Lying iPhone or lying kid??

itsmelodie

Nov 21, 2019
Visit site
I put the [redacted] app on my sons phone (he knows) because we had some issues in the past. I checked his location yesterday and the app said he was offline for 15 minutes. I called him and he answered and the location did not update. I checked his find my iPhone app that he doesn't know I have access to and it showed him completely somewhere other than where the [redacted] app said he was, which was 5 minutes away. The green circle was large at first and then disappeared leaving me to think the location was spot on. He swears he didn't turn his location off on [redacted] and that his find my iPhone was wrong. The only grey area is the fact that the green circle was large and got close to the area he said he was briefly. My thinking, paranoia, is that he managed to turn location off for [redacted] but didn't the find my iPhone thing because he didn't know I had access. What are you thinking with this information?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
From a technical standpoint, GPS is only as good as the iPhone's reception. Inside any building affects not only LTE signal, but GPS as well. And for some reason the iPhone hits a no signal area, it can show as offline.

From a parental standpoint, I think you may be looking for information that we here at iMore cannot provide.

Thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Trusted Member
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
If I was a teenager, and my parents did this, I would find a way to get my own phone and line. Even if prepaid.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Agreed! I will say that I use both APPs and have noticed discrepancies between the two. I have chalked it up to reception issues!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If I was a teenager, and my parents did this, I would find a way to get my own phone and line. Even if prepaid.

If you were my kid (teen under the age of 18), it wouldn’t matter if you bought your own phone and pay your own cell bill. You will still abide by my rules and I will still check on you on occasion to make sure you’re doing exactly what you said you were doing. Why? Because I’m responsible for you until you become an adult. Period!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

My opinion is don’t reply solely on technology to make your decisions. Take into account your child’s past behavior as well as his character to make you determination.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711