Also..I’ve read that the XR would have basically the same LTE speeds as the X, and that the XS and Max would be faster. I’m a truck driver and my wife rides with me. In my truck, we have (don’t laugh lol) 2 iPhone X’s, 2 Note 9’s and a Pixel 2 XL. I’m sitting at a customer in a VERY small town in Georgia to get loaded up in the morning. I looked on phonescoop.com and it says the X has LTE Cat 9 (as does the XR), the Pixel 2 XL Cat 15 and the Note 9 Cat 18. I did Speedtest on my X and her X, and one on the Pixel and one on the Note 9. Results were staggering....Verizon....Pixel 2 XL download was 36mbps, X was (!) 144 and 133mbps and Note 9 166mbps. I think the XR will be just fine!!
    09-23-2018 10:35 PM
    My X is paid for. I’m gonna trade it to Verizon for $565 and I have $310 on a gift card with them so I’m just gonna buy the 64GB version outright and hey it won’t be like using a cheap Android for a year lol. I will keep it as a collector item and see what Apple comes up with next year.
    Out of curiosity, why would one trade an X for an XR? Is it for the larger screen and color options? I understand you're getting the new A12 chip but you're also giving up a higher quality screen, dual lens camera allowing for the lossless zoom.

Not trying to talk you out of your decision but more interested in the thought behind it and if I'm missing something and the XR is actually a solid upgrade over the X?
    09-24-2018 01:32 PM
    Out of curiosity, why would one trade an X for an XR? Is it for the larger screen and color options? I understand you're getting the new A12 chip but you're also giving up a higher quality screen, dual lens camera allowing for the lossless zoom.

Not trying to talk you out of your decision but more interested in the thought behind it and if I'm missing something and the XR is actually a solid upgrade over the X?
    Well screen size and colors are a major part. If the Max came in those colors I would be all over it. But this thing is $350 less. And Apple’s LCD screens have always been top notch. And I’m getting a newer and better camera, zoom has never been big deal to me.
    Spencerdl and MooMooPrincess like this.
    09-24-2018 02:51 PM
    Well screen size and colors are a major part. If the Max came in those colors I would be all over it. But this thing is $350 less. And Apple’s LCD screens have always been top notch. And I’m getting a newer and better camera, zoom has never been big deal to me.
    I also have an X and considering the XR. If the LCD screen quality looks good in person to me I will buy it. I rarely use 3D touch and to be quite honest, the telephoto lens on the X and XS is nothing to write home about. Every time I've used it I get grainy and noisy pictures...it isn't even worth it. The screen size and color options will be an upgrade as well as the camera although we lose the telephoto option. The max is WAY too large for me so I feel the 6.1 is the perfect in between size.
    09-27-2018 10:13 AM
    Exactly my reasons as well
    09-27-2018 01:01 PM
    Exactly my reasons as well
    I just found out that Walmart sells their iPhones $100 cheaper than everyone else. So now instead of getting the 128GB for $800, it will be $700. That’s what I want.
    09-27-2018 01:23 PM
    I just found out that Walmart sells their iPhones $100 cheaper than everyone else. So now instead of getting the 128GB for $800, it will be $700. That’s what I want.
    Sounds great.. however I’m English so we have no Walmart lol
    09-28-2018 12:21 PM
    But you also don’t have Trump. So you win. I would gladly send you Walmart AND Trump lol
    09-28-2018 12:37 PM
    I thought Walmart sold ASDA to Sainsbury, but has a 42% stake in the combined company? Walmart is everywhere, LOL!
    09-28-2018 07:29 PM
    I’m contemplating between the 8Plus and the XR. The XS and the XSMax are more phone than I need.
    The 8 Plus would be an excellent choice and cheaper than the other 3 mentioned .
    09-29-2018 04:03 PM
    XR maybe is the only iPhone I can afford.
    AT this point the XR is probably going to be the better of the three options.
    09-30-2018 02:42 PM
    I probably could swing an XS Max, but I want the XR more. Why? Because you have the choice of more than 3 colors. That's it. an iPhone is basically an iPhone. I would only really be missing the telephoto lens.
    09-30-2018 07:47 PM
    I think I am gonna pull the trigger on the Max in the morning. I’ll see how well the XR does and maybe pick one up down the road if the colors wow me.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-01-2018 11:09 PM
    I think I am gonna pull the trigger on the Max in the morning. I’ll see how well the XR does and maybe pick one up down the road if the colors wow me.
    Good Luck with the Max. My current device and I LUV IT
    10-02-2018 12:30 AM
    I couldn’t do it. I had all 3 colors and all 3 storage options right in front of me, all $100 off and I said no. I want to see the XR in person first.
    metalchick719 likes this.
    10-02-2018 08:16 AM
    I heard the XR has the better battery life when compared to the XS and XS Max which is shocking.
    10-04-2018 08:33 AM
    I heard the XR has the better battery life when compared to the XS and XS Max which is shocking.
    I don't find it shocking. The XS and XS Max have more features and whatnot that use battery that the XR doesn't have. And the difference isn't that much anyways.
    10-04-2018 09:12 AM
    I don't find it shocking. The XS and XS Max have more features and whatnot that use battery that the XR doesn't have. And the difference isn't that much anyways.
    What features? If you mean hardware wise, then yes OLED vs LCD. OLED uses more battery. With that said, I think the difference in battery will be very noticeable.
    10-04-2018 03:19 PM
43 12