Hi guys,

So my Listen for "Hey Siri" stopped working, and it appears that it might have been after I have used my new AirPods pro but I am not sure (I only got them few days ago and I have tried to search for an answer and I saw a few thread about this showing up, but didn't really get an answer)

I have an iPhone X and it seems that my Listen for "Hey Siri" has stopped working, which I use a lot. If I press the side button to trigger Siri then everything still appears to work.

Now I have tried to toggle off and on the Listen for "Hey Siri" settings, but I cannot actually have it switched back on, as when O try to setup "Hey Siri" it will fail to listen to anything at all. I have tried to do this while connected to a wired headset but it tells me to unplug it. If I connect my AirPods, then it will work.

I did try to unpair my AirPods and I still can't get it to work either. I have tried to do a restart and also reset network settings neither works (I haven't done a reset all settings and restore to factory yet, I hope I don't have to until the very last moment)

Anyone else have similar issues? From my observation it doesn't seems like a microphone issue, otherwise Siri wouldn't be working if I trigger it using my side buttons.

Thank you in advance
    06-08-2020 03:16 AM
    Choose the “Reset all settings” option in your iPhone’s settings and then pair your AirPod Pro with it again.
    Louiss97 likes this.
    06-08-2020 09:28 AM
    Hi guys,

So my Listen for "Hey Siri" stopped working, and it appears that it might have been after I have used my new AirPods pro but I am not sure (I only got them few days ago and I have tried to search for an answer and I saw a few thread about this showing up, but didn't really get an answer)

I have an iPhone X and it seems that my Listen for "Hey Siri" has stopped working, which I use a lot. If I press the side button to trigger Siri then everything still appears to work.

Now I have tried to toggle off and on the Listen for "Hey Siri" settings, but I cannot actually have it switched back on, as when O try to setup "Hey Siri" it will fail to listen to anything at all. I have tried to do this while connected to a wired headset but it tells me to unplug it. If I connect my AirPods, then it will work.

I did try to unpair my AirPods and I still can't get it to work either. I have tried to do a restart and also reset network settings neither works (I haven't done a reset all settings and restore to factory yet, I hope I don't have to until the very last moment)

Anyone else have similar issues? From my observation it doesn't seems like a microphone issue, otherwise Siri wouldn't be working if I trigger it using my side buttons.

Thank you in advance
    Hello and welcome to iMore! I haven’t had this experience with mine and agree with the advice suggested by @Just_Me_D.
    Louiss97 likes this.
    06-09-2020 08:24 AM
    Welcome to iMore Henry

After trying the reset options with or without success

Update your device to iOS 13.5.1 if you haven’t already. This update comes with a new Hey Siri feature that you can toggle on

Go to Settings>Accessibility> then scroll to the bottom of the screen to Siri>Always Listen for "Hey Siri” and turn it on. This allows Siri to hear the phrase while it’s in your pocket or facing down
    Annie_M and Lee_Bo like this.
    06-09-2020 10:30 AM
    Welcome to iMore Henry

After trying the reset options with or without success

Update your device to iOS 13.5.1 if you haven’t already. This update comes with a new Hey Siri feature that you can toggle on

Go to Settings>Accessibility> then scroll to the bottom of the screen to Siri>Always Listen for "Hey Siri” and turn it on. This allows Siri to hear the phrase while it’s in your pocket or facing down
    And FYI, it’s off by default:

I had to turn mine on.
    kataran likes this.
    06-09-2020 11:15 AM