iPhone XR cases for kids

shasticat

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
I want to buy iPhone XR for for my niece, for her 12 birthday. What case would you recommend for a child? should I be looking for something that in indestructible? or just a girly case will do? :D

for now I'm considering this Spigen Tough Armor case
51mdMB3qg7L._SL400_.jpg

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
If possible, suggest letting her pick out the case. If you are near an Apple Store, they could also put on a screen protector, which I recommend for kids and adults.

For one of our daughter, we took her to an Apple Store and let her pick out an iPhone 7, case, and screen protector. That way she could see the colors in person and decide.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
For my kids I’ve been happy with the Otterbox Commuter cases and a screen protector. Protective but not bulky. If you’re getting a pretty color (love the coral!) maybe something clear?

shasticat

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
For my kids I’ve been happy with the Otterbox Commuter cases and a screen protector. Protective but not bulky. If you’re getting a pretty color (love the coral!) maybe something clear?

Otterbox Commuter is a good idea. I thought it is kind of bulky, but maybe I'm thinking of anther Otterbox case.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Otterbox Commuter is a good idea. I thought it is kind of bulky, but maybe I'm thinking of anther Otterbox case.

The Defender is super bulky. Symmetry is fairly slim. I’d put it between the two. It’s about the same thickness as a Speck Candy Shell.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
The Defender is super bulky. Symmetry is fairly slim. I’d put it between the two. It’s about the same thickness as a Speck Candy Shell.

I guess I'm used to defenders since I only ever use them or lifeproof. This design on the defender is a little slimmer than past iterations, but it's definitely not for everyone. I'm just glad that the rubber compound has changed some. Hopefully it won't stretch as bad as the older ones. I didn't think I would like the screenless version but so far I do. Should help with stretch as well because I won't have to take it off to clean dust near as much if ever since it can't get under a glass screen protector either.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Otterbox has various collections for their Symmetry brand of cases (as well as a few others in their Defender series) that are based on brands/characters such as ones from Disney, Marvel, or Star Wars. For instance there are Mickey/Minnie Mouse ones, as well as various SW characters. These Symmetry cases aren’t as bulky as the Defender cases. It looks like there are only a few Disney/SW ones for the XR currently.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711