refurb price of X

frankf10

May 21, 2020
Visit site
sorry to make a separate thread but....

looking at the iphone X, $599 for refurb seems high to me. When the 12 comes out, how much will the price drop? $399? Phone would be 3 years (phone releases old)

I'm new to apple world and coming from android, the prices drop fast and of course dropped support.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What gb size is that one? The base price of the iPhone X new, was $1,000. It's possible it might drop by $100 this fall. No clue. A refurb is a good phone. A lot different than buying used, like on eBay or somewhere. The iPhone X should continue to be supported with the latest OS for several more years.

frankf10

May 21, 2020
Visit site
what about swappa? Would it be comparable or still not in the same "league" as straight from apple. I see iphone X and iphone XS with a $500 and below price, with mint condition.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I think an Apple refurbished product would be worth the extra. You really don’t know the history of a second hand phone bought off a website.

frankf10

May 21, 2020
Visit site
that is a good point. as tempting as other sites are, apple may be the best bet...maybe the price will go down in the fall on refurbs.

(FB has a iphone x 256gb for $500...looks new and imei can clean)

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I agree with this. And as @BreakingKayfabe pointed out, it would come with a standard one-year warranty.

When the iPhone 12 comes out, you will be able to purchase a second hand iPhone X at a more reasonable cost. I know I will be selling mine, with 256gb, and my phone was replaced by Apple Care under warranty a few month back.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
sorry to make a separate thread but....

looking at the iphone X, $599 for refurb seems high to me. When the 12 comes out, how much will the price drop? $399? Phone would be 3 years (phone releases old)

I'm new to apple world and coming from android, the prices drop fast and of course dropped support.

If the iPhone X form factor is what your looking for then buy as much phone as you can afford but if your looking for value the iPhone SE 2020 is something to look at it will get a few more years of support than the iPhone X