Can I remote wipe my iPhone in airplane mode?

love2dancehb

Jun 28, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I need to remotely wipe an iPhone (11 pro max) that is currently in airplane mode. Of course at face value, this appears to be impossible but I’ve read a couple of answers to threads stating that it IS possible & an iPhone CAN be wiped if it’s not online. Can anyone help with this?

I’ve already been on the Find My via internet browser but without access to my iCloud am unable to do anything but put them into lost mode *when* they connect to internet.

It may be worth noting that I’ve currently not got access to any of my own Apple devices logged into iCloud. I’m hoping to sort this today, I'm unsure if that would make a difference right now.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Based on what you’ve stated in your initial post, the answer is no, and there’s really nothing you can do at this point except wait for the device to be powered on and put online.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I need to remotely wipe an iPhone (11 pro max) that is currently in airplane mode. Of course at face value, this appears to be impossible but I’ve read a couple of answers to threads stating that it IS possible & an iPhone CAN be wiped if it’s not online. Can anyone help with this?

Manually, from the device, yes. Remotely, no. Sorry.