Anybody getting an Xr?

Chargerman165

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Have a Xs Max and needed to get an additional phone for business reasons. Bought an Xs because upgraded from X to the Max and loved the X and the Xs was bought before the Xr came launched. Say the Xr and liked it was within the return period and swapped the Xs for the Xr. Was not a fan of the Xr. Mother in law needed upgrade from her old Moto X so gave the Xr to her and got another Xs. Now I am very happy and so is she because she doesn't know the difference. I know Xs and Xs Max is more money but I have to say if you want a phone with quality in my opinion they are worth it. Xr nice phone but Xs and Xs Max much nicer.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Have a Xs Max and needed to get an additional phone for business reasons. Bought an Xs because upgraded from X to the Max and loved the X and the Xs was bought before the Xr came launched. Say the Xr and liked it was within the return period and swapped the Xs for the Xr. Was not a fan of the Xr. Mother in law needed upgrade from her old Moto X so gave the Xr to her and got another Xs. Now I am very happy and so is she because she doesn't know the difference. I know Xs and Xs Max is more money but I have to say if you want a phone with quality in my opinion they are worth it. Xr nice phone but Xs and Xs Max much nicer.

For me, the $250 base difference isn't justifiable for me but I understand how it is justifiable to others.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I find it odd that Apple isn’t making cases for the xr. I wound up getting the X. I contemplated the Xr And would have been really bummed to not be able to put an Apple case on it.

Why? You can get plenty of quality third-party cases for a fraction of what Apple charges. I'm happy with my Luvvitt case. It even came with a free tempered glass screen protector.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Why? You can get plenty of quality third-party cases for a fraction of what Apple charges. I'm happy with my Luvvitt case. It even came with a free tempered glass screen protector.

Because I personally love the look and feel of the apple leather cases. I have ventured out and tried others (I have a case addiction ) but always come back to apple. That’s my opinion.

jonny247

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi I have had a iPhone 7 for 2 year and was thinking of going to the iPhone xr tho I am not to sure is it worth updating and how do
People find it with 3D Touch missing ?

m_thoroughbred

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi I have had a iPhone 7 for 2 year and was thinking of going to the iPhone xr tho I am not to sure is it worth updating and how do
People find it with 3D Touch missing ?
My advise is go to your local apple store and play with the phone for a while. In order for you to make a decision you have to see for yourself. Try not to take people opinions to help make your decision cause what they like might not be what you like and viceversa. And in regards to 3D Touch the question you should be asking is how much do you use it and how it has become important in the way you interact with your phone. Hope this helps.

davidnc

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't going to get a new phone this year. But went to the Apple store yesterday checked out the Xs Max and the Xr.

Lately been kicking around the ideal of updating my 2016 iphone SE.

I knew the Xr did not have the dual cameras,3D touch, and not the same screen.
I don't take a huge amount of pics not a photographer , not having the 3D touch isnt a big deal to me,
After going back and forth between those 2 phones awhile I decided to get the Xr over the Xs Max .The price alone wasn't that much of a factor in my decision.
It was definitely an step up over the 2016 SE.
I also have a Pixel 2 XL( on another line) and the Xs Max was pretty close to its physical size.I was wanting a smaller phone then my Pixel XL.
I actually like the fact that the Xr is a little thicker, feels good in my hand.
Its to early to comment much about the battery life but, from what I seen so far its going to be great.

I purchased the Xr 128 GB in Blue

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I wasn't going to get a new phone this year. But went to the Apple store yesterday checked out the Xs Max and the Xr.

Lately been kicking around the ideal of updating my 2016 iphone SE.

I knew the Xr did not have the dual cameras,3D touch, and not the same screen.
I don't take a huge amount of pics not a photographer , not having the 3D touch isnt a big deal to me,
After going back and forth between those 2 phones awhile I decided to get the Xr over the Xs Max .The price alone wasn't that much of a factor in my decision.
It was definitely an step up over the 2016 SE.
I also have a Pixel 2 XL( on another line) and the Xs Max was pretty close to its physical size.I was wanting a smaller phone then my Pixel XL.
I actually like the fact that the Xr is a little thicker, feels good in my hand.
Its to early to comment much about the battery life but, from what I seen so far its going to be great.

