So I really try to take care of my phones and really watch for battery life and battery health. I’ve had the iPhone X since it came out and the battery percent health is around 92% but recently I have found that the back was getting very hot near the camera.

I didn’t think anything of it until I noticed at the top of my phone it seems that the battery may be expanding on the inside and pushing the screen up because I can see into the phone from the top and also the right side.

The phone is over three years old and is not under warranty. During this time when Apple stores are not really open is there anything I can do to get the phone looked at to see if it can be fixed from Apple? Thanks for your help.
    04-28-2020 04:24 PM
    Apple Support may allow for you to send in your device to be checked out. Just tell them what the problem is and then see what options they provide to get it taken care of.
    04-28-2020 05:45 PM
    If that is truly happening I don’t think it would be wise to send it through the mail. That could be dangerous.
    Whatever you decide be careful with it. I think I’d be buying a new phone.
    parker5011 likes this.
    04-28-2020 06:25 PM
    If that is truly happening I don’t think it would be wise to send it through the mail. That could be dangerous.
    Whatever you decide be careful with it. I think I’d be buying a new phone.
    I have the new SE coming Monday. For now I’m using my daughters pink iPhone 7 haha. I’ve put the iPhone X in its box and turned it off and I’m gonna wait until Apple stores open up and then I’ll take it over there and see what they say
    TgeekB, Just_Me_D and kataran like this.
    04-28-2020 06:57 PM