Torn Between Black and Red

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I would only get black so it blends with the bigger black bezel, black case too, cases will look bad enough with the camera especially if different colour imo.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Totally do coral!!! Don’t listen to the naysayers....

Haha I was hoping it was a little more pinkish than orange. From what I can tell it's a little too orange for me. Certain angles I see salmon which I like then mostly see orangey...let's see how I love the red first ha

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have the 8+product red. I originally had the gold. Red is my favorite color and the glass back product red is stunning. I do have cases that cover the color but doesn’t bother me. I have a clear case too. I know I have it so if covered not bothered. I want my phone protected

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
The OtterBox one has a slight design to it which I like. If Apple came out with one it would have gone on sale today with the preorder

Both cases have arrived. Want to put on phone but like the Otterbox buttons slightly better as they seem more flush and don’t protrude as much.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Is this the first time Apple didn't offer some kind of Space Gray for a new iPhone?

I’m sure you remember but Phone 7/7+ wasn’t offered in space grey, only black (matte finish) and jet black (glossy finish). It was the only iPhone I ever owned that wasn’t white/silver.

As for the OP, the red is hot. Good choice!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I’ve seen on MacRumors that Apple was making a clear case for the XR in the mold of the leather/silicone cases.

I’ve read that in a few places. Hopefully it pans out for the XR users out there. I’m hoping it happens for the XS and XS Max as well though considering I own the latter.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Both cases have arrived. Want to put on phone but like the Otterbox buttons slightly better as they seem more flush and don’t protrude as much.

I got mine too and love the OtterBox . Such a tease not having the phone! My phone shipped and will be here tomorrow! Excited to see how the screen looks. I'm on the X now, so depending how it all looks, i will decide which one to keep

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I got mine too and love the OtterBox . Such a tease not having the phone! My phone shipped and will be here tomorrow! Excited to see how the screen looks. I'm on the X now, so depending how it all looks, i will decide which one to keep

I have the X as well. I’m giving it to Verizon once I get my XR. My X is paid for, so with the money I’ll get from Verizon for the X plus another phone I turned in, the XR will be paid off. And it will be brand new. And it will be pretty in blue lol. This is what it will look like in the Otterbox IMG_1971.JPG

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I have the X as well. I’m giving it to Verizon once I get my XR. My X is paid for, so with the money I’ll get from Verizon for the X plus another phone I turned in, the XR will be paid off. And it will be brand new. And it will be pretty in blue lol. This is what it will look like in the Otterbox View attachment 124849

Nice!!! I got the fog color case. I don't buy clear cases since they all yellow over time. Hopefully the Xr will meet all my expectations. I am so excited to get it tomorrow. I am a tech nerd and always like having the latest and greatest, so the screen is going to be the biggest deciding factor for me. I do love OLED screens so we shall see!

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Went and played with one at Walmart while getting groceries. Didn’t get a magnifying glass but the screen was more than acceptable to me. Didn’t pay super close attention but didn’t look drastically different than the Xs/Xs max screens. If it goes half off on Black Friday I would definitely be happy with it.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Phone is in the house. No problem with the display WHATEVER. Man I LOVE the buttons on that Otterbox case. It’s definitely Apple-ish...

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Phone is in the house. No problem with the display WHATEVER. Man I LOVE the buttons on that Otterbox case. It’s definitely Apple-ish...

Pics? When I thought about an XR I was thinking maybe blue but the renders/etc. online it looks more like a baby blue so too light for what I'd be after but maybe it's different in person?

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Pics? When I thought about an XR I was thinking maybe blue but the renders/etc. online it looks more like a baby blue so too light for what I'd be after but maybe it's different in person?

There are no pics I could take that would be better than say Apples website. I really do like the color. Not to light at all.