Home iMore Q&A > iPhone X

Can I remote wipe my iPhone in airplane mode?

Asked: Jun 28 2020 | 1:46 am EDT 996 Views 3 Answers View Best Answer

Hi, I need to remotely wipe an iPhone (11 pro max) that is currently in airplane mode. Of course at face value, this appears to be impossible but I’ve read a couple of answers to threads stating that it IS possible & an iPhone CAN be wiped if it’s not online. Can anyone help with this?

I’ve already been on the Find My via internet browser but without access to my iCloud am unable to do anything but put them into lost mode *when* they connect to internet.

It may be worth noting that I’ve currently not got access to any of my own Apple devices logged into iCloud. I’m hoping to sort this today, I'm unsure if that would make a difference right now.

Best Answer

Jun 28 2020 | 6:24 am EDT Just_Me_D

Based on what you’ve stated in your initial post, the answer is no, and there’s really nothing you can do at this point except wait for the device to be powered on and put online.

More Answers

Jun 28 2020 | 8:18 am EDT Lee_Bo

Hi, I need to remotely wipe an iPhone (11 pro max) that is currently in airplane mode. Of course at face value, this appears to be impossible but I’ve read a couple of answers to threads stating that it IS possible & an iPhone CAN be wiped if it’s not online. Can anyone help with this?
Manually, from the device, yes. Remotely, no. Sorry.
Jun 28 2020 | 8:18 am EDT Lee_Bo

Based on what you’ve stated in your initial post, the answer is no, and there’s really nothing you can do at this point except wait for the device to be powered on and put online.
This.