I purchased the Xr 128 GB in Blue

Congrats! I hope you enjoy your new Xr.

As for battery life, it's early but I just charged my Xr last night at bedtime for the first time since the initial charge Wednesday evening. A whole day and I didn't limit any of my usage. Even then, it was at 40% when I put it on to charge. I'm sure I could have powered through my workday with that too but as I have plans after, I didn't want to do that to myself.

davidnc

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Congrats! I hope you enjoy your new Xr.

As for battery life, it's early but I just charged my Xr last night at bedtime for the first time since the initial charge Wednesday evening. A whole day and I didn't limit any of my usage. Even then, it was at 40% when I put it on to charge. I'm sure I could have powered through my workday with that too but as I have plans after, I didn't want to do that to myself.
Yeah sounds good. Im the same way I dont let my battery drain all the way down. I usually put on charger between 30-40 %. Depending on what my plans are for the day .
I usually just charge to 90%

Last edited:

bdball

Nov 2, 2018
Visit site
I just upgraded from an iPhone 6 to the Xr. I had been waiting for something that was worth the upgrade yet didn't break the bank. The only negative for me is the size is a bit big but I think I can get use to it. I got the black model because the Verizon store I went to didn't have blue when I went in. I use a wallet case so really the color didn't matter anyway. Everything about the phone is a huge step up from where I came from in the 6. Reminds me of when I went from the 4 to the 6. My wife and daughter had both upgraded to 8's after they came out and they both are a little jealous of my new phone. I got the black Case-Mate Wallet Folio that the Verizon Store sold to put it in. The battery life has been great so far. I'm usually still in the 70% range when I go to bed. I also like how good the audio is on this phone as well as the haptic (is that the right term?) touch.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I honestly was considering getting it and selling off my Max. I went so far as to buy it with the pickup option at the local  store. While walking around the store waiting to get notified that it was ready, I canceled the order and went home.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I just upgraded from an iPhone 6 to the Xr. I had been waiting for something that was worth the upgrade yet didn't break the bank. The only negative for me is the size is a bit big but I think I can get use to it. I got the black model because the Verizon store I went to didn't have blue when I went in. I use a wallet case so really the color didn't matter anyway. Everything about the phone is a huge step up from where I came from in the 6. Reminds me of when I went from the 4 to the 6. My wife and daughter had both upgraded to 8's after they came out and they both are a little jealous of my new phone. I got the black Case-Mate Wallet Folio that the Verizon Store sold to put it in. The battery life has been great so far. I'm usually still in the 70% range when I go to bed. I also like how good the audio is on this phone as well as the haptic (is that the right term?) touch.

Welcome to the club! Yeah I can relate to you on that, as I came from a 7. What color did you get?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Congrats on your XR

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Just got my red 128 gig Xr today from with the Sam's club deal ($300 gift card with activation). So far really loving it compared to my 6 plus. Face id is so fast and like that it only unlocks once I look at my phone, I think that is very smart and didn't know that it did that.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I had an X, and was not wowed by the Xs release at all. If I sell my X I didn't think I could justify shelling out an extra $350 -$400 for an Xs. The better camera and better speakers isn't enough to spend that type of money when my X works perfectly and still feels brand new to me.

However, the XR REALLY intrigued me. The vibrant color choices and in between size of the XS and XS Max had me itching to try one. I think the XS is the perfect size device, but at times I wish I had a slightly larger phone for video watching and more keyboard space. I was most worried about the LCD display, but after using this phone for a couple of hours I am pleasantly surprised by how good the display looks. I love the single lens portrait mode, not sure why the XS doesn't use the single lens. I slightly miss 3D touch but I don't think it's a deal breaker for me.

I'll use this for the next week or so and decide if I want to keep it over my X. Curious to hear what others think so far that bought the XR. I'm really psyched to see how good the battery is.

Did you keep the XR or return it?

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I ended up returning it.

Mind sharing what made you return it? Thought I was going to get the XS but just returned the XR and decided to wait until Black Friday. Now considering all three: X, XR, and XS. XR may be the best value but I’ll see what sales will be available.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73