued MacBook Air. The iPhone XR is fast, well-built, and typing on it is better than it is on my iPhone X. In addition, its overall size doesn't feel big to me like the XS Max does.

Last edited:

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't care what anyone else thinks of it. I said from the start that I believe people will be impressed by the LCD display. I've also maintained that I wouldn't have a problem with an LCD display on the iPhone, especially being that I enjoy one on my work-issued MacBook Air. The iPhone XR is fast, well-built, and typing on it is better than it is on my iPhone X. In addition, it's overall size doesn't feel big to me like the XS Max does.

Agree completely! The LCD was never an issue for me. I said that the first time I had it. It’s great! Typing is definitely more comfortable than my 7 and the XS. The overall size is the biggest factor for me. I’m 5’6” so my hands aren’t big. Hopefully that is something I will be able to get used to.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I still see vibrant pictures and am just amazed at how they pop on this screen. I'm sure the OLED is better, but I'm still very happy and thrilled with mine!

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site

I as well tried the XR not twice but 3 times. Lasted two days on each color I got! I couldn't deal with the compromise of the LCD screen when I've been on OLED for so long. The LCD isn't a bad display, just hard to settle on that for me. I'm sticking to my X as I don't really see the need in upgrading to an XS

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I as well tried the XR not twice but 3 times. Lasted two days on each color I got! I couldn't deal with the compromise of the LCD screen when I've been on OLED for so long. The LCD isn't a bad display, just hard to settle on that for me. I'm sticking to my X as I don't really see the need in upgrading to an XS

Well, no one can say you didn't try!
Is there a reason you were thinking of switching? Something you don't like about the X?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I tried enough! I want a bigger screen without having to spend over $800

I'm glad that you decided on keeping the X after all, lol.

I get you though. I like that the Xr is just different and I think about that a little more than I should. However, my hand and fingers thank me for going smaller.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't care what anyone else thinks of it. I said from the start that I believe people will be impressed by the LCD display. I've also maintained that I wouldn't have a problem with an LCD display on the iPhone, especially being that I enjoy one on my work-issued MacBook Air. The iPhone XR is fast, well-built, and typing on it is better than it is on my iPhone X. In addition, its overall size doesn't feel big to me like the XS Max does.

Pick up mine a week ago, very impressed with the LCD, the speed and smoothness. Haven't any regrets.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm glad that you decided on keeping the X after all, lol.

I get you though. I like that the Xr is just different and I think about that a little more than I should. However, my hand and fingers thank me for going smaller.

Yeah, I agree...it's a special device but for whatever reason it isn't doing well, nor are the XS and XS Max sales. They are bringing back the X to sell...they should have never discontinued it in the first place

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I was so tempted by the XR since I could upgrade to max storage cheaper than my X, but I've decided to just take a break after using the Upgrade Program the last 3 times and see what comes next year. One of the features I would have loved to have had from the XS/XR phones is the adjustable depth for portrait photos, but ummm, Google Photos just added that into their editing tools and it works on photos from my X as well. It's probably not as perfect as the native app combined with better depth maps on the new phones, but for the price it's definitely a good deal lol.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I was so tempted by the XR since I could upgrade to max storage cheaper than my X, but I've decided to just take a break after using the Upgrade Program the last 3 times and see what comes next year. One of the features I would have loved to have had from the XS/XR phones is the adjustable depth for portrait photos, but ummm, Google Photos just added that into their editing tools and it works on photos from my X as well. It's probably not as perfect as the native app combined with better depth maps on the new phones, but for the price it's definitely a good deal lol.

I as well have decided to stick with my X until next year. My X is still working extremely well, battery health is great and I can't justify spending that amount of money to go for an XS. As you said, the depth effect on Google photos is a super nice addition to us X users!

The one thing I love on the XR is the portrait mode with the single lens....that is what I miss most, but I just couldn't stick to the device due to missing the OLED display and 3D touch on my X. The compromises were too great for me to get rid of.