[RESOLVED]Am I blocked?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Am I blocked?

I have been talking to someone that also as an iPhone. The messages were blue. There was no tension or anything. All of a sudden, my messages started showing up green.
I know green means SMS, but does that also mean I have been blocked?

I wouldn’t know. Unbelievably enough, I haven’t been blocked on iMessage or any other texting service in years.
Hopefully someone else may shed some light.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I have been talking to someone that also as an iPhone. The messages were blue. There was no tension or anything. All of a sudden, my messages started showing up green.
I know green means SMS, but does that also mean I have been blocked?

Yes, it could possibly mean that your iMessages have been blocked by the recipient. Since it is clear you have the recipient’s phone number can you not give the person a call? If he or she doesn’t answer after a few attempts then that would be a somewhat clear sign that he or she no lingers wants to communicate with you, in my opinion.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

It can also mean that the recipient has turned off iMessage for their account. It can also mean that the recipient is offline (or the phone is turned off) and, if you have "Send as SMS" in your Settings / Messages, your phone has switched to sending messages as SMS while the user is unreachable with iMessage.

Question5785

Sep 27, 2019
Visit site

I actually called from my phone, and got a Verizon wireless message saying the caller has restrictions that prevent this call from being completed.

Wondering if I was blocked, I tried using another phone number I know this person does not have and got the same message.

This person has been having personal issues and hasn't blocked me on anything else, so i'm just wondering if they just went into isolation mode or had their phone taken away.

Sad story, but thanks! I was just confused because it went from a cheerful conversation to dead silence then those started happening... I could understand if I did something haha but yeah

Mental illnesses are no joke.

THank you!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I actually called from my phone, and got a Verizon wireless message saying the caller has restrictions that prevent this call from being completed.

Wondering if I was blocked, I tried using another phone number I know this person does not have and got the same message.

This person has been having personal issues and hasn't blocked me on anything else, so i'm just wondering if they just went into isolation mode or had their phone taken away.

Sad story, but thanks! I was just confused because it went from a cheerful conversation to dead silence then those started happening... I could understand if I did something haha but yeah

THank you!

We don’t need to know the particulars. It’s possible that she is behind on a cell bill. Anyway, hopefully the communications will resume soon. In the meantime, live your life.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

THank you!

You mention the phone being taken away. Are we talking about someone who may be under the “legal adult” age and had their phone removed by a parental unit? If so then there’s really nothing else to discuss.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice