I’ve a query.

I have AppleCare+ for my iPhone X.

I would like to avail express replacement due to issues with overheating. There is no physical damage.

Is it possible for Apple to deny ER due to reasons like below?

Example 1 - The phone passes MRI test. So can they deny it and state there is no overheating?

Example 2 - There are many Apple stores near the house where I’m getting my ER delivered. Is that a problem?

Example 3 - If a phone was bought in UK but has AppleCare+. And then the person is on a trip in USA, staying with a friend and wants to get ER done and delivered to the US address. Can they deny ER stating that the phone wasn’t purchased in USA?

Can somebody please shed light on the above?

I would much appreciate it. I’m really anxious.
    10-02-2019 10:58 PM
    I’ve a query.

I would like to avail express replacement due to issues with overheating. There is no physical damage.

Example 1 - The phone passes MRI test. So can they deny it and state there is no overheating?

Example 2 - There are many Apple stores near the house where I’m getting my ER delivered. Is that a problem?

Example 3 - If a phone was bought in UK but has AppleCare+. And then the person is on a trip in USA, staying with a friend and wants to get ER done and delivered to the US address. Can they deny ER stating that the phone wasn’t purchased in USA?

Emily, iMore is not Apple. We are a Apple enthusiast site. You would need to contact Apple for this specific information.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    10-03-2019 07:48 AM
    I’ve a query.

Overheating is typically due to either high game usage or a rogue app running continuously in the background. With that being said, I recommend you restore the device and then set it up as new.

As for your question, Apple can deny a replacement if it deems there’s nothing wrong with the suspect device, unless laws state otherwise.
    Lee_Bo and Annie_8plus like this.
    10-03-2019 07:58 AM
    @Just_Me_D @Spencerdl

Very well stated replies. I thank you both.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    10-03-2019 12:13 PM
    I’ve a query.

Short answer is yes, Apple can deny anything they want.
    10-03-2019 12:14 PM
    Overheating is typically due to either high game usage or a rogue app running continuously in the background. With that being said, I recommend you restore the device and then set it up as new.

As for your question, Apple can deny a replacement if it deems there’s nothing wrong with the suspect device, unless laws state otherwise.
    I understand your anxiety, but why not make an appointment with the Genius Bar at the closest Apple Store where you will be staying, and have the phone checked out. As @Just_Me_D has suggested, it could be a game or rogue app.
    10-03-2019 03:03 PM
    As a side note it has been my experience, that Apple Care, and Apple Customer Service, are particularly good. They have always been friendly and accommodating AND in at least 1 case they went FAR above and beyond for me.
    10-04-2019 07:45 AM