Will you still keep your iPhone X if you’ve opted to get an iPhone 11/11 Pro?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For some reason, there are people who believe that the iPhone X will eventually be a collectors item. Having said that, if you’re a current iPhone X owner and are considering purchasing an iPhone 11 or an iPhone 11 Pro model, are you going to keep your current iPhone X?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Giving mine to my dad to replace his 6s+ (he loves his phone, and really doesn’t need faceID/better camera, but his battery is BAD (like, really bad))so giving him my phone is better than him buying a new 8+ or something.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Oh Man D you got me twisted

I started with the i5 and when I got the 5s I said this is the iPhone that I will put in my personal phone Museum (Top Draw). Then the SE came to be and I said the same but the resale value was to tempting to pass up.

Now my 20 month old mint condition iPhone X 256GB Silver will be the One. I still have the mint condition Box with unused earbuds.

Well unless

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I’m keeping my X until Apple comes back to their senses. If they don’t, I’ll probably get a flip phone but then I’ll need a halfway decent mini tablet for my hikes. I can’t win.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh Man D you got me twisted

I started with the i5 and when I got the 5s I said this is the iPhone that I will put in my personal phone Museum (Top Draw). Then the SE came to be and I said the same but the resale value was to tempting to pass up.

Now my 20 month old mint condition iPhone X 256GB Silver will be the One. I still have the mint condition Box with unused earbuds.

Well unless

Yeah, if I do decide to get an iPhone 11, I’ll more than likely keep my iPhone X. I still have the box it came in, thankfully.

Last edited:

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
Right now my daughter is using my X. When I upgrade her phone in December (we’re using the 7+ to upgrade from), I’ll wipe my X and put it back in its box. I definitely plan to hold on to it.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Have no intentions on keeping my X. Going to take it to the Apple store where they are giving $400. I’ll use that to pay for my AppleCare+ and put the rest towards a HomePod.

I considered selling it on Craigslist but don’t know if I feel like dealing with people. Lol.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I’m thinking I’m going to keep it as a back up phone. Someone is always breaking a phone in my family. As of now though I’m not upgrading.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I’m undecided.

I have one replacement left on AppleCare before it’s done in November, so I’m going to get a fresh handset (I don’t use a case and it’s been dropped a few times - I’ve never dropped a phone like I have the X) because of the battery and some scratches on the screen, but I don’t know if I’ll sell it then or keep it as a spare.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I’m not sure if I’ll keep my iPhone 7 Plus.
Depending on my financial needs, I’ll see what I do.
I don’t see a reason to keep it, either. In all those years there is only been 2 instances that I wished I had a spare iPhone.

Johndosh

Aug 7, 2019
Visit site
Yeah going to keep my x for longer. I don’t take a lot of pics so the new iPhones don’t intrigue me enough. Also I’m not a power user or anything so the x is plenty for me. Saying all that still have to say the x even at this stage is still a good solid device and still very capable phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